Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 5/30/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It is hard to believe some of the negative reviews for this powder! This is my second most favorite powder anymore. I still like Guerlain the best, but Lancome Dual is my next best powder. I still use Estee L. too, but it is not nearly as good as Guerlain, or Lancome. I recently bought another Lancome compact for the L.E. compact. ;-) Love the rose on the front, and since my Guerlain is almost ready for a refill at $45 each, and my Lancome was also down to the pan...well let's just say with the free gifts right now, and my old one being down to the pan, I just could not stop myself! This really is a great powder. It is very finely milled, goes on like silk, and you can build up the coverage if you need to. I find just a light sweep of my brush is all I need to set my foundation all day. It is fun to take the lovely rose designed compact out and dust my nose though, and it smells so lady like, almost as much luxury as my Guerlain.
Did I mention the free gifts? Not bad at all. A full size lipstick in your choice of shades. A moisture cream of your choice (small one, but last a long time for me since I rather use my Merlot Grapeseed Night Cream), a mascara (small), a quad eyeshadow collection (small), an eye makeup remover, and a bag. Think that was all. Not too bad really for free. I buy the powder without a gift, so the gift was like a bonus.
Update:
I use this some days when I just do not feel like going to whole nine yards with foundation. It works wonders at hiding all my flaws! Sometimes when I am having a good skin day, this is all I grab for. It makes my skin feel more light & free.

on 5/23/2009 11:55:00 PM

I really love this powder. It's a finely milled powder with very true to skin color tones. I wear the Nu intensity 3 and I'm a Mac NC35. It's great for the summer when you don't want the heavy overdone look. I usually apply concealer under my eyes and on the sides of my nose and a little on my cheeks and then apply this powder lightly with a large MAC 50 brush. It looks fresh and natural. I also love the scent. It's a lot lighter than I remember it being. So it's not a bother anymore. They've discontinued the unscented variety due to it's unpopularity. I purchased this when they had the free gift with purchase so I'm really pleased. Also purchased the blush in Shimmer Mocha Havanna. Please read my review on that, I love it as well!

on 5/20/2009 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this powder on me, it gives me a matte elegant finish, and isn't heavy in color when applying. It doesnt have that "shes wearing foundation" look. Its very light and dewy.You have the option of making it heavy coverage if you use the sponge and add water. It matches my skin tone exact, and does not give one solid color to the face. It corresponds with each tone on your face. I have like 2 different skin tones on my face, and I like the way that looks on me, and wouldnt want to change my skin tone or alter it in any way since that is my natural born beauty, so overall I'm digging this powder.

on 5/19/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like this powder.
First of all its pretty expensive and it also gives you a really cakey look.
The only reason I ever even tried this powder was because my mom is obsessed with Lancome and insisted that I try it.
I personally don't like it at all and don't plan on ever buying it again.

on 5/7/2009 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff can cover just about anything and that's why I'm never without it. I never use it wet, as it doesn't blend as well and makes the foundation itself useless. If you have very dry skin I don't recommend this as it can get a little dry and cakey. I have to make sure I'm very moisturized before using. I love how it gives me a very matt, even finish on my face though and hides a ton of yucky spots, especially when I'm hormonally breaking out.
It is pretty pricey at about $35 but since I don't use it every day I make one compact stretch a few months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder/foundation. It donst cake or look like to much powder. It looks natural like I dont have makeup on. Plus it covers all my flaws for a flawless finish.

on 4/30/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think it's a good product overall, but the pressed powder itself isn't for me! My face somehow always ends up a little flaky whenever I use any kind of powder (even with toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen on). Liquid is the best for me, but if I have to choose powder, loose powder is actually more favorable on my skin than pressed.

on 4/30/2009 9:09:00 PM

I've used this for years and love it as an everyday compact to keep in your purse. I used to use it as a foundation on those lazy days I didn't want to apply liquid foundation but didn't get the coverage I needed. I've recently changed over to the Make Up Forever Duo foundation powder for more coverage and love it. But I will never give up the Lancome Dual Finish powder for my purse.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this a few years ago and I remember not liking it too much. I prefer my MAC Studio Fix powder. For me, Lancome's products are really iffy. Some products I'll LOVE and then some are just okay. This one is just okay. It didn't make my face matte for very long.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have dry skin with minor rosacea around my nose and because of that, I found I could only use this stuff wet (dampened the makeup sponge that came with the product). If I applied the powder directly on my face (either with the puff or a brush), my rosacea would get irritated and the product looked like it was just sitting on top of my face instead of blending in with the rest of my skin.

While it is a good foundation when used wet, I was going through the product SUPER FAST this way! It's not like this stuff is cheap either! I had to find an alternative as this just wasn't working for me.

I switched to MAC's StudioSculpt afterwards and used what I had left of my Lancome Dual Finish as a setting powder, which did actually work wonderfully!