December 19, 2014 | 1627 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by 3sludge

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

18 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I started using this because my mum had got it in the smallest size and she encouraged me to use it, saying it could help my scars fade faster. The 1st time it made my skin feel dry and a little flaky, but the next day I realised that it actually helped heal this small pimple that I had on my forehead. Subsequent uses showed that my skin's become clearer, brighter, and pores are smaller. I use this on alternate days because of the price tag, and also my skin gets used to a (good) product quickly if I use it too often.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by blissliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i tried FTE 2 yrs back and theres nuthing much to gloat about. However, decided to give it a try again since i really wan to get sumthing out of this so-called miracle water. My skincare routine was abundance at first. Biotherm aquasource toner- SKII FTE-lancome genifique-clarins whitening essence-biotherm aqua source moisturiser-lancome spot eraser. Thats a whole lot of stuff. I did not see any significant results from the addition of FTE. Until 1 day, i decided to use just SKII FTE before my clarins whitening essence. The next morning, my face was glowing bright. So now i understand e effectiveness of SKII FTE. It has to b used on its own plus another essence or moisturiser overlayer to do its job. Success!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

I think this stuff is amazing! It's one of the few skincare products I've used over the past 2-3 years (when I first started getting serious abt these things) that shows an immediate effect on your skin.

But let's get some stuff out of the way first - I do not have sensitive or acne/breakout-prone skin, so I can't say that this doesn't cause breakouts or red blotches. I don't have serious wrinkles so I can't say that this is a good anti-aging product as well.

OK. Now the good stuff. My skin really honestly looks more translucent after patting this on with my hands. I don't think it's done much for my pigmentation/discolouration, but on areas where there aren't any spots or pigmentation, you really can see right through your skin! if that makes any sense at all. I use this in the morning and at night. Just applying serum and moisturiser after (I use Clarins) gives my skin a dewy sheen which I like so much more than a matte finish; I skip foundation/powder altogether! I'd recommend this to anybody with normal skin.

The only think I hate abt this is the smell. It smells like drool, but it goes away quickly enough, and for the effect, drool's fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by comet27

After reading reviews from all the 'lucky' faittful user from here,i was convinced to give this a try.Earlier my skin was in terrible condition were i breakouts almost non-stop.Forehead and T-zone were in acne-war.

After using FTE for about 3 months,everything cleared up...now the good news is that i have regained back my once cleared face with just a few pimples occasionally.Complexion has brighten up and pores got smaller.

HOWEVER,on the 4 month is when the HORRIBLE finally arrives ! first,i notice my left cheek with tiny flaky spot.And so i ignored thinking it could be my sunscreen?So i stopped the sunscreen for the meantime while monitoring my skin.After few days, i got another flaky spot on my right cheek T_T .Still i didn't suspect the good ol' miracle water .Then,a week after my forehead breakout again to the state before using FTE. Yes,back to square one.

This time i;m pretty confirmed that FTE is the culprit to all the mess on my face.Now i have bumpy skin all over and whole new bunch of zits on face ~ gosh ! i'm throwing this thing away !!!!!

i'm the very few unlucky user here ! Your turn.Try your bet but don't say i didn't warn you ... ...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by stephcotton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started off with a trial size bottle. It made my skin go quite red and blotchy but I figured that was the Pitera coming into contact with my skin for the first time. This stopped after about a week so I bought the full size (strawberrynet - why would anyone, at least in Australia, ever pay full price??). This product is ok.. I don't apply it like they say to. I find that for the price it just wastes too much, so I tip a small amount into my palms and pat onto face. I also use the treatment masks once every week or so and there is fluid left in the packet so I also use this on my face through the week. I find that the masks have made more of a difference than the essence. They work out to be about the same price (ie. $200 every 6 months) so will probably just stick with the masks since there's enough fluid left over for 2 applications a day for the following week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aiviyuki

I've been using this for a almost 2 years. I noticed the difference from the 1st week. I experience less breakouts (before my periods). Even if I have 1 or 2 pimples, it heals 2 days faster than when I'm not using it. Another difference is that my skin is not as oily in the t-zone area as it use to be.

I did an experiement on not using the essence for a week, the t-zone area started to produce excessive oil again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really good! It has shrunk my pores slightly after about one month of use. Also, my skin is less oily, and it glows. I use this in tandem with Cellumination essence and deep surge cream, so the effect could have also been due to the combination of products.

I don't find the smell bothersome. It doesn't smell rotten or bad, it's not very strong either. The smell disappears a few seconds after I apply the product on my face.

I have not experienced any breakouts with it. However, I've heard of people who are allergic to pitera getting breakouts, so do buy a sample before committing to the full bottle.

Totally worth a try. I love this and will keep using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kpxbabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely 100% love this product! Expensive? Absolutely... but worth every penny. Being that I am a college student, I get easily stressed! I used to have flawless skin (never a single pimple) until I entered college and started eating dormitory food.. yuck! Now my skin is glowy and beautiful again and I get comments all the time! I think that a lot of it is this product, because I instantly notice a drastic improvement after use. I've used many high end skincare products, but this is the best! I'm actually surprised at some of the negative reviews..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by tracey_fox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really glad I found this product. I still have very oily, acne-prone skin at 41. This is the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, and has the added benefit of helping to keep it clear. When I first started using it, I was pairing it with a beta hydroxy toner in the morning and evening, and adding my standby benzoyl peroxide product all over my face, chest and back at night. After several weeks of use, I have stopped using the BP all over, since the FTE is taking care of the breakouts. The FTE did purge my skin the first couple of weeks. I was getting whiteheads around my nose and forehead, but at the same time, the texture of my skin and its overall clarity was much improved. The whiteheads are few and far between now, and go away in a day or so. I have a feeling they will stop happening altogether very soon. Still using the BHA liquid product first, letting that sit for a few minutes then following up with the FTE, and am very satisfied!