August 29, 2014 | 1914 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. I adore it. A good bit of my adoration comes from the fact that it's a perfect color match for me and pretty sheer coverage, so I can brush it on over problem areas of my face without having to worry about putting on a full mask every day. It's the perfect foundation for someone that needs a little perfecting and has no patience for make up. What's more, it looks better as the day wears on. It melts into my skin and looks very natural - it's so nice to look even better at the end of the day than I did in the morning. This will always be the foundation for me - I don't even want to try any others and I am a serial dater when it comes to most products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have yet to find a powder that I like as well or more than this one.
Over foundation it looks great... not "powdery" at all and it seems to last. This powder with My Lancome teint idole ultra
Has just been a dream for me. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I expected more after reading all the good reviews. Very average powder foundation. It does cover well and can be layered but oil control is poor as well as its staying power. It tends to pool into my pores. Or stay right around them making them look huge and obvious. I am not new to powder foundations and have tried several ways of applying it. Same result!
The color match is pretty good though and doesn't change color on me. I have it in fair (01 VF).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

This powder gives very good coverage and absorbs oil very well. I actually like this product a lot, but unfortunately the color selection is not great. I used Neutral and Deep and both were too pink. I am Asian with strong olive & yellow tones and Clinique doesn't really have those kinds of shades. Neutral was pretty good & Deep was ok when I was tanned, but as soon as I started to get a little darker, I was looking very old-lady-pink.

For about $22, this is a great product. I didn't have any breakouts from this and it wears pretty well & most importantly it doesn't really oxidize too much. I think that ALL powder foundations oxidize somewhat when mixed with your own oils, some are much worse than others (I'm talking to you Studio Fix!!!), but this is really minimal.

I recommend highly if you get a good color match in this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pretty disappointed with Almost Powder Makeup. I prefer compact foundations (powder or cream), that provide light/medium coverage and don't transfer. The reviews on Almost Powder Makeup seemed promising, so I stopped by the Clinique counter at the mall to give it a try. For $25, I was a little skeptical about buying it, but their return policy was forgiving so I went ahead and bought it. It comes in a sleek, green marble compact with a large mirror inside. The puff is better quality than drugstore compacts, but I'd only use it for touchups. I buffed with a kabuki, but my skin still looked powdery and flakey. The coverage is ok, it concealed redness and acne scars fairly well. The staying power is almost non-existant. I applied around 1:00, and by 3:00 it was almost gone. I'd end up reapplying five times a day and going through compact after compact. At $25 a pop, that's not something I can afford.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 2nd one of these and absolutely love it. I am obsessed with finding the best face products for my combo, acne-prone skin with a lot to cover and this is the best powder foundation/pressed powder I have found.

First of all, I am thrilled to have been able to find a great color match as most Clinique face products make me look like an Oompa Loompa. Fair is perfect for my NC15 skintone. I apply using my beloved Too Faced Kabuki brush, and use the enclosed sponge only for touchups on the go. Coverage is light-medium depending on your application method. I get great medium yet natural looking coverage when I use my kabuki brush. This only looks cakey if you really overapply and then whose fault is that? :) I used this successfully when I had combo skin last summer and now with dry skin in the fall/winter as I am now on Accutane. I apply this after using Revlon Colorstay as a concealer to cover red marks and blemishes and it looks great over both bare skin and foundation/concealer. This also never breaks me out and doesn't feel heavy.

The only con is that it does not have any oil-control at all, but I prefer to blot during the day with blot papers and MAC Blot pressed powder since my skin tends to get flaky in spots. I would much rather use Almost Powder and have glowy smooth skin and risk getting oily during the day then start out the day with a mattifying powder that may dry my skin out. I love Almost Powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by skeptiqs

i use this ontop of my city base compact because the city base is a cream... so sometimes it can give a little shine.. so i use it ontop to make it matte.. but not too matte ! this gives you a very natural feel to the skin! it feels really light ! sometimes i forget im wearing makeup and i rub my face .. and amazingly it never rubs off ! it's very affordable ! i gave it a 4 because it does contain talc in its ingredients.. it's kinda a turn-off for sensitive skin like mines.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chacha30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder foundation. Love, love, love. The finish is quite natural: not powdery. Lasting power is good. I would say it's medium coverage. Has spf. What else do I love about it? Even the ugly green Clinique compact makes me happy because of what's in it. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder now. :) I have it in 03 Light Originally when I bought it in June for foundation use, it was just a shade too light, and I couldn't stand it. Not to mention, it has light coverage - but it is a powder, so it's reasonable. I decided to put it away for later use.

Now it's October and this shade pairs amazingly with my MAC Studio Sculpt concealer. The texture is so soft and kind of silky, I love it! I just apply it with a sponge and then buff with a powder brush and it's just enough coverage to look natural for school! :) I have super oily skin and this works really well. It's now been ... about a good 17 hours, and I do not blot throughout the day (I know, how can I stand it!?) and my face just glows, with the exception of my nose - which is shiny. It isn't too bad though. Not sure if I'll repurchase immediately when I run out yet, but I definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by shuzo

Bought this as I wanted a powder that would give fairly light coverage for my dry-combo-spot-prone skin. I always moisturise well before putting any makeup on as I know powder can definitely make it look drier. I usually use mineral makeup but wanted to try a 'normal' powder so I got this in shade 3 I think. It comes with a sponge which is separated from the powder by a little plastic sheet, but I never used this to apply it. I always use a powder brush and keep the sponge with it for top-ups throughout the day as needed. It lasted fairly well all day and the coverage was good too (over concealer for the annoying bits of course) and I think it's a good product. I like trying new products when older ones finish so I'll probably try a different powder product to see if I can find better but this is one I'll remember I can use without much trouble.