Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 4/21/2009 9:03:00 AM

I bought the CG Exact Eyelights for GREEN eyes - color BLACK RUBY. It is neither black or ruby. It goes on light a light mauve color, and does NOTHING to make your eyes pop. It actually made my eyes look smaller because the color on the lashes was so flat and greyish.
WILL NOT PURCHASE AGAIN. Maybeline FULL&SOFT is the way to go!

on 4/18/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Well, I'm not seeing a brightening effect but honestly, I never really thought I would. How can a mascara brighten your eyes? However, I bought this today in the black-gold. No, I don't have hazel eyes...but I'm sick of black mascara and gold sounded interesting. So far I gotta say I'm impressed with this stuff! I've been using Maybelline Great Lash and Smashbox mascara (both black) for as long as I can remember. Two very different products on different ends of the price spectrum....both perform about the same for me. I have short, stick straight eyelashes (yet ironically, very curly hair) that do not hold a curl for anything so I never expect much from mascaras. I didn't even get to curl my lashes before putting on the Cover Girl, as I was in the car in the Walgreens parking lot, however, my lashes held the lift and it's now 10 hours later and my lashes are STILL looking curled. Now, normally after curling my lashes and applying mascara, my lashes hold the curl for an hour or two and then revert to their natural state. I keep looking in the mirror because I can't believe how nice they still look! No, I don't see any "highlighting" effect, and I can only see the gold sparkle when I look really, really close. I think it'll probably show up a little in direct sunlight which is kinda cool. BUT I love the brush and the way this makes my lashes look. Also, no out-of-the-ordinary clumping for me. All in all, I think I'll be repurchasing. I'm impressed as I tend to be a bit of a high-end makeup snob but I gotta hand it to Cover Girl. It blows my Smashbox out of the water.

EDIT: Good product, but dried out really quickly and I had to throw it away. Still looking for a perfect mascara....

on 4/18/2009 7:04:00 PM

Are you kidding us Cover Girl! There were no "highlights" or "sparkle" in my black pearl mascara. It went on like regular mascara, no other enhancements could be seen. For this reason, only three lippies. On the other hand, it absolutely did not clump on me, covered really well, stayed put and was easy to take off.

I'm still miffed my eyes didn't look all sparkley and bright as Rhianna's....that's the ad machine for you.

on 4/16/2009 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the 2nd tube of cover girl eyelights mascara.
I dont think it has that "eye-popping" effect, but it does its job by lengthening, volumizing, and no clumping!
After I use my cover girl lash blast, sometimes it clumps due to its gigantic wand size, so I use cover girl exact eyelights on top of it to de-clump(?) the finish. It's also great for lower lashes

on 4/16/2009 12:14:00 PM

It's alright. I didn't notice my eyes stand out very much, and like someone else said it tends to be clumpy. Recently I have been using it but also using Estee Lauder's Projectionist over it. I don't like the Projectionist by itself, but with the Eyelights it seems to get rid of the clumps, and help brighten my eyes.

But as a whole I've used better mascaras.

on 4/8/2009 4:53:00 PM

makes your eye lashes clump together but is other wise pretty good

on 4/4/2009 9:03:00 PM

Very much like Lash Exact, which is nothing special. I used this once and now it sits somewhere in the bottom of my makeup box. Bleh.

on 4/4/2009 9:02:00 PM

Got this on sale for $5 and thought it was great so went back and stocked up on more. Not sure I would pay full price for it, though.

Does it make your eyes brighter? Not really, maybe a tiny bit. BUT it's the best mascara I've tried so far. Not clumpy, smeary, irritating, or fake looking at all. It's perfect for everyday wear, and I really like the brush.

on 4/3/2009 7:52:00 PM

I love this mascara..it made my lashes curl up!! plus it really does bring out the green in my eye.. it's amazing I just LOVE IT!

on 4/2/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

A total hoax! False advertisement like the ad Revlon had for '3D' mascara. Doesn't do anything, let alone brightening the eyes. Back to Shoppers it goes. Tried this in 'Black Pearl' for brown eyes.