November 26, 2014 | 1201 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ErinOgletree

For some background, I have combination skin that leans oily in the summer. I've never had acne but struggle with blackheads and clogged pores in my Tzone
This was the first oil that is specifically designed for the face I ever tried. In the past I have used vitamin E oil at night over particularly dry spots. I've always loved oil based moisturizers because I feel like oil free ones are superficial solutiuons that make dryness worse. I had been interested in using oils but never knew the benefits of using ones actually designed for the face(i.e.. not sticky/greasy) I started using the Josie Maran oil mostly because it was fairly accessible at Sephora and I could buy the smallest size at only $14.
There was an immediate difference in my skin from the first night I used it. It might should corny or dramatic but I had a sort of skin care epiphany. I've never been so pleased with a product or the effect it has had on my skin. I now use this as my exclusive moisturizer- liberally at night and very sparingly in the morning if i feel the need. My skin looks great! It's glowing but not oily and occasional spots occur way less often. A week after i started using it I didn't wear any base except for LM trans. powder and got so many complements. My pores are becoming smaller and tighter. What can I say, I adore this product!
Now that I am officially obsessed with facial oils I will be trying other brands to see how they compare.(Clarins is next on the list) This is a great one for anyone to start with because it's simple, has one ingredient and you can just pop into Sephora to pick it up or order it online.
I have a feeling the price is highly inflated but I haven't had a chance to research which cheaper independent brands are reliable yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by katmendez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've tested a full bottle of JM 100% organic argan oil on my facial skin. below are my pros and cons:

PROS:

- SINGLE INGREDIENT. no harmful chemicals. no fancy formulas. pure. unadulterated.

- LIGHTWEIGHT. can be layered on for dry patches of skin or during winter months OR diluted with a few drops on water for oily patches. light and quickly absorbed.

- ACNE AID. keeps blemishes away by regulating sebum production. especially good for oily/acneic skin.

- GLOW. sinks in quickly and leaves healthy glow.

- FIGHTS HYPERPIGMENTATION. reduced my acne scars with twice-daily use over several months.

- SANITARY. love the dropper, love the glass bottle.

CONS:

- EXPENSIVE. i have moroccan friends who tell me you can get argan oil at ethnic stores for a lot less. harder to find organic though.

- NOT TRAVEL-PROOF. bottle leaks if not perfectly upright. can't take to gym or on travel.

BONUS: argan oil is excellent to soften cuticles and repair dry/damaged hair!

Argan oil used to be my HG oil, but now I prefer sea buckthorn oil. Check it out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sgilber

I avoided aragan oil for a long time simply because I thought it would be one of those over hyped products that doesn't do anything for me. I actually quite like this oil! I am sure it is way over priced but I llike that it is straight up organic aragan oil... no random preservatives or other oils with aragan listed LAST in the ingredients list. I have tried using this in several ways but what I seem to stick with is using it as an eye serum and for my hair. I only bought the small bottle back in Feb. and it is still 3\4ths full with regular use. A couple times a week I replace my eye cream at night with a drop or 2 of this. I will also pat what is leftover onto my cheeks and forehead but avoid my chin as it tends to get oily already and is breakout prone. It does take a while to soak in but feels nice and soothing. I don't find that I am oily in the morning so I know it eventually soaks in which is reassuring! I enjoy that this does not have a scent, natural or otherwise. I do not have very bad wrinkles so I cannot attest to it fixing them but I have found my eyes being less red and puffy after using this and am trying it as a preventative method for crows feet. For my hair I add it to a heat protectant serum or lotion only before I blowdry my hair, as it is supposed to be heat activated in that sense. I use 2 drops and a quaarter of the serum I normally would, blowdry half way then let my hair air dry. My pin straight fine hair is left shiny, voluminous and smooth. Considering how long this has lasted me and the different ways I use it, I will most likely repurchase when I finally run out and think it is worth a shot for anyone on the fence!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

The price on this is waaaaaaaay overinflated, you can get the same thing for much cheaper.

I am reviewing this because this is the first argan oil I have used. I use it as a hair conditioner. I have lots of straight, fine hair that is easily weighed down. Many conditioners just sit on my hair and weigh it down. Not this. I put 3 drops on my hair at night, then in the morning after shampooing (with no conditioner), I add a drop throughout my hair. This leaves my hair extremely soft & shiny, but it doesn't weight it down at all and leaves volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by KathleenM415

I can't say enough great things about Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil. I've mainly been using it on my face to help it recover from sun exposure. I'm in my late 30's and my skin is starting to show some pesky signs of aging - lines around the eyes, lips, forehead, and neck as well as spots around my cheeks. Argan oil has so far been the most effective moisturizer for my skin. Those lines and spots seem to be less visible now that I have switched to argan oil from department store beauty brands like Clinique and La Mer. My sensitive combination skin has reacted very well to Josie's argan oil - no breakouts and irritation whatsoever - most likely because it is 100% natural and has no artificial scents or petroleum-based ingredients. The argan oil is light and absorbs easily into the skin - it leaves my skin feeling silky with a healthy glow - I've received numerous compliments from girlfriends about my revitalized complexion. I usually apply it at night before bed and in the morning about 30 minutes before heading out the door. This routine has served me well. As someone previously mentioned, Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil doesn't have that earthy smell, which can take some time to get used to. If you find the Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil a little expensive, I highly recommend trying Beta Naturals Pure Argan Oil. It is less-expensive, has no smell, and is every bit as effective as the Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil. If you haven't experienced argan oil as a moisturizer yet, I suggest trying it immediately. Your skin will thank you for it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use in my hair, hoping it would moisturize and tame my frizziness. It does moisturize, but does zero to fight frizz. It also works wonders as a cuticule oil, and I've tried it on my lips too with good results. Overall, its a nice all-purpose oil and I love that Josie Maran products are social and eco friendly. So if it's in your budget then give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this HEAD TO TOE...Literally..... love love love!!

Use it as my AM/PM moisturizer! for my hair/body/nails/lips... love!!!!

I suffered from terrible acne since i was a teen and this stuff has literally turned my skin around... I promise you guys please try it if you are not sure. I was scared to do it and I am so glad I took the chance. I only use Josie Maran products on my skin now.

i cleanse with her argan oil cleasner, few times a week i add some of her argan oil exfoliator with some of the cleanser... then i follow up with the argan oil. I do add a drop of lavender oil in the argan oil to help kick any blemishes i might feel coming up.

is my skin 100% amazing? no...but who's is? If i had to rate my skin before using JMC products a year ago I'd give it a 4/10... now? 8/10. So...just my personal experience :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

after weeks of using this on my dry, patchy skin, i had ZERO success. for $63 a bottle, i would have thought that i'd see some improvement but i didn't.

this leads me to believe that her products aren't truly "organic" because the other day, i started using a real certified organic bottle of argan oil i got from the health food store and only after TWO days of using it, my skin did a complete 180 (went from super dry with dry patches to soft skin and all the dry patches went away). that bottle of certified organic oil only cost me $14 as compared to $63 i shelled out for josie maran.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by blauriche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this product except the price. It is the only thing to have ever helped my under-eye dryness. I got it for free from Sephora, but I'd never pay that much more argan oil. You can get pure argan oil for much cheaper elsewhere. Like I said, I love everything about this product except for the price, which is more or less insulting, in my eyes. I've seen her on a QVC video or something talking about how rare this is and why it's so expensive but it struck me as a load of nonsense. When I'm done with this bottle I'll order some from Amazon or get a bottle from one of the Moroccan grocery stores here in Chicago. I'm also anxious to try marula oil before that gets trendy and the price skyrockets all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

I love argan oil.This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. I didn't notice if it doesn anything for acne cause i don't have acne to begin with. However, I do love how my skin looks and feels after 2 weeks of use. It absorbs so easily without leaving a greasy residue. my makeup looks so much better, my skin tone is firmer, no more dry patches, or flaky skin. IT's just like my own natural skin oil. I don't know if this will cause oily skin gal to break out. Use with caution if you have very thick oily skin. Watch out for topical vitamin E if you are acne prone. It will cause you to break out. This product is very high in vitamin e. I wouldn't buy it again simply because there are many more pure unprocessed unrefined argan oils on the market for only 1/4 of the price. I usually go for the organic cold pressed unscented argan oils.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No