September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cloth gave me such amazing, soft skin at first. Everyone else has talked about its great points, but here are a few issues I came across: after using it daily, the skin on my back started breaking out and getting oilier. I never had an issue with body acne before, so it must have been this cloth. Ultimately, I had to stop using it because it started making me INCREDIBLY itchy after I got out of the shower. I thought it was due to soap build-up on the cloth, but nothing changed after I cleaned it. This cloth can be too harsh for daily use and end up stripping too much of your natural oils. I tried to keep mine to use for once in awhile, but if you leave it in the shower without using it, it gets mildewy, so I just chucked it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother has been using this exact product for as long as I can remember, probably at least 30 years. It's so much more readily available now than it was before but from what I can tell, it's still the exact same quality of product as it has always been. No frills, just awesomeness. It costs me about 3USD so make sure you aren't getting ripped off where you buy it as a result of all the hype.
----------
This body scrubber cloth can be a bit harsh if you don't like somewhat scratchy exfoliation but I love it! It's long enough to easily clean your back. Wrap it around your back & pull from side to side (or wiggle yourself from side to side) -- it feels so good to clean the back! But the best part is how it lathers with just a tiny bit of soap. Dampen the cloth, rub it over dry soap 2 or 3 times, put down the soap, then wet the cloth while squeezing it & watch the foaming begin! It extends the life of my bar soap & keeps it from becoming a mushy goopy mess. It works best with bar soap, not that great with gels. If you like bar soap, then this item is a must!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Virginian

I have managed to turn most of my friends into Salux addicts.
Everyone has soft and smooth skin, and can save money by avoiding all the weird scrubs that are currently popular.
I am convinced it cuts down on household dust as well - all my dry skin ends up down the drain instead of on my tv screen!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by pf3855

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After hearing about Salux Cloths here on MUA I decided to give them a whirl. I ordered them from Salux and they got shipped immediately so I had them within 4 days of ordering! Enough about customer service tho, let's get to the review. I LOVE these cloths. I love that they are coarse enough to help with ingrown hairs on the back of my thighs and just a little shower gel on the cloth makes enough lather for an entire shower! I love the size, oh the size!! I love that I can scrub my back with this cloth and get to all the places you couldn't reach with just a scrubbie from The Body Shop or BBW. Use it on your feet to get excellent exfoliation! I even used it very softly on my face and it didn't cause any irriation. Rinse it out at the end of the shower, hang it to dry and it's ready to go for your next shower! I have no idea how long they will last but I imagine quite awhile. I'm a big fan!! Definitely repurchase and planning on giving them as Christmas gifts along with nice shower gels this year!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I sent off for one of these based on all the rave reviews here, and I must say I'm a bit disappointed with it. It's perfectly ok, but nothing amazing. The thing it does well that, for example, the Body Shop mitts don't is exfoliate your back. It's fine, but it didn't knock my socks off like I was hoping it would.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This super rough exfoliating washcloth makes your skin baby soft! I especially love it for scrubbing my feet and I'll never waste money on salt body scrubs or anything like that again; with Salux you can get a really good, deep scrub. This was a great purchase--I'm so glad I stumbled upon it on Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been the best exfoliator ever! It is seriously cheap and in most Asian markets and some grocery stores. I've been using this line of bath towels since I was 15... I have never found anything that works as well as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bodie358

Let me start by saying that the number on the package refers to the color of the cloth - it does not signify anything else; all of the cloths have the same grittiness etc (check the FAQ on the Salux site). Now, on to the cloths themselves. Dirt cheap and available at my local Asian grocery store for less than $3. Best exfoliator ever! Start gentle and work your way up to more vigourous scrubbing. I have been using mine for about a month and those stubborn ingrown hairs on the back of my thighs are almost gone. The rest of my skin is the softest and smoothest it has been in years. Highly recommended.

EDIT: those stubborn blemishes on my back are gone!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

Love these. I have bought several and use them regularly. Excellent for exfoliating and it is so refreshing. It is better than skin brushing. Compact enough for travel. It's easy to use on my back and I have also used it on my face to take the dry skin off. Love it! Very refreshing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this japan made loofa cloth for many many years and my complexion and body feels sooooo soft and clean and smooth, i tossed out all my facial body wash cloths or i use my wash cloths for floor cleaning now, i super love this salux nylon bath cloth is very rough to the skin if your new to using it, but after awhile your skin gets use to it, i have been using this since 1970's and 1980's and on till now, and love this cloth!!! i will never change, this cloth is my life!!! year 2012 update...I still use this washcloth...now the company salux has a more coarser washcloth in a blackish packaging...to me...it makes my skin feel more softer and no irritations to my face and body...I guarantee you all..after awhile you use these nylon washcloth you will get used to them...and will love them forever!! i have been using this allllllll my life and will NEVER NEVER NEVER USE a Washcloth...yucky washcloths...it harbors germs and i dont feel clean after using a ordinary washcloths!!! SALUX IS MY LOVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!