January 28, 2015 | 911 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mrgee

I really enjoyed this product for the first couple weeks of use. It has a lovely, fresh citrus smell, and my combination skin felt very clean after using it. However, after a couple weeks of use, my skin became extremely dry, and then caused a painful breakout on my cheeks, which is quite rare for me. I don't generally have sensitive skin, but my best guess to the cause of the breakout is that something in this scrub irritated my face. Plus, now that I've been back to using my old Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser for the past couple weeks, the redness and dryness has all but disappeared. I think the only person that this cleanser would benefit is someone with very oily, non-sensitive skin, and even then, I doubt I'd recommend it. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though it's a scrub, it's not too rough to use everyday. I use it just about every night right before I apply my Differin gel, and it feels great on my skin. Makes my face feel very soft, the grains get rid of any dead skin, and it doesn't dry out the skin. The smell is awesome, too! A little goes a long way with this scrub; you just need to apply a dime-size amount and add some water and that should be enough for your whole face. I definitely recommend this to anyone, not just acne-prone faces.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hollinsgirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think I'll use this product ever again. I initially bought it because it smelled fantastic and I'd heard that it worked really well. However, after using it 3 times, I got a really red & itchy rash around my mouth and chin. My skin is VERY sensitive, and I think the grapefruit extract/frangrance in this product set off the reaction. On the other hand, I started using the pink grapefruit Body Clear Body Wash at the same time, and I have yet to find anything wrong with it. I'm continuing to use the body wash, but I'm stopping with the facial scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Sarahlynne94

This has been my favorite face wash that I have ever used. I don't have acne-prone skin, I only get acne when I'm on my period. So this product it really good for just maintaining a clean face, which is all my skin needs. Another great thing about it that I love is it gets rid of any makeup or oil that is left over on your face really well. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone with skin similar to mine :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by courtisaurus

I've been looking for a facial scrub that would do the job. I get really bad whiteheads and I thought this would do the trick. The first use I got excited. After I washed the scrub off my face felt smooth and nice! But I noticed a little stiffness after a few hours. I didn't pay much attention to it. So, I used it the next day and by the end of the 2nd day, my skin had started to dry out. I thought it was my other products so I stopped using those. On the 3rd day of use, my face was so dry, it hurt to touch it. Normally, my skin is oily. Now, my chin, around my nose, and my forehead is in pain and its flaking. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody, even for people with oily skin and I'm not rebuying.. or using it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

This actually made me break out even more....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Jennta

I bought this product after seeing that it won multiple Allure magazine awards. I'm in my thirties and only now am beginning to get a little bit of acne. My sensitive/combination skin makes it difficult to find products that will both effectively do their job and not irritate. First off, this "scrub" didn't feel like a scrub at all, and failed to exfoliate. Second, it was slightly drying on my cheeks, while my t-zone remained greasy and blemished. Not terribly impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

When I first started using this product it worked well, but after a couple of days it started irritating my skin, well around the NOSE area! It was bad makeup wouldn't even cover it,. People would notice it! It was badddddd! Surely wouldn't buy or use this irritant again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this scrub, it's not moisterising at all it's actually on the drying side. It's actually been better at reducing redness than reducing acne.
I will buy this product again. It's probably my favorite drugstore scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got clog pores on my chin area after using this.. it was terrible.. anyone with sensitive skin prone to acne dont use this..i have combination skin and my chin area is always very sensitive and i break out easily.. i will never use it again. if i can give 0 lippies i'll give it to this product ..