November 26, 2014 | 1782 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love these! I had been using MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel pads (which are great), but I was looking for something similar, but cheaper. Well, these are not only cheaper, they work better! I have oily skin, so I use a pad in the a.m. and at night, and I leave the solution on for 3-5 minutes each time. They leave my skin GLOWING, like no other product I've ever used. Update: I have moved on from these--they started to give me cystic acne on my cheeks everytime I used them. Demoted to 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

I've only used these four times so far (every other night since I bought them) but I'm already so happy with the results. I will update after a month of use to get a better estimate of how they're working. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin that is mostly oily with some dry patches. I bought these pads on ebay for approximately $25. I apply and wait anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing. There is some stinging, but nothing unbearable and the results are definitely worth it!

I was amazed after the first use because it seemed to dry out my pimples without causing my skin to be flaky or feel tight; it just felt soft and balanced. There was minimal redness that was completely gone by the next morning. My skin is looking better and better and I'm tempted to start going without foundation. The only thing holding me back are some lingering acne scars, which I'm sure this will take care of eventually.

I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with everyone else, these things are amazing. I've been using them for a week now, and even after the first use I saw amazing results. I'm telling all of my friends about them.
They seriously make your skin glow. When I first started using them, they sting a bit, so I was worried about using them in the morning in case they made my sking red, but they haven't had that effect at all. I used the MD skincare peel pads at one time, and I liked those, but I felt like the results were minimal for the price. So far, every time I use these pads my skin looks radiant. I even had a lady at a cosmetic counter stop me yesterday to ask me what I use because my skin looked so good. As a product junkie, this has to be in my top 5 must haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 4:58:00 AM More reviews by cchloerun

OMG!!!! This stuff is a miracle!!!! I am a beauty junky , and have used drugstore brands to the most expensive brands in just about every genre.
I break out (not terrible, but enough to be a problem for me), have a really oily T-zone, dry cheeks, and have some age spots starting because I'm SO fair! I've been looking for this product all my life!!!!!!
My skin is practically glowing- like someone else said- it's like my skin is shining from within! I have this gorgeous clear, rosy glow and get sooo many compliments on my skin now. I get a lot of, "I wish I had skin like yours! What do you use?" Keep in mind I use absolutely NO face makeup now after getting this! I could go on for hrs about my love for this product!!! My oilyness has not improved, but I don't even care because of how clear and bright my skin is now. It has helped to soften the fine lines I'm getting around my eyes and mouth after only 1 month of nightly use. My age spots are lightening as well, and I have had 1 small zit in the entire month I've been using it! That is incredible for me!

I use Peter Thomas Roth 10% hydrating glycolic gel in the AM (another LOVE product) and use 1 Unwrinkle pad in the evening and follow with an oil free salicylic lotion I really likw from HSN. I keep the pad moving for about 1 minute, concentrating on under eyes, then I leave it sit for 20 minutes to an hour. The time you leave it on really matters in my opinion. Don't leave it on too long when you start, just build up your time gradually as your skin gets used to it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Good God! This stuff is great! I have only used one pad and I already see a difference! My skin tone was more even after one use. The texture was also better and my post acne marks were lightened. Everywhere I used it looked fresh and even. Not glowy yet, but I can see it getting there with repeated use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These pads are a new addition to my skin care routine.

In the past I have used many AHA and BHA products until I tried Epicuren's anti-acne line. However, after nearly a year using the Epicuren line, I decided that I missed glycolic acid, so I purchased Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinke Peel Pads based on the glowing reviews here at MUA.

So far, the pads have impressed me with their potency and I believe are softening some of my acne scars. However, I can only use them three times a week at this point and after I do, my skin really peels for several days. Therefore, I have only used three of the pads so far.

I will update after more use. I think the effectiveness of the product earns it a five, but the obvious downside of peeling causes me to knock my rating down to four.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cottagecafe

I love these pads. My skins feels smooth and polished. My blotchy pigment is more even. It tingles a bit while it is on, but it is not terrible. I leave it on for only about 5 minutes before showering each night. I follow up with my Obagi skin care routine. These peel pads have made a world of difference. In the morning, my skin looks great. I got a good deal on e-bay - $23.95 for 60 pads.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by sloppycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm in love with these pads!!! I have not reviewed a product in quite some time but i felt compelled to review this because the results are amazing!!!!! I have combo skin, acne prone, fine lines starting to creep up around my eyes(I'm 35) some blotchiness and large pores. Well these pads have cleared up my acne, softened the fine lines around my eyes, made my pores smaller, AND has made my skin tone more even. I've only been using these pads for about 3 weeks once daily(I cut them in half-plenty for the face and neck area)and leave it on for about 2-3 hours. Amazing!!! In such a short time I have noticed these GREAT results!!! I can't wait to see what kind of results I'll see in 2 or 3 more months! I had to share this review because I am TRULY IMPRESSED!!! I WILL repurchase! Thanks Peter Thomas Roth!!! I also just started using PTR un-wrinkle eye cream and will review that in a couple of months with my results-I had to try something else of his since this pads are so effective!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jmorocco

Excellent product! Makes my skin glow and feel more smooth than I've felt in a long time. I use one pad a night and follow with a good moisturizer. I leave it on for about 4-5 minutes and so far, so good.
I use the pads around my eyes as well and I've had no problems and I see noticeable improvement in wrinkle lines.
Will repurchase without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by vs3

I love this product! I use the peel pads every other day and after 3 weeks, my skin looked radiant and smooth. A subtle glow. I spent too much time in the sun this summer without sunscreen and skipped moisturizers and wound up with very rough and uneven skin as a result. A couple of years ago I used PTR's 12% glycolic hydrating gel and it worked wonders on my skin -- lots of folks asked what I was using. This time, I tried Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads, based on comments I read here.
The combination of alpha, beta, and gamma acids did a great job of smoothing the roughness away, evening my skin tone, and minimizing my pores. I have to say, my skin looks so much better than it did 10 years ago. I noticed an improvement within a few times of use but after 3 weeks, I am even more pleased. And it doesn't make me break out or dry out my skin.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No