July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by summitgurl

This broke me out! And I never get pimples near my mouth/nose area. The first few times hat I've used it, my skin felt softer the next day. Then afterwards, I started breaking out. Those with oily skin or acne-prone skin should stay away from this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Organic
Cons:
Hard to use glass bottle, easy to waste
Not very moisturizing; not for dry skin
Expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was hoping this would be a good product for me, but my face started breaking out within a few days so I had to discontinue using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As moisturizers go, this is hands down the best one I've ever used. My skin is plump and moist without feeling greasy. I love to touch my face! I don't know that it does anything else, like anti-aging so you might want to use an appropriate serum first but I doubt I'll use another moisturizer ever again.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 14/3 -12 ----------------------------------------------
im changing this from 5 to 1. it ended breaking me out like craaaazy!

at first i really really loved this, thought its was the best thing i ever put on my skin. after about 10 days using this i got clogged pores/ small breakouts around my chin and down my neck... as it was my time of the month, i thought it was just hormones. but then after 10 additional days the clogging/ breakouts had'nt calmed down and i had small breakouts all over my face and down my neck.
its not cystic, just clogged skin which i feared when starting using this. its just not working for me and im so sad because my skin felt so smooth at first :/ going back to cerave pm for moisturizer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS HG! im obsessed with quality skincare and im spending alot on my skin. ive tried serious skincare lines as jan marini, peter thomas roth, skinceuticals, neostrata, dr denese, estee lauder, dermalogica, md formulations... just to name a few. and seriously, this is one if my top products of all time.

i got combination/ oily skin and have a tendency to get blackheads all over my face (even on my ears!) which i guess is due to fast skin turnover. i _need_ good and strong daily exfoliation and with this baby added on top of it, my skin miraculously adjusted to a normal oil production. my skin is so supple and moist which i never felt before even though i got oily skin. i now experience what good hydration in the skin is, and i am so thankfull.

i use about 5 drops of this each morning and evening. i use it after my serums and eye creams (alternate between ce ferulic, jan marnini bioglycolic lotion/serum and estee lauder advanced night repair).

i should say that i use 40% glycolic peels and retin-a on a regular basis and this oil has worked wonders in conjunctuon with thoose.

i highly suggest trying this one out!

(please excuse my english, as im from sweden there might be some misspelling ;P)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

This made me break out like crazy! I've always had nice skin tone and this made me get huge pimples, that I'm still treating because of the scars. How could something expensive do this to me? I didn't return it because I found it was nice to put on my hair, just in the ends and just a drop because a lot of this stuff will make your hair really oily and unmanageable. I did notice that the area that this didn't break me out looked moisterized and smooth but I'm not taking any chances. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tried this argan oil months ago hoping by using this my skin would get back to normal. Iwas suffering from breakouts and redness,hoping this would calm them down. But it broke me out and made my redness even worse....so crossing this one of my list. If you are interested in trying Argan oil....Whole Food carries different brands for much less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by curly515

After 13 years of acne, and trying every type of treatment / remedy out there... I have never had one back-fire as much as this. Within 2 days I had small white bumps on my face, and I stopped using it... 2 days later, I have actual blackheads. I never actually had a blackhead before. This went back to the store - the sephora clerk was indignant "I've never heard this breaking out someone before." Umm, ok. Back to proactiv.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this rocks! this is all i use at night time. i have super oily acne-prone skin and have no problems with this oil. i was scared to try it but heard such good things about it. glad i did! i apply like 5 drops to my face every night and press it into my skin. since it's all natural (and even edible) i apply it to my lips as well as eye area and lashes. sure i look like i dragged a slice of greasy pizza across my face afterwards but i'm just going to bed, right? when i wake up it's all soaked in and my skin is deeply moisturized. ive noticed my face does not get as oily during the day as it used to prior to using the oil, too. love this stuff. so many uses out of this one oil! the price for the big bottle is steep, but get the small one for $14 at sephora. lasts forever. you will be so glad you did xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish this product worked for my face :( For my hair, it is amazing but I just can't justify spending $49 dollars on a product for my hair. I know argan does great things for a lot of people but it just didn't do much of anything for me besides break me out. It wasn't horrible cystic breakouts but it was consistent small breakouts which I was attributing to other products pretending that it wasn't this. It also didn't help improve the eczema on my hands or dry spots on my elbows either. I've given my skin a break for a few days from this and it has improved drastically. Unfortunately, it just isn't for me :(