October 21, 2014 | 1347 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sarahleia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had the most terrible luck with bronzers. With my skin being fair and neutral, most turn orange on me immediately. Hoola is different. The color you see is the color you get on your skin. It is a neutral brown with no orange in it. The product seems to stay on my face well and i can use the same box for a long time. There seems to be a lot of product in that small packaging. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a matte bronzer perfect for contouring a fair to medium complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the mini size of this from benefit 'tan about town' and I'm quite satisfied about the result. It looks really natural (does not have shimmer; i hate shimmers), it does not break out on me and it sits quite well on my oily skin. however, the price is brutally pricey for college students like me lol so I think I'd go for a dupe...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by mayyybel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. A tad pricey... also make sure you ditch that brush that comes along with it and use a proper sloped brush,u can get a cheap contouring brush from Sigma. I struggled with the application initially but after watching some youtube tutorials, this looks beautiful on my. I have medium colored skin ( NW25 ) for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Purhcased this as I ran out of my MAC bronzer and heard good things about this. It is quite expensive for the amount you get and the square box is not very good. Would prefer a large compact for a bigger bronzer brush.

The brush it comes with is no good for this product. It gets too much on it and doesn't distribute it properly.

The colour is good for my pale skin provided I use it sparingly. Its is matte and non shimmery so looks quite natural on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by hotdg77

The overall quality of this is amazing, I am quite medium-fair cool skin toned and this gives me the options of either contouring or having a natural bronzed look. It is a true matte formula, and I'm so happy I splurged on this because imo this is quite pricey for 8g of product. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this product for fairer skin tones as well when applied with a light hand. The packaging is cute but could be improved. The brush that comes with it is handy for travelling and is soft enough for blending but not for actually applying the bronzer to the face. I love that the colour of it is just right and generally universal, I can see why several beauty gurus on youtube rave about this, it's just so amazing! Definitely do not regret purchasing this! My new favourite bronzer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

gave in to the cute packaging and all the raving about this product. i have fair skin and i love this. this is suitable for light to medium skin tones - for fair skinned people, i recommend you use a lighter hand when first applying this bronzer, and layer it up to the desired intensity. i don't find this too dark for my skin, and i like to use it around the perimeter of my face for a nice sun-kissed glow, and slightly contour my cheek bones with it with a heavier hand.

expensive product but good quality and the amount of product you get is well worth it (i've had this for a year, this is my only bronzer and there is still hardly a dent in it).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaThomson

I really like this bronzer, however I have fair skin so it is slightly too sark for my skin tone. If I use a very small amount it doesn't look too dark and I like the colour. My main reason for liking this is because it is matte, would highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I like this bronzer, but it does have it's faults. I love the colour, and the lack of shimmer - it works great to contour or bronze my face, I love how smooth and creamy the powder feels, and I love the colour for my face. I do find that at times, when applying heavily, it can become patchy looking, and I really don't care for the flip up lid on the box. Who's idea was boxed powder anyway? I'll buy this powder again for my collection once I run out (I've hit pan), but I know it's not perfect - I just haven't found something better. For reference, I'm about a NC20 in MAC during the winter and a NC30-35 in the summer, and I can use this bronzer year round to bronze and to contour.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by misscocochaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had Benefit's Hoola bronzer for close to two years now. This bronzer was expensive! but of course it's a high end bronzer. Anyway I'm already tan as it is so Hoola didn't give me much color unless i really packed it on my face and by then It just looked dirty and caked on but if i used less it would not show up on my skin after foundation. I really do like that it's matte because I'm not a fan of bronzers with shimmer. I feel like they accentuate my flaws. I don't have baby smooth skin ya know...well at least not anymore. Hoola works well as a crease color on my eyelids though so for that reason I still have it. I also had NYC Sunny bronzer as well a while back and used that more than I used Hoola because NYC showed up better on my skin. I think Hoola is best suited for lighter skin beauties than for us lovely tanned babes.
Cost=$28
Packaging= I have the older version. Pull the square lid off. no mirror. I actually like it this way.
Ingredients= talc,iron oxides,zinc stearate,ethylhexyl,palmitate,titanium dioxide,dimethicone,manganese violet,methylparaben,sodium dehydroacetate,boron nitride,propylparaben,butylparaben.
I would not purchase this bronzer again just because there are other low end bronzers that will do the same thing. Like I said I liked NYC Sunny better at the time. No breakouts from Hoola bronzer and it does not smell like it has any fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this bronzer compared to some because it has no glitter or orangey tint. I use it to darken my foundation when I have tanned and my foundation is too light.
My only complaints with this bronzer is that I sometimes have trouble getting it to look smooth and avoid blotches when I brush it on, and that wearing it on top of foundation (MAC Pro Longwear NW25/30) can make me feel like I just have TONS of layers of makeup on... I think most of the problem with this is that my foundation is feeling too heavy to begin with. I am going to start looking into new foundations and see how I like this product.

For a bronzer this doesn't cause me any problems (oranginess) like other bronzers I have tried. I will probably try something different next time if I can find something at Sephora, because I am not in love with this product... but overall it seems to work well and do its job!

UPDATE: I switched my foundation to LancĂ´me Teint Idole Ultra 24hr Foundation and it is amazing coverage but MUCH lighter feeling than MAC Pro Longwear, as well as finally having a perfect color match! I NOW feel that the Hoola bronzer is light and comfortable on my skin, with no issues of color or "melting" anymore.