October 25, 2014 | 1378 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a little disappointed by this foundation. First of all, as soon as you enter Sephora, you get harassed by a MUFE sales lady and she always RAVES about this foundation. So i let her put it on my face. Wasn't too convinced, but bought it anyway (yeah, i know, not super-smart)
Although the texture is nice and the coverage decent (medium) my skin is oily on the T-zone and after 1-2 hours my face looks like a glazed doughnut!! Awful! I wear a primer, a liquid foundation and a setting powder, i don't know what else i can do!!! Anyway, i won't re-purchase. I hear ELF has an amazing new foundation for acne (i have occasional breakouts) for 6$, i think i will give it a try. As for this foundation, one word: OVERRATED!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I was really impressed with this. There's a million shades and it's somewhat difficult to pick them out online, but I ended up with N120 and it was perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. This is so illuminating and perfecting to the skin. I felt absolutely gorgeous in this. It's a medium coverage that could probably be built up to full. I do wish it had SPF, but get why it doesn't but I do love that it has a pump. I will update on wear time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product looked beautiful for the first hour after application. The colour match was perfect (117 "Marble" for NC20 skin) and the finish looked great.

Unfortunately the wear was horrible; this foundation appeared to sit on top of my normal/oily-ish skin no matter the application or setting powders. I could see it separating from my skin and leaving oily residue...yuck. This is the only foundation I've ever used to wear off in large patches throughout the day. In addition, it also broke me out in small closed comedones ~1 week after adding it to my routine (while I was 100% clear skinned before).

Reading previous reviews make me think a silicon primer would improve the wear but unfortunately 'cones don't play nice on my skin.

2 lippies for the finish and colour match, however, this just wasn't right for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this is a really good foundation. I aplly with a stippling brush. It truly is invisible!! I do not use this on my nose though since it is oily, I use a very matte foundation and a whole bunch of oil controlling things there. If you wanna see my oil control routine, go check out my baby powder review! Anyways, this foundation on my normal skin areas lasts all day, and does not get oily or slide around or cake up or anything! Also, this is silicone based so use a silicone based primer. You will see better results.:) it looks super natural and makes your skin look healthy. OH also, the coverage is great for hideing dark acne scars.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by IRox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I took this on holiday with me for I knew i`d be in humid,warm weather. I took to the pool with confidence. It`s a must have if you`re in a heated environment. If you want long lasting foundation then this is the one to have. My skin is very sensitive and it did break out a little. I would love it if MUFE would invent a foundation or concealer that`s kind to sensitive/spot prone skin. All in all a massive 5 out of 5!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jjquan

This is my HG! I know that it's a little more expensive, but I find myself always coming back to this one. It doesn't budge, it doesn't make me break out and it stays put all day long! This is a medium to full coverage foundation. I find, for myself, I need set it with powder - only because I have combination to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My other HG foundation with Kate Von D tatoo foundation. I reaaaaaaally love it. It's my skin, but...better! Really light on the face, medium coverage when used with hands or light coverage with a beauty blender. I love to apply it with my fingers for a night out for a more heavy coverage, or with my beauty blender for a airbrushed look.

For work, what I do is that I use 2 pumps with half a pump of Kate Von D foundation and blend it with a beauty blender. I get the perfect color and the perfect coverage without being TOO much.

I put on my primer, then this foundation, then Elf HD setting powder and ta-daaa! Flawless look :)

I'll definitively repurchase. I only wish it lasted longer for the price, because I find it quite expensive!

Edited: Just a note, I wish that this had a better lasting power :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by gottsteph

It's ok. I like my foundation to cover my acne scars and it did ok. Probably won't be repurchasing it (too expensive) I rather use my Mac Pro long and Estée Lauder double wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I had always wanted to try this foundation after all of the youtube hype, rave reviews and general curiousity. I finally got around to trying this and this didn't act very glorious in my opinion. I usually have normal/oily skin in the summer months and during the winter I can go almost borderline dry so I usually go for something with more of a natural finish or glowy finish rather than the mattes like Revlon's colorstay I use during the summer. I tried this for over two weeks and it didn't work the way I wanted to. On initial application my reaction was more like "I've put on foundation and my skin tone is even", rather than "My skin is looking really good with this on", which I have experienced with many other MUCH foundations before. For example, true match lumi (although not great in staying power), Revlon colorstay, Covergirl 3 in 1. After about 4 hours I noticed noticeable fading, some scars were starting to come through and (I have never had this happen before with ANY foundation I've tried) it started to break up along the side of the nose area and looked like a caked up mess, and I know the days when I put on a lot of fdn and this wasn't one of them. I hate seeing people with that on their face and now I was one of them?? NUH UH LAST STRAW HD FOUNDATION. So I won't be purchasing it (I only got about 2 weeks worth of a sample)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lanaqashani

after reading the rave reviews of this product on the sephora website, I ran out and bought the whole collection (primer, foundation, kabuki brush and finishing powder) and I have to say I was disappointed. Firstly it was way too expensive for what it is and secondly it doesnt stay on well! I have 2 young children so I dont have time to keep touching up my makeup so I was looking for something that would stay on for at least a few hours. too expensive and too much effort applying primer foundation powder for something that doesnt last. im sure i could find a much better product for less. the reason I gave it 3 is that its a good match for my skin and looks nice for the short time it lasts.