October 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I have been using this for years, since High School. I have gone through numerous tubes and tried other liquid liners and none was as easy to apply as this one. It gave a decent solid black line that was good for neutral or dramatic looks. The only down side is that it would not be very good if you were going to a wedding or any gathering that might involved water because it will come over very easily with water. Its my go to for daily use because its cheap and affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by baggravation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what everyone is saying about the easy to use brush, I find it quite difficult. If you've been an avid brush user, I think you'll find the felt tip liner quite annoying to use. The way the brush is designed, you can't place it on its side to create a beautiful straight line. It comes out way to thick. I think this brush takes a while to use if you want to create a very thin line. With my eye shape, you want to make sure the liner is very close to the lashline and not thick at all. I am unable to do so with this liner. Also, the name is a bit contradicting because it is not very black. When it dries on your eye, its not matte. It gives quite a sheen which may be a plus for some but I felt as though it looked quite plastic. Also, if you make a line and you want to go over, you must wait till the previous line dries or else the felt tip brush will soak up what you already have on your lid and you'll have no line at all or a very streaky line (refer to the pictures of the word HI written on the hand. Notice the HI's near the thumb. That's how the liner comes out; very streaky). Overall, not my cup of tea. I'd rather go back to a brush tip liner or gel liner. PS - I am a beginner in makeup and I still find brush tip and gel easier to use. If you plan on buying a gel liner I would suggest getting an angled or slated brush. That's what I used as a beginner. You may also find a very thin liner brush or even a thin lip brush easier. PSS - Also forgot to mention that this liner is extremely easy to remove. All you need is water and it's pretty much off. No need to rub at all. This is a pro and a con. Pro because it's easy to take off at the end of the day. Con because where I live it rains a lot so it's not very practical (but I wouldn't wear this liner anyways, for reasons mentioned above).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the tip; it makes for an easy application. Black does appear shiny but I put a matte black eyehadow on top! Dries fast and the tip allows you to build up to whatever thickness you want. Def will repurchase! :)

Edit: lowered rating To a "3" because I realized with this liner, it did feather throughout the day, even After I set with a black eyeshadow. A great liner that I've discovered is maybelline stiletto liner!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i wished this eyeliner was darker, the black is not dark enough. this does smudge and i get all those flakes throughout the day, i don't think this has staying power at all because when i run my fingers through my lids most of the product disappeared! what i like about this is that it's easy to use and the amount of product that you need on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I don't understand the hype around this product. I've been a long time user of almay 16 hour eye liner and after hearing such great reviews about the l'oreal eye liner, I decided to give it a try. I could see how people can like this as its very easy to use but for me, it just didn't do the job. The color isn't as black as the almay one and it also tended to clump and flake during the day. I also prefer brush over felt tip because I feel that the product lasts longer. Felt tip eye liners tend to dry out faster in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

After using liquid liner almost every day for the past two or three years, it's really hard to believe that at one point I wasn't good at using it. Everyone starts somewhere, right? Well, this is the liquid liner that I started with, and I haven't been able to use another one since. This is a dark, inky, intense liner with an easy-to-use felt tip that allows for true precision. The tip allows for a really thin line, or you can easily paint on a thicker line. Practice makes perfect, and liquid liner is as much product quality as it is user experience. So once I got the hang of it, I fell in love. Dries quickly and stays put all day, even through sweating and allergy season. I've found that sometimes the finish of this is a bit shiny for the look I'm doing, so I'll simply pat some black matte eyeshadow over it and I'm good to go. Solid product, have repurchased over and over and I always panic when it's out of stock in the store. HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by pathetique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have struggled in the past with applying any kind of eyeliner to my upper lash line. I have tried a large array of crayons, pencils, and gels. I tried this and my first try I had a lining that I was satisfied with!!! I was so happy! I'm finally able to achieve the cool cat eye look without it smearing everywhere and me looking like a PANDA. Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by jujuritinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great liquid eyeliner!!!
SUPER super black, easy to apply in multiple ways and lasts all day...!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by fkngabi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good, affordable drugstore eyeliner. I'm really bad at applying eyeliner to my top lash line, but since this has a felt tip applicator it makes it so much easier to control. I get the perfect cat eye look when using this. It's also very pigmented and you get a nice shiny black color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by KMSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good, affordable product. I find it very similar to Lancome's Artliner, but obviously a lot less expensive! Really easy to use, takes 2 seconds to apply. Only crticism is the colour range - I'm blonde, so would ideally like a brown.