August 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me this is one of the most perfect base colors for a french mani, I can even paint it on over the white tip because its so sheer it doesnt distort the hue of the white tip. Its simple, easy and pretty. If your looking for a ton of color or something more opaque this is not for you (try OPI Bubble Bath, thats what I like for a more pigmented version of this look), but I apperciate its beauty and love it for french manis and pedis.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Way to sheer for me didnt cover the whites of my nail love the quality of the polish thou and the bottles so so cute

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kathywa

Slightly better than wearing just clear polish. If I was a gal who worked the sort of job where I had to wear a 'professional' polish, then this would be a go-to shade. Or if I was a guy who was into a shiny, slightly pink nail, I'd be into this. But, I'm neither. I am SAHM who finds happiness and joy in bright, fun colors. Or glitter. Or shimmer. Or duochromes. Or flakies. This has none. I might keep it as a going-to-a-funeral shade, or in case I suddenly change personalities (no chance of that!). Yes, it's a nude, yes, I would think many could wear this. I just like a lil' more ooomph in my polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by limwc

Read so much about this colour in magazines, decided to get one to try. I like the sheer (very close to nailbed) colour but can't seem to cover my slightly yellow nails. It fades after a few days. I prefer Pure Chiffon as it is more pinkish and covers the yellow nails, which makes them look healthier than Mademoiselle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Paired with Essie "blanc" works very well for a natural looking french manicure.

Have short, artificial nails and Mademoiselle looked really good on them for about 6 days, after that, color started to change - so if you get a refill on artificial nail beds every 2 weeks, you may need a full polish change halfway thru. Essie "blanc" on tips also chipped after about 5-6 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xotiffany

this color is perfect alone or with a french manicure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this color for a natural pink look. If your nails are pink naturally this might show up looking more clear though.

Its a great color if you want to look natural with a little kick ;0)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ljteich

The perfect sheer pink. Looks great alone - but looks even better when paired with a coat of montauk the end

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect baby pink. It's a very demure, ladylike shade. No shimmer or glitter in this one. As always, the drying time is great and it lasts quite a while sans chippage. I feel like some elegant French lady when I wear it. Seriously: this one (and most Essie colors) trumps my Chanel and OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dollface_vixen

Ever look at an ad, see the model's nails and wish you had pretty nails like her? Then you definitely should try this polish! It gives nails a sheer pink colour, similar to the colour of ballet point shoes. I bought this a while ago in a set but never really reached for it but lately, it's been what I've been reaching for everytime. It really makes fingers look soft and finished. I personally think it looks best on short to mid-length nails, very sophisticated. The nail colour itself is quite glossy so I suppose you could get away with no top coat...but the polish itself has a tendency to peel so I would recommend a top coat.