Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 11/1/2012 10:06:00 PM

I have normal to dry skin and I've been looking for an alternative way to moisturize without using any creams. I bought this because I've heard such great things about argan oil. This oil works beautifully! I apply it in the evening before bed and wake up to gorgeous skin, so much so that I forgo my BB cream and just apply a bit of blush. It keeps my skin amazingly moisturized without making it look oily and I love that it's way more natural than most moisturizing creams. The bottle is great too. I bought the smaller version at Sephora, as 50 bucks seemed a little much for a bigger bottle but I'm sure it will still last me a while, as 3 drops suffice. I've used this in the morning as well, as Canadian winters can be pretty harsh and it works just as well, only I'd recommend applying it a good 10-15 minutes before makeup application (unless you use a scant drop), so that it has time to fully penetrate.

on 10/29/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just switched by skin care to the Josie Maran 4 piece set. You was with a cleansing oil followed by argan oil then with the tinted moisturizer and the color stick which you use as a lipstick and blush. I purched this on QVC and got a great deal. I just love the way my skin looks and feels.

on 10/24/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne / oily skin.

I know this is insane, and I can't find a good reason why...but I am applying the JM oil this past week (no other moisturizer) and getting dry, scaley patches on my cheeks and T-zone. An oil that is drying me out? Huh.

I'm reading to mix w/ moisturizer, which may be the next step. But in general, I was trying to avoid moisturizers to see if that was clogging my pores.

on 10/23/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SERIOUSLY!?!?! Who wants to pay FIFTY DOLLARS for a 1.8 oz bottle of argan oil??? Sure, it moisturizes hair well, but it is NOT worth the price. It's just argan oil, I think I'll stick to the cheaper drugstore brands.

on 10/22/2012 8:52:00 PM

so my skin is pretty normal, but here in Chicago once it gets cold, my skin gets super dry. I saw this product on QVC so i decided to go to sephora the next day and try it out. i use about 4 drops on my face, one on each cheek, one on my forehead and and one for my jaw and under nose. this makes my skin so soft! by the way i only use this at night and by the time i wake up my skin is still soft enough so i dont need to moisturize in the AM. awesome product just a bit expensive..

EDIT: This thing sucks. It worked for the first few days and then my skin started flaking. Great, 14 dollars down the drain...

on 10/22/2012 4:51:00 AM

I have pretty sensitive combination skin. Within a week, this actually dried out my cheeks even more, leaving awful flaky patches and my friends asking what was happening with my face. Luckily I hadn't spent any money as I got the little half ounce bottle as a present. Moral of this story: try before you buy!

on 10/18/2012 7:42:00 PM

I really do like this product. It helped me alot with my acne. The cleanser that I have been using dried out my face like crazy so I put this on as a night time moisturizer. At first, I was very skeptical when the salesperson at Sephora told me that oil would help me with my acne, but I trusted her and bought it. It worked out really well for me. It moisturizes my face while keeping my acne under control. I would buy this product again just because I'm scared that if I try anything else, my acne would come back.

on 10/16/2012 2:15:00 PM

I use 1 drop on my face and neck. It does not irritate or cause my combo skin to break out. I also apply 2 drops to damp hair which leaves it much less frizzy. I probably would not try this brand again as there are many less expensive argan oils available at the health store to try.

on 10/10/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a sample size and love it!! I put it on at night and my skin looks amazing in the morning! If it is too oily for you I suggest you mix it with some moisturizer. I accidently knocked it over and spilled some but it is well worth the price!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has completely changed my skin, in such a great way. I was suffering through cystic pimples and oily skin, got this as a sample and started massaging it onto my face at night. My skin has never been better, it's not shiny by midday anymore and I haven't had any breakout since (been 2 months) I'm head over heels in love with this stuff.

Popular Moisturizers