December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

As soon as it dries, it starts flaking.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Katniss555

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this eyeliner in efforts to save money since I usually buy the Lancome Artliner ($29). It was such a waste of $9. It flakes on me, the felt tip is nowhere as good quality as the artliner and it is thicker too. I will not be purchasing this again. Do yourself a favor and get the real thing if you can afford it and it's soooo much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by salcedju

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is just an okay liner. I really don't understand all the hype. The only pro I have found is that it can be quite dark and a little glossy ( glossy is not a pro for everyone). Oh yeah, and it can be pretty cheap, especially if you find it on sale at Osco. The tip is decent, thin so it's easy to manage. I have had liquid eyeliners with better more precise tips. My frustration is that I have to constantly go over it to achieve the intense black look. In doing so, parts of the liner flake off if it has dried already. So I find that I have to work fast and layer multiple times to make it work for me. Next time I buy a drugstore liquid eyeliner it will probably not be this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Eyeliner has always been the problem child for me. When I first got into makeup I practiced like 5x a night, applying then removing, then applying again, to get it down. I wish I'd discovered this liner back when I was learning! It is so incredibly easy to use. Just draw it on, like a pen! The color is intensely black, which I love. I find it dries very quickly. Also it doesn't smear around on me, it stays where I put it until I wash my makeup off at the end of the day, and then it comes off very easily.

I guess really the only con of this product for me is that I have to redip once per eye. The felt tip tends to go dry about halfway down the eye and I need more product. Other than that, it's perfect, I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I have been using this for years, since High School. I have gone through numerous tubes and tried other liquid liners and none was as easy to apply as this one. It gave a decent solid black line that was good for neutral or dramatic looks. The only down side is that it would not be very good if you were going to a wedding or any gathering that might involved water because it will come over very easily with water. Its my go to for daily use because its cheap and affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by baggravation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what everyone is saying about the easy to use brush, I find it quite difficult. If you've been an avid brush user, I think you'll find the felt tip liner quite annoying to use. The way the brush is designed, you can't place it on its side to create a beautiful straight line. It comes out way to thick. I think this brush takes a while to use if you want to create a very thin line. With my eye shape, you want to make sure the liner is very close to the lashline and not thick at all. I am unable to do so with this liner. Also, the name is a bit contradicting because it is not very black. When it dries on your eye, its not matte. It gives quite a sheen which may be a plus for some but I felt as though it looked quite plastic. Also, if you make a line and you want to go over, you must wait till the previous line dries or else the felt tip brush will soak up what you already have on your lid and you'll have no line at all or a very streaky line (refer to the pictures of the word HI written on the hand. Notice the HI's near the thumb. That's how the liner comes out; very streaky). Overall, not my cup of tea. I'd rather go back to a brush tip liner or gel liner. PS - I am a beginner in makeup and I still find brush tip and gel easier to use. If you plan on buying a gel liner I would suggest getting an angled or slated brush. That's what I used as a beginner. You may also find a very thin liner brush or even a thin lip brush easier. PSS - Also forgot to mention that this liner is extremely easy to remove. All you need is water and it's pretty much off. No need to rub at all. This is a pro and a con. Pro because it's easy to take off at the end of the day. Con because where I live it rains a lot so it's not very practical (but I wouldn't wear this liner anyways, for reasons mentioned above).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the tip; it makes for an easy application. Black does appear shiny but I put a matte black eyehadow on top! Dries fast and the tip allows you to build up to whatever thickness you want. Def will repurchase! :)

Edit: lowered rating To a "3" because I realized with this liner, it did feather throughout the day, even After I set with a black eyeshadow. A great liner that I've discovered is maybelline stiletto liner!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wished this eyeliner was darker, the black is not dark enough. this does smudge and i get all those flakes throughout the day, i don't think this has staying power at all because when i run my fingers through my lids most of the product disappeared! what i like about this is that it's easy to use and the amount of product that you need on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I don't understand the hype around this product. I've been a long time user of almay 16 hour eye liner and after hearing such great reviews about the l'oreal eye liner, I decided to give it a try. I could see how people can like this as its very easy to use but for me, it just didn't do the job. The color isn't as black as the almay one and it also tended to clump and flake during the day. I also prefer brush over felt tip because I feel that the product lasts longer. Felt tip eye liners tend to dry out faster in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

After using liquid liner almost every day for the past two or three years, it's really hard to believe that at one point I wasn't good at using it. Everyone starts somewhere, right? Well, this is the liquid liner that I started with, and I haven't been able to use another one since. This is a dark, inky, intense liner with an easy-to-use felt tip that allows for true precision. The tip allows for a really thin line, or you can easily paint on a thicker line. Practice makes perfect, and liquid liner is as much product quality as it is user experience. So once I got the hang of it, I fell in love. Dries quickly and stays put all day, even through sweating and allergy season. I've found that sometimes the finish of this is a bit shiny for the look I'm doing, so I'll simply pat some black matte eyeshadow over it and I'm good to go. Solid product, have repurchased over and over and I always panic when it's out of stock in the store. HG status for me!