L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyesters-5, Alcohol Denat., Trilaureth 4 Phosphate, Acacia (Acacia Senegal Gum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): D&C Black No. 2 (CI 77266).

on 5/28/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Liquid-y and flaky, my first impression. This product is by no means water proof or even smudge proof, if you do anything more than lightly touch it after it dries it will be messed up. I don't really care for this product as eyeliner, it looks rather unnatural on (very shiny), but I have had success in using it on my eyelashes. It's great for darkening your lashes and can even help your lashes curl. Oddly enough it has helped my eyelashes grow longer, I even had to trim some of my bottom lashes because they were so long.

on 5/26/2011 5:14:00 AM

Pretty good liquid eyeliner. It's dark and pigmented. I can draw a really thin line with it. It's easy to use. The only problem I have with it is that it seems to dry out quickly. Other than that great eyeliner. It doesn't smudge.

on 5/17/2011 7:36:00 PM

I've used Dior and Benefit's liquid eye liner (both are pretty much the same formula) and those last ALL DAY, even through a sweaty concert. However, they're pricey so I tried L'oreal's after hearing great things. The quality is definitely lacking in comparison to Dior and Benefit because I need to put at least 2 coats on for it to stay on for at least a few hours. All night...? It fades a bit :(

on 5/17/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this liner and find it easy to use. I usually use various kinds of brushes with a gel liner. This is my first liquid. Its very very black and lasts all day. I would say its semi-waterproof too b/c you need soap and water and quite a bit of gentle rubbing to get it off....so its not like it just rinses off w/o effort (this is a good thing to me). I've read several negative reviews here and wonder if we are talking about the same product! It is not watery, streaky, and sheer. Perhaps L'oreal has recently improved the formula.

I have asian eyes and could never figure out why that would cause eyeliner and mascara to leak and smudge leaving me with raccoon eyes. I've had no luck with waterproof pencil eyeliner so I turned to liquid eyeliner. The felt tip could be more precise because after using this for a year I still need to make corrections. It doesn't smudge at all and it looks very intense. It's great for the weekends but might be a little too much for everyday wear.

on 5/6/2011 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am really displeased with this product! It takes forever to dry and it takes me about 3 coats before it looks like its a rich dark black. I find that it doesn't last that long and starts to flake off on me after about 5 hours of wear. I wouldn't repurchase this nor would I recommend this to anyone. It has to be the worst liquid eyeliner I have tried in a long time.

on 5/1/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I don't know what it is about this eyeliner and me.. maybe it's just my oily eyelids (but my friend that also has oily eyelids loves this product...), but the consistency is SO watery. Like it applies streakily with gaps because it's so watery (even when I shake it furiously).. Also don't like the shiny finish it gives. Thought I'd gotten a bad batch but I bought this two other times hoping it would work for me, but it didn't. Gave it to my friend after it didn't work for me and it worked great for her, so I guess it's just me...

As soon as it dries, it starts flaking.

on 4/19/2011 1:47:00 PM

I tried this eyeliner in efforts to save money since I usually buy the Lancome Artliner ($29). It was such a waste of $9. It flakes on me, the felt tip is nowhere as good quality as the artliner and it is thicker too. I will not be purchasing this again. Do yourself a favor and get the real thing if you can afford it and it's soooo much better!

on 4/12/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is just an okay liner. I really don't understand all the hype. The only pro I have found is that it can be quite dark and a little glossy ( glossy is not a pro for everyone). Oh yeah, and it can be pretty cheap, especially if you find it on sale at Osco. The tip is decent, thin so it's easy to manage. I have had liquid eyeliners with better more precise tips. My frustration is that I have to constantly go over it to achieve the intense black look. In doing so, parts of the liner flake off if it has dried already. So I find that I have to work fast and layer multiple times to make it work for me. Next time I buy a drugstore liquid eyeliner it will probably not be this one.