September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Josie Maran's argan oil. It doesn't have any weird fragrances, which is great because I am very sensitive to smells. I use it all over my face (including my lips) in the morning and at night, and it moisturizes my face and makes it glow too. Some people have a problem with it being too oily, which I haven't really noticed, unless you use too much. It's not greasy, just thicker than a liquid, but it absorbs really well, so it doesn't leave a greasy residue on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've been using this product for over 5 months now, started before Christmas. I didn't even get a sample first so it was a big gamble. But since I knew Sephora would take it back if I didn't like it after a week I was willing to purchase right then and there. I was worried that it would cause me to break out because some reviews said they had spots/break outs.

I cannot confirm or deny this occurrence since I'm already slightly acne prone but never anything serious. I love oils for my combination skin, they are very luxurious in my opinion. I used Darphin oil every night a while back but it is far more pricey than this bottle & you don't get much from Darphin. I used to use L'oreal but it wasn't enough, so I tried LUSH creams (amazing as well) but sometimes I didn't feel it penetrating the skin or some of the LUSH creams are too thick, ie Skindrink.
Argan oil really does wonders for my skin it feels soft, supple, so gorgeous, and gives off a wonderful glow. I feel hydrated even in the morning. At night we lose most of our moisture so I recommend moisturizing no matter what. I love how light the oil is too, I have to say the bottle with the dropper is cute and looks pretty on my makeup table but I drip and drop more onto the back of my hand than I intend to use so I've only got a quarter of the big bottle left. I will purchase this again after the summer I think. I want to finish the bottle which shouldn't take too long and see if another oil (which is cheaper) can do the same job. If i can't find a substitute I will purchase again. But I love the smell, its very subtle and earthy. If you apply before bed, give it 15mins to absorb into your skin or else it will be wasted product & go into your sheets.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by llarson37

I have been using Josie Maran's organic argan oil for about 6 months now. I previously struggled with cystic acne coupled with alternating dry and oily skin. It was quite a challenge, especially after entering my 40's, and starting to show wrinkles. I was really at a loss on how to stop this slippery slope I was on! Then one day I got a free sample of this product and I tried it, just to see if any of the hype was real. I use it in conjunction with an Ole Henriksen oil free moisturizer morning and night. The first month, I really still broke out, but I noticed right away, I had refreshed looking skin without dry patches. After the first month passed, the argan oil started to regulate my own oil production, and the breakouts stopped cold. Then the real miracles began- by last month (the 5th month) all the acne scarring started to disappear, and the fine wrinkles were all but gone. People have told me my skin is glowing from within! Now if I get a small breakout, I actually use the argan oil to help alleviate the breakout! It is anti inflammatory, and works amazingly well. Highly recommend this product!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by irene0502

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how argan oil change feels, my skin just drink it up, I use it as a night moisturizer. It doesn't clog my pores and not irritating in anyway. I also put a drop or two in my day lotion if my skin feels a little dry.
But I have switched to the Shea Terra one instead.
I have to say, JM one has absolutely no smell; however, the ST one has a very faint nutty smell when I first open it.
But hey, it cost half of the price...And I don't feel any different on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by violet27

I mix in a few drops of Argan oil with my First Aid Beauty Daily Moisturizer and it really makes my skin glow. I've gotten so many compliments about my complexion since I started using this combo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by margaretsimpson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not worth the money. I use a less expensive but in my eyes a better quality argan oil by mama nature which seems lighter. I use it for the psoriasis on my arms and legs and also as a facial oil to stop ageing. It is amazing. Some people may prefer this oil but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Coconut0404

I love it! Do I really need to say why? Make my skin glow, great for dry hair, and dry cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

Adore adore adore!!! This product is so simple, so natural, that I don't have to have an oil for my cuticles, a treatment for my hair, and cream for my cheeks, another for my eye area, etc. I have combo/oily skin, but I sometimes get dry patches on my cheeks, and a drop or two of Argan Oil does the trick. I've used this as a night time face cream, a detangler and deep-conditioner for my hair, and hand cream. It has never broken me out, and isn't greasy--HONEST!!! And this is coming from one of the most fickle product wh**es you will ever meet. I very, very rarely buy a product more than once, especially when it comes to skincare. But I'm on my third of 4th bottle of JM Argan Oil in roughly two years! And I buy the smallest 0.5 ounce bottle, which is $14.00 but will last many months. This is probably one of two or three products that I truly MUST have on hand at all times.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by summitgurl

This broke me out! And I never get pimples near my mouth/nose area. The first few times hat I've used it, my skin felt softer the next day. Then afterwards, I started breaking out. Those with oily skin or acne-prone skin should stay away from this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Organic
Cons:
Hard to use glass bottle, easy to waste
Not very moisturizing; not for dry skin
Expensive