April 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by andreanicoleg

AMAZING.

Makes my strawlike hair lie flat instead of standing up in all directions. Silky smooth hair with the first application. EEEE. Couldn't be happier. Totally worth the $40.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by carlyhayward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Morrocan oil now for just over a year and have to say I will continue to re-purchase and re-purchase this product as it runs out. I have long, thick, coarse, wavy hair that needed something to smooth it out. I tried BioSilk and Argan Oil and both no matter how little I used made my hair looked so greasy! With Morrocan Oil if you put in too much you will notice that it will make your hair look greasy, I use a dime size portion everytime I get out of the shower into my wet hair. I've found using it while your hair is damp or wet gives better results. After drying taking a couple drops and smoothin them over your hair will fix any little frizzies that got away. I have no quarrels with the price as, yes it is expensive, but it lasts for so long! I only just bought my 2nd bottle in over a year! Also I have switched to the Light version as I have blonde hair, which i would recommend to anyone with lighter hair. All together, I love this product!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by BreeBee

I first started using Moroccanoil initially for the scent, smells realllly good and it did make my hair look softer and a bit shinier (I don't really have dull hair so i didn't see too much of a difference). I began noticing that my split ends were not as noticeable as they were before, so that was nice, but the original formula is a little heavy on my fine hair so I opted for the Moroccanoil Light Treatment instead. It smells just as good as the original and does the same thing, its just a lighter consistency. I don't think its a miracle worker like some say but it does make your hair look more together and smell really nice. I don't use it as often anymore though b/c of the silicones, but when i feel like my hair needs it, like the colder months, i use it to soften up brittle ends and protect from environmental factors. Its a decent product but the price is absurd, hence the reason why I took away a lippy. I like it but i think it may work better for those with thicker hair..I have a travel size bottle of moroccanoil light and if it runs out I'd probably repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My aunt bought me this, so I can't comment as to the price. However, I've pretty much trashed my hair with all the bleaching and coloring I've done to it (gone from black to yellow to red to light brown with highlights) so if you add up the cost of doing all that, the price is well worth it (and I will be buying a bottle of my own). I won't say that this has made my hair feel reborn. What it HAS done is made it less dry, more shiny, and less ragged-looking. I use it in combination with the shampoo and conditioner, and my hair actually looks remotely healthy rather than the frazzled mess it was before I hacked half of it off (from below my shoulders to my chin) and had it freak out and get monstrously puffy. I can run it through my hair as it dries and have pretty waves without any frizz. Next day hair still looks great and I put more on my ends to keep them from splitting. I am fully confident that this will have my hair in the best shape possible for its condition as I grow it back out. A+!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I purchased the small travel bottle to try out and see what the hype was all about and right away I noticed it made a difference to my hair in a way that Biosilk or Redken's Glass did not. My hair was soft and I kept running my fingers through my hair. Normally that would be somewhat painful as my hair gets knotted easily with even the smallest gust of wind.
The small bottle lasted a long time and when it was done, I was convinced Argan oil made all the difference. So I decided to purchase 100% pure Argan oil, with none of the cones. Was that ever a mistake. I tried it a few times, trying to adjust my technique...try a little less, a lot less, a lot more, a little more, damp hair, dry hair, emulsify the oil first, put it it directly...it just was not the same.
I know it has the much maligned silicones, but the product works for my hair, leaving it silky and very manageable.
**Update:
I have tried olive oil and coconut oil treatments, but figured they were fading my colour treated hair. I thought this was different and really wanted to love it, because it does may my hair soft and silky, but if fades my colour. I tried applying it only on the ends, thinking it was just aggressive grey hair on the roots, but then noticed my hair starting to get lighter on the ends, kind of the ombre look, which looked bad. I am really disappointed,because it is a good product, and the hair does feel silky and I don't have that Pig-Pen hair,with fly aways all over the place, but it strips my colour, so this is is not for me. If you have coloured hair, be aware it might fade it a lot faster.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by raroux

Absolutely love this product. It smells yummy, and makes my hair insanely soft afterwards. Use on damp hair but only a TINY drop. Believe the hype. It's a miracle product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by tiffaniea

Amazing product. Especially that I have curly hair. It makes my hair so soft and easy to blow dry. Better to use on damp hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sweettmaidenn

Excellent product. I use the LIGHT version on my fine, dark blonde hair. It helps smooth it out and reduces knots, tangles and frizz. I don't even blow dry! (except if I want a very smooth look).

Best product I have tried to date. Sometimes I set with some shine spray, and I am done. I won't try anything else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Lucky me, my Mom is licensed and we visited several shops that cater to licensed professionals. Picked this up as I simply couldn't resist due to the fact that she gets a nice discount. Will return in 2 weeks with review. I don't dislike this product, I just don't get better results than any other shine inducing hair product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I looked at the ingredient list, and I'm quite disappointed:
-------
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed Extract (Linum Usitatissimum), Fragrance (Supplement), D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone
------
Argan oil is only the fifth ingredient, and the ones before that are silicones and a fragrance. No need for this to be expensive, I would say.
I tried it once - from a friend - and could feel the silicone-y texture. Of course it did make my hair look soft and shiny - silicones have that 'power'. But I would rather not load on the silicones anymore, since I notice my hair is doing way better without them. I do know some people with extremely coarse hair who love silicones. It just doesn't work for my 'normal' hair (I have fine hair, but a lot of it. It's also pretty long). Still, if it's the silicones you're after, you can find them in any drugstore serum for way cheaper.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No