November 24, 2014 | 2026 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Um, why have i not tried essie polishes before???!!!??? i always thought the square little bottles were drab so i kept on buying much flashier OPI, what a mistake!!! i love the quality of essie, i have never used a polish so light without such un-streakishness:) perfect color for everyday, can't wait to try more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by xrchlx02

I absolutely love this nail polish. I have a lot of other colors but this is the perfect color. Its better than clear and a bright color. After using several colors I always go back to this. It looks girly and sweet. I will definitely buy again. Even the shades close to this one are nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me this is one of the most perfect base colors for a french mani, I can even paint it on over the white tip because its so sheer it doesnt distort the hue of the white tip. Its simple, easy and pretty. If your looking for a ton of color or something more opaque this is not for you (try OPI Bubble Bath, thats what I like for a more pigmented version of this look), but I apperciate its beauty and love it for french manis and pedis.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

Way to sheer for me didnt cover the whites of my nail love the quality of the polish thou and the bottles so so cute

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by kathywa

Slightly better than wearing just clear polish. If I was a gal who worked the sort of job where I had to wear a 'professional' polish, then this would be a go-to shade. Or if I was a guy who was into a shiny, slightly pink nail, I'd be into this. But, I'm neither. I am SAHM who finds happiness and joy in bright, fun colors. Or glitter. Or shimmer. Or duochromes. Or flakies. This has none. I might keep it as a going-to-a-funeral shade, or in case I suddenly change personalities (no chance of that!). Yes, it's a nude, yes, I would think many could wear this. I just like a lil' more ooomph in my polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by limwc

Read so much about this colour in magazines, decided to get one to try. I like the sheer (very close to nailbed) colour but can't seem to cover my slightly yellow nails. It fades after a few days. I prefer Pure Chiffon as it is more pinkish and covers the yellow nails, which makes them look healthier than Mademoiselle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Paired with Essie "blanc" works very well for a natural looking french manicure.

Have short, artificial nails and Mademoiselle looked really good on them for about 6 days, after that, color started to change - so if you get a refill on artificial nail beds every 2 weeks, you may need a full polish change halfway thru. Essie "blanc" on tips also chipped after about 5-6 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xotiffany

this color is perfect alone or with a french manicure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by FacciaBella5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this color for a natural pink look. If your nails are pink naturally this might show up looking more clear though.

Its a great color if you want to look natural with a little kick ;0)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ljteich

The perfect sheer pink. Looks great alone - but looks even better when paired with a coat of montauk the end