September 1, 2014 | 1922 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this hair oil!, I'm on my third bottle. I love the new pump version, it really controls how much you are using. It's amazing applied on wet or dry hair. My thick coarse wavy hair just soaks it up, and afterwards its soft and shiny and way less frizzy! The smell is nice, it doesn't linger on which is fine with me, I prefer my perfumes to smell and not my hair etc. Overall, i will continue to buy this as it's the best hair oil/serum I have ever used, and I've used them all. I apply it on my damp hair after I've washed it and then again when it's dry to smooth it down. I reapply daily when I'm styling and in between washings. It amazing. I highly recommend.
19/06/12 EDIT - I had to knock this down to 3 lippies. The smell really started to irritate me and I actually found the oil wasn't really moisturizing my hair, just kinda sitting on top. So I don't buy it anymore and have found some better ones out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by LittleAsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff. I dye my hair a fairly bright red, and i can safely say this is the only product which leaves my hair feeling soft and manageable.

I love that it now comes with a pump lid, so application is so easy, compared to what it was before. I wasted so much by forgetting how quickly the product ran out of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hair product ever. My long hair was feeling miserably dry no matter what I did to help it so my hairdresser friend recommended this stuff. It was pricey for a tiny 25ml bottle but my god the difference, even after the first application my hair texture changed and now after a few weeks it looks fantastic. Really a dream product and the smell is divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Ally18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best hair product I have ever purchased. It is expensive but a little goes a long way and I know I will have it at least a year if not more so I think its worth it. It reduces frizz adds shine and makes my hair feel stronger when I use this I also feel it make any split ends I have much less noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by fifilane11996

i love moroccanoil products. my hair is mid-back length, very dry, frizzy, wavy, and fine, and this product totally worked to cure all of my hair problems! i never use heat on my hair at all, so letting it air dry can sometimes lead to frizz, and dullness. when i used morrocanoil oil treatment together with the hydrating styling cream from moroccanoil, my hair always looks perfect air dried. it is naturally wavy, and this product really defines my waves. it smells like heaven, and makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny. all my friends touch my hair and tell me how soft it feels. Morocanoil is very expensive, but with these results, i think it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I heard about this years ago before it or argan oil in general got really popular and I figured it was like any other hair serum. Well I still think it is like most hair serums but it still is quite nice. I like the scent and how it does help your hair feel smoother which can ultimately make you think it is healthier or it may actually prevent it from breaking because of the layer of lubrication on your hair...not sure. I personally don't think of it as a treatment and don't expect any miracles. I simply use it as a hair serum after I wash it and it does help the texture feel nicer when it dries. It does not have much argan oil in it, as most argan oil treatments don't, so I probably will just purchase more pure argan oil and use that (I have a small sample of the Josie Maran one and like that more). I don't care for the ingredients in this product but it is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bottle of golden liquid. Both in the sense of the colour and in the sense of the price! The first two ingredients are silicones :/ I just have no idea why this is so pricey, yes it has argan oil in it, but the rest of the ingredients don't look special to me at all. It smells interesting, kinda like aftershave and herbs? I quite like it :)

So I followed the instructions and the only difference I noticed was that my hair seems to turn out more curly than it already is and it was soft, but my hair is normally soft. Apart from that I didn't notice anything :/

I don't feel like this moisturised my hair or anything - remember, it contains *silicones*. I try to stay away from using silicones in my hair. My hair is normally soft so I guess I didn't find there were any softening properties that this may have.

Packaging wise, I find the pump it comes with to be dodgy, it only dispenses product when it wants to and I do make sure it's twisted to 'open'. Also a glass bottle... I am so terrified that this is going to fall and smash or something, it's not practical in my eyes.

I wouldn't buy it again simply because I don't think the results are that spectacular for the price. I also have a LOT of hair so it's not like I can just use one pump on my hair, I need a lot to coat my hair and at that price it's just not economical. I'm kinda sorry I fell for the hype :/

So - a lippie off each for the price, the packaging and (in my eyes) pointlessness of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Dominique428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

YES its a great product...BUT ORGANIX makes the same thing WITH THE SAME INGREDIENTS. I got mine at a local grocery store for $5.99! The marketing for this brand is a total scam! Do your self a favor and save money. I've tried both products and they have both worked the same for me. Don't believe me?? Go look at the reviews for ORGANIX Moroccan oil....same ingredients

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll admit, I didn't want to like this product. It was plastered in every magazine and everyone talked about it. I thought it was more marketing than the product being spectacular.
I recently bleached my black hair to very light, so it was extremely damaged. My stylist gave me a little sample to use. I waited until I finished that to write a fair review.
My hair didn't feel as damaged or brittle as you would expect seriously bleached hair would. It was as soft as it was before I bleached it. After I dyed my hair again I skipped using this and my hair felt like straw.
This serum felt different in my hands and on my hair. It soaked in. I know there are cones in it but it didn't have that slick feeling most serums do. I purchased other serums with identical ingredients (I have no idea how much of each ingredient) and they just sat on my hair, not soaking in or moisturizing.
I use this on dry and wet hair. It helps with frizz, shine, bounce and softness. It is pricey but it lasts a really long time so it's worth it. I don't like the glass bottle though, I saw my stylist had a pump for her bottle so I will purchase one as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the same bottle since October 2009, but sometimes I just use it 1 x week. My bottle cost around $30 from the salon. The stylist always uses this on me whether I'm going for straight or wavy.
My hair is naturally on the wavy side, and I got lazy about straightening it a while back, so I just work with the curl now. The less I have to do to my hair, the better. My hair is very coarse, and it's past my shoulders.
On to the product: I've had trouble with the lid not wanting to screw on well, and sometimes I worried I'd drop the thick glass bottle on my tile floor, but so far so good.
I use about a nickel size amount in towel-dried hair. I think it makes my hair dry faster, helps with smoothing, softening, and detangling. What else can I really say about it? I love the smell.
To me, it smells just like a drugstore perfume I used to wear and love when I was a teen, called Verve, the pink one. Man I loved that stuff, and this is the first time I've smelled that scent again in all these years. Wish they would sell just the scent of Moroccanoil and I would buy that for sure :)
Anyway, I probably won't repurchase once I finally use this up. Maybe if I were into straightening my hair, but now I rarely do that. Instead, I can just use a little evoo or other oil through my hair and am happy with the results.