July 31, 2014 | 1429 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. I absolutely am thrilled with this. Much better than Dr. Denese's Facial Firming pads, which i had been previously using for the past year.
As another reviewer mentioned, i leave the PTR on my face and don't rinse it until morning, however my skin is used to peels since i used Dr. Denese's line before this.

I use this product more to keep my pores clear, since I don't have wrinkles yet (28 yrs old).

Now--the results--- even after the first day, i woke up with really even-toned skin. it got rid of slight shadows from long-ago scars and such --my skin is much more radiant, clear and fresh.

And even though i don't have wrinkles, i did notice a plumping and firming effect from just a few days of use.

This stuff is a miracle worker. Great, great stuff.

This is my HG and i use it everynight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a chemical exfoliant with glycolic acid that would penetrate deeply to resurface skin, reduce fine lines, improve clarity, etc.
I am so glad I chose this product when I was looking at Sephora. The price (in relation to exorbitantly priced other products) was the clincher.
This product is billed as having a 20% proprietary blend of alpha, beta, and gamma exfoliators (which is composed of glycolic, salicylic, lactic, linoleic, and amino acids). It also has "the building blocks of peptides, powerful botanical extracts, and anti-oxidants." It claims to exfoliate, resurface, clarify, firm, visibly minimize pores/fine lines, and even skin tone.
WOW. I am so impressed with this. I have been using it 3x a week on my fair, ruddy-cheeked, freckled, slightly sensitive skin. You just rub the pad all over your face and leave on for up to 3 minutes. It says to expect some "tingling," but it is more akin to stinging, in my opinion. After I've washed it off (to neutralize the peel), my skin is left slightly red. But, the next day....wow. My skin is SO much more even-toned. I do notice that my fine lines are less noticeable. What is so amazing is that my skin just GLOWS. I have actually done a double-take in the mirror!! When we think of "glowing" skin, because it's usually connotated with makeup, we think of shimmery, glittery, dewy, or shiny. This glow is nothing like that. It is honestly like my skin is just lit from within and transparent almost. It's so cool. The ruddiness in my cheeks is so much less noticeable and my skin is just luminous.
The only complaint I have is that I do not notice that my pores are any less noticeable.
Even if I weren't seeing such a drastic, much-needed improvement in my skin tone/clarity, I would still use these pads because I have read so much about how using at-home peels (usually referenced as glycolic acid peels) actually penetrate the skin beneath the surface to help undo previous sun damage and actually regenerate new collagen production, resulting in new facial skin!
I couldn't be happier with this product (except for the pores) and will repurchase again and again. I am considering other products in this line as well.
60 pads for $40, equaling about .67 per pad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by atomicemmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A great, hard-working peel! I've been using the PTR peel pads twice daily in addition to Isolaz laser treatments for acne. It's especially good to do the peel pads before you go for the laser treatment so that your pores are easier to treat. I don't have any wrinkles but it's great for clearing up acne-prone skin. Also I like that you only have to wait 2-3 minutes instead of sitting around forever with goo on your face like some masks/peels.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

This costs S$92 for 60 pads but the salon was having 20% off so I bought it with the PTR Environmental gel. I have been using this for a week now and so far I am very impressed. My skin hates mechanical exfoliation, so I have tried very few exfoliator only so far. I am using this 2x a week (with one honey-aspirin mask mid-week) and it is excellent. I keep moving the pad on my face and neck for a minute then leave it wet for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. Skin feels stingy if I do it longer but I always follow up with PTR Environmental Repair Gel. I may cut the pad into two like what the reviewer below does because I also find that it is still very wet after usage and feels that a lot is wasted. But I also feel that it may be designed like that for maximum absorption? I'll update if this method works.

Conclusion. The result is comparable to professional exfoliation at the salon. My skin is brighter and smooth the next day and my pores are clean. I also love the innovative idea behind the single soaked tiny pads..very clean, efficient and unique. I very highly recommend this product. You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I really like this product. When you put it on, you can feel it working and it is full of tried and tested ingredients, although I am not sure why there is retinol in it as it's been proven that ahas neutralize retinols - so don't apply them together, ladies! Otherwise you are wasting your retinol treatment! I cut the pads in half as that is plenty for my face, neck and hands and this is very expensive! I also only use it every few weeks, then I use it for a week or so straight. Or sometimes just for a couple of days when my skin needs a boost. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by toobermom3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are great. How often can you apply a product like this and get results the first time! My skin is smoother brighter, my pores are a little smaller and the overall texture is so nice. Plus I have no irritation NONE. With MD My skin burned. I can use the product with my other glycolic washes and there is no redness or peeling. I even use my retin A a couple times a week tho package recommends not too. Highly recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by wylie1204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THESE PEEL PADS! Wow, they really do the job and my skin glows when I am finished. I started out leaving the solution on my skin for 5 minutes. Then when my skin didn't tingle anymore, I started to leave the solution on overnight. Not what the directions say to do, so if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't even think about it! But, I get regular professional peels so I figured my skin could tolerate it. And the results are just as good as the professional peels. The pads smell wonderful, like peaches. And with 60 pads, it's not a terrible expense either. With 20% of various acids, antioxidants, and skin soothing ingredients like green tea, your skin will love you after using these. I won't use another peel pad again! PTR is the best!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh man, I love these peel pads. Within 1 week, my skin had better clarity, more even skin tone, fewer breakouts & blackheads, & it felt smoother. My foundation applied easier because my skin was smoother, & I had fewer flakies...& my skin glowed! I've tried the MD Skincare Peel (great, but SO expensive), Dr. Denese & Philosophy's peels. These are without a doubt my favorite- GREAT, fast results, & a good value for 60 pads. I have fairly sensitive skin, but these don't irritate it at all, & it doesn't leave me red. I now use once daily & leave the peel on for about 5 minutes then rinse off with water & apply moisturizer. I only feel a little tingle initially- but that's it, & it certainly doesn't bother me. I'll never go back to the MD Skincare Peel because the price is insane. I'm sticking with these- good price & great results- perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this peel from Sephora, for my Mom. It's cheaper then my MD Skincare Peel. MD Skincare=30 for $75 *versus* Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads=60 for $45. I realize this is labeled as being a "A daily hydroxy acid and peptide facial peel", but I think that's too often and basically a waste of product. My Mom is in her late Fifties and her skin is on the dry side. I picked this peel because it's easier then the others we've used. There's no big box, no mixing and there's only one pad, which means only one container to worry about drying up. (I've put a Ziplock baggie around the container, just in case)
This peel is the "kitchen sink" of peels; it has your AHA/BHA Acids, Amino Acids, Vitamins, Antioxidants, etc. What it doesn't have is fragrance or alcohol. This peel is meant to be applied with a pad, left on for a few minutes and then rinsed with water. My Mom applies this to her face, neck and the back of her hands until there's no liquid left (I taught her that! lol!). Then she brushes her teeth and then rinses her face. My Mom is only using it twice a week, thus far and she says she feels a tingle when she applies it. Afterwards, she definitely has a glow and her serums/lotions & potions all seem to sink in better. Even her tinted moisturizer seems to go on better!
Here's the ingredient list: Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric, Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

I will update after she's been using it a few weeks or if there's a problem. At this point, she does NOT want to run out of these!

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No