August 28, 2014 | 1151 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel completely middle of the road about this product. I love the smell. I can't stop sniffing my hair after I use it. It does smooth the hair. It does what it says it will do, I just don't think it's the best in any aspect. I don't like how it builds up in my hair though. I have to use a clarifying shampoo every couple weeks or my hair gets brittle. If you use it to moisturize then I think Josie Maran pure argan oil is a far superior option. If you use it to smooth your hair or to prep your hair for styling then in my experience Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum blows it out of the water. If you have healthy, unfussy hair and you just want a multipurpose grooming product that smells nice then this will be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Lihilovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is really dry thick and wavy, buy mostly dry looking. few years ago i went to this hairdresser,and everytime i went there my hair looked so much better, smoother and softer. i asked the hairstylist what was he using on my hair and he told me he's using moroccanoil and he gave me a 2 sample of it. i fell inlove with that product!!! it make my hair look so much better and healthier! just amazing. after finishing the samples sizes i had to get one, so i did. i finished around 3 bottles of it. just love it

-update-
so im about to finish the lastest bottle of this, and for some reason it stopped working for me? like my hair is soooo much softer afre using this. but not like it used to be. i recently bleached the end of my hair so maybe thats the reason.but still its a little depressing

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by neptunianjelly

I bought this with high hopes of it making my hair feel, if not look, healthy again. I have thick, dry, wavy hair, and my split ends have been increasing in numbers for the past couple of weeks. So I tried to ignore the price, and bought it as a little Christmas gift for myself. This product is good, but it's not great. I have to be careful of only applying a quarter size amount, otherwise my hair ends up looking quite greasy. And the smell is god-awful. Some people say it smells like perfume, but I think it smells like some hippie oil. Besides that, the product is good at taming my frizzy hair and making it quite shiny. It also makes it more manageable and very soft. Would not recommend to anyone who doesn't have the money, has oily hair, or are sensitive to smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

This is a good product. I like it a lot but compared to some cheaper versions of this: I don't know if it works any better. This product is quite costly and this is the reason I never purchased it. I recieved morrocanoil as a XMAS gift. I do like the product and it gives the results that I love- soft, shiny, silky hair. A little goes a long way and only 1-2 pumps are needed But I get the same results using cheaper products. I don't know if there are any long term benefits for this particular brand but I guess I will find out. Would I dish out the money to purchase? Maybe. If I have extra cash and want a large bottle. There are some drugstore brands that give me similar results for cheaper like ORGANIX Morrocan Argan Oil, Garnier Sleek and Shine serum with argan oil, and Silkworks silkoil. I may need to stick with those if on a budget. IDK, I guess I kind of expected more since this product has been called the holy grail by some reviewers. Still like the product though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the result ok but I was reading up on it, it's not natural and it's silicone based. It coats the hair to make it look smooth and shinny but you can hardly wash it off with water. I'm guessing because of that it gives you the illusion that your hair is smooth and soft, in actually it dries your hair out inside. Plus it has synthetic fragrance which is toxic to your body ( I do love the smell don't get me wrong) ... I have tried just the 100% Argan oil. It's a little greasier than the Moroccan oil, but I think I will stick to that cuz it actually does good to my hair instead of making it look like it's doing a good job.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by sshairprof

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. The smell could be a little better though. The opening gets gunk on it and sometimes more comes out than needed..which wastes it because it is not cheap. It works wonders on ethnic hair too. It is very good to use
to protect against damage from irons

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My friend gave this to me and it has been a miracle product for my naturally wavy, frizzy hair when I blow dry it straight and put the iron to it. It actually helps control my frizz even when I let it go natural, as well. I love the smell but wish that this glass bottle she gave me had a better filter to dispense the product onto my palm rather than having it just pour freely because it's easy to get more than is needed. Anyways, it's one of the few products I have found that makes my hair shiny, soft, and healthy looking. Also decreases drying time and makes it easier to keep straight. It doesnt make my hair oily but CAN make it flat if I apply it to my root area, though. Overall I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by glareathon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another product I discovered because my mom bought it after being talked into it by whoever was selling it... unlike the others though, this one she actually uses, and now so do I. I only use it once in a while though, because while I love love love the smell, I find it weirdly greasy and almost artificially shiny looking. I have wavy/curly hair, and I think when light hits the parts of my hair that are more kinky/frizzy, this product actually highlights the un-smoothness rathing than making it look shiny and healthy like it's supposed to. Good thing I'm totally in love with the smell, otherwise I probably wouldn't splurge on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by CordeliaS

I've found Moroccan Oil to be great for moisturizing my dry ends without making my roots greasy. It makes my hair smooth and soft and I like the way it makes my hair smell, although the scent may not be to everyone's liking.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by deedee26

not overly impressed with this stuff! I went through two bottles of the original (not the lighter) formula and it did nothing for my highlighted, blonde hair :-( I won't buy it again.