October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Good God! This stuff is great! I have only used one pad and I already see a difference! My skin tone was more even after one use. The texture was also better and my post acne marks were lightened. Everywhere I used it looked fresh and even. Not glowy yet, but I can see it getting there with repeated use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These pads are a new addition to my skin care routine.

In the past I have used many AHA and BHA products until I tried Epicuren's anti-acne line. However, after nearly a year using the Epicuren line, I decided that I missed glycolic acid, so I purchased Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinke Peel Pads based on the glowing reviews here at MUA.

So far, the pads have impressed me with their potency and I believe are softening some of my acne scars. However, I can only use them three times a week at this point and after I do, my skin really peels for several days. Therefore, I have only used three of the pads so far.

I will update after more use. I think the effectiveness of the product earns it a five, but the obvious downside of peeling causes me to knock my rating down to four.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cottagecafe

I love these pads. My skins feels smooth and polished. My blotchy pigment is more even. It tingles a bit while it is on, but it is not terrible. I leave it on for only about 5 minutes before showering each night. I follow up with my Obagi skin care routine. These peel pads have made a world of difference. In the morning, my skin looks great. I got a good deal on e-bay - $23.95 for 60 pads.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sloppycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm in love with these pads!!! I have not reviewed a product in quite some time but i felt compelled to review this because the results are amazing!!!!! I have combo skin, acne prone, fine lines starting to creep up around my eyes(I'm 35) some blotchiness and large pores. Well these pads have cleared up my acne, softened the fine lines around my eyes, made my pores smaller, AND has made my skin tone more even. I've only been using these pads for about 3 weeks once daily(I cut them in half-plenty for the face and neck area)and leave it on for about 2-3 hours. Amazing!!! In such a short time I have noticed these GREAT results!!! I can't wait to see what kind of results I'll see in 2 or 3 more months! I had to share this review because I am TRULY IMPRESSED!!! I WILL repurchase! Thanks Peter Thomas Roth!!! I also just started using PTR un-wrinkle eye cream and will review that in a couple of months with my results-I had to try something else of his since this pads are so effective!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jmorocco

Excellent product! Makes my skin glow and feel more smooth than I've felt in a long time. I use one pad a night and follow with a good moisturizer. I leave it on for about 4-5 minutes and so far, so good.
I use the pads around my eyes as well and I've had no problems and I see noticeable improvement in wrinkle lines.
Will repurchase without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by vs3

I love this product! I use the peel pads every other day and after 3 weeks, my skin looked radiant and smooth. A subtle glow. I spent too much time in the sun this summer without sunscreen and skipped moisturizers and wound up with very rough and uneven skin as a result. A couple of years ago I used PTR's 12% glycolic hydrating gel and it worked wonders on my skin -- lots of folks asked what I was using. This time, I tried Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads, based on comments I read here.
The combination of alpha, beta, and gamma acids did a great job of smoothing the roughness away, evening my skin tone, and minimizing my pores. I have to say, my skin looks so much better than it did 10 years ago. I noticed an improvement within a few times of use but after 3 weeks, I am even more pleased. And it doesn't make me break out or dry out my skin.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. I absolutely am thrilled with this. Much better than Dr. Denese's Facial Firming pads, which i had been previously using for the past year.
As another reviewer mentioned, i leave the PTR on my face and don't rinse it until morning, however my skin is used to peels since i used Dr. Denese's line before this.

I use this product more to keep my pores clear, since I don't have wrinkles yet (28 yrs old).

Now--the results--- even after the first day, i woke up with really even-toned skin. it got rid of slight shadows from long-ago scars and such --my skin is much more radiant, clear and fresh.

And even though i don't have wrinkles, i did notice a plumping and firming effect from just a few days of use.

This stuff is a miracle worker. Great, great stuff.

This is my HG and i use it everynight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a chemical exfoliant with glycolic acid that would penetrate deeply to resurface skin, reduce fine lines, improve clarity, etc.
I am so glad I chose this product when I was looking at Sephora. The price (in relation to exorbitantly priced other products) was the clincher.
This product is billed as having a 20% proprietary blend of alpha, beta, and gamma exfoliators (which is composed of glycolic, salicylic, lactic, linoleic, and amino acids). It also has "the building blocks of peptides, powerful botanical extracts, and anti-oxidants." It claims to exfoliate, resurface, clarify, firm, visibly minimize pores/fine lines, and even skin tone.
WOW. I am so impressed with this. I have been using it 3x a week on my fair, ruddy-cheeked, freckled, slightly sensitive skin. You just rub the pad all over your face and leave on for up to 3 minutes. It says to expect some "tingling," but it is more akin to stinging, in my opinion. After I've washed it off (to neutralize the peel), my skin is left slightly red. But, the next day....wow. My skin is SO much more even-toned. I do notice that my fine lines are less noticeable. What is so amazing is that my skin just GLOWS. I have actually done a double-take in the mirror!! When we think of "glowing" skin, because it's usually connotated with makeup, we think of shimmery, glittery, dewy, or shiny. This glow is nothing like that. It is honestly like my skin is just lit from within and transparent almost. It's so cool. The ruddiness in my cheeks is so much less noticeable and my skin is just luminous.
The only complaint I have is that I do not notice that my pores are any less noticeable.
Even if I weren't seeing such a drastic, much-needed improvement in my skin tone/clarity, I would still use these pads because I have read so much about how using at-home peels (usually referenced as glycolic acid peels) actually penetrate the skin beneath the surface to help undo previous sun damage and actually regenerate new collagen production, resulting in new facial skin!
I couldn't be happier with this product (except for the pores) and will repurchase again and again. I am considering other products in this line as well.
60 pads for $40, equaling about .67 per pad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by atomicemmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A great, hard-working peel! I've been using the PTR peel pads twice daily in addition to Isolaz laser treatments for acne. It's especially good to do the peel pads before you go for the laser treatment so that your pores are easier to treat. I don't have any wrinkles but it's great for clearing up acne-prone skin. Also I like that you only have to wait 2-3 minutes instead of sitting around forever with goo on your face like some masks/peels.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

This costs S$92 for 60 pads but the salon was having 20% off so I bought it with the PTR Environmental gel. I have been using this for a week now and so far I am very impressed. My skin hates mechanical exfoliation, so I have tried very few exfoliator only so far. I am using this 2x a week (with one honey-aspirin mask mid-week) and it is excellent. I keep moving the pad on my face and neck for a minute then leave it wet for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. Skin feels stingy if I do it longer but I always follow up with PTR Environmental Repair Gel. I may cut the pad into two like what the reviewer below does because I also find that it is still very wet after usage and feels that a lot is wasted. But I also feel that it may be designed like that for maximum absorption? I'll update if this method works.

Conclusion. The result is comparable to professional exfoliation at the salon. My skin is brighter and smooth the next day and my pores are clean. I also love the innovative idea behind the single soaked tiny pads..very clean, efficient and unique. I very highly recommend this product. You'll love it.