Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 4/8/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First time buying an Essie polish and I love it! I bought this color because I'm always wearing nude on my tips. The formula is so nice that is was so easy for me to paint evenly with no streaks. The color is shiny and milky with a hint of pale pink. I will continue to buy Essie polishes from now on.

on 4/6/2009 8:15:00 PM

Pretty pink polish. It does not streak and I like three coats to get a bit of a milky effect. It dries super quick and has a lovely shine!

on 4/6/2009 11:03:00 AM

There is obviously almost a million reviews on this polish as it is the best selling in Essie. I bought it based on the good reviews. It is very glossy and easy to apply, but I wasn't happy with the way the color showed up in two layers with french white tips. It looked too cool and pale on my hands, unless I have too much red around my nails. I tried it without the white tips and it looked better. Would prefer something warmer for myself for french manicure.

on 3/19/2009 3:26:00 PM

I love this polish - I'm so glad to be done looking for the perfect neutral, I've found it! It's a great soft pink, but not pink enough to look little girly. Also, it has a really pretty shine to it. I think 2 coats looks the best, most finished without being too opaque. Zero streaks!

on 1/30/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is certainly my staple nail polish. The color is gorgeous, it dried quickly and stays ON. LOVE it!

on 10/7/2008 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color! Pale pink polishes look the same in the bottle, but this one is the best. It's uber-sheer, so it works well with white for a French manicure and I can layer it to get the saturation of color that I want. In thin coats, like all of Essie's great polishes, this dries quickly. It resists chipping, but even when it does, the color has a great subtlety so it's barely noticeable. On my fingernails one thin coat brightens up my fingernails, looking natural, clean and sophisticated. I will probably use this up fast and will definitely buy another one when I run out.

on 9/22/2008 7:33:00 PM

Mademoiselle plus Marshmallow equals french manicure perfection!!

on 9/21/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the Chanel No. 5 of nail polishes: more than just a classic, it is THE classic nail polish, especially if you've moved beyond painting your nails the outrageous trend color du jour. Mademoiselle is a very sheer, glossy, pale pink. Your nails but better, if you will. It is far less pink than the bottle makes it appear- on my nails it is just a notch above clear, but that's really all I'm looking for. The application is easy, and the product doesn't start to streak until you're around 3/4 of the way done with the bottle, at which point you should just go out and buy a new bottle. I've been doing that for years, and will continue to do so as long as Essie keep producing Mademoiselle.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Um, why have i not tried essie polishes before???!!!??? i always thought the square little bottles were drab so i kept on buying much flashier OPI, what a mistake!!! i love the quality of essie, i have never used a polish so light without such un-streakishness:) perfect color for everyday, can't wait to try more!!!

on 9/15/2008 2:41:00 PM

I absolutely love this nail polish. I have a lot of other colors but this is the perfect color. Its better than clear and a bright color. After using several colors I always go back to this. It looks girly and sweet. I will definitely buy again. Even the shades close to this one are nice.

Popular Polishes