NARS The Multiple in Orgasm

3.6

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Bha. May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 2/11/2008 2:36:00 PM

If you have similar coloring to me: fair with pink/peach undertones, blue eyes and golden blonde hair, this color is for you. I am not so skilled in my application of this as I'd like to be so I'm still getting used to applying this. I use this on my cheeks and eyes and as a lipstick highlighter. On the eyes I set this with a shadow and contour a bit and follow up with a gel liner at night for drama. Also, I use a neutral Sephora blush to set an give a slight contour to my cheek. If you aren't a porcelain goddess, don't bother with this!

on 2/8/2008 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the way this looked on me. The color was perfect, so natural and glowing. However when I removed it, my cheeks were really red and blotchy where the blush had been. I was in denial for awhile, but as soon as I quit using this and went back to the cream blush in Penny Lane it cleared right up. Too bad since it looked so nice on me

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm tempted to give this a four because I do have an issue with it but the color is so pretty and the end result is so flattering I have to go with a five.

The Orgasm Multiple is beautiful. It's the same color as the powder blush but I found it to be more intense in color and has the quality that cream blush do of sinking into your skin and giving a more natural glow from within that can be achieved generally with powder blushes. Something else I noticed is the shimmer is more pronounced and can sick up a bit off the skin and the overall look has more shine and an almost frost like quality but I think this has to do more with the multiple texture that the formula being a true frost. The extra shimmer problem is remedied easily even, blend. There is a third issue, generally a give with cream blushes but this needs to be set with powder or it will get shimmer drift as you touch your face. I mean it can be passed on but it is best to set it or be very careful in application to not over apply which can be easy as the multiple is very soft and pigmented. I found it was very interesting to use a blush over it like NARS Nico or even NARS Orgasm. Nico flattened the shine and added this really pretty glow and Orgasm gave the benefit of the cream sinking into the skin with the added intensity of layering the same shade in a powder over it. I know it sounds stupid but it was pretty on.

I did try this as a lipstick and liked it very much but I hope they just make an Orgasm lipstick because who wants to multiple out of your purse and apply it in public. It's just large.

As a shadow I found it pretty even though I am not a big pink shadow fan. I used it very lightly and did not have any creasing but I did not wear it a full day so it could be possible. I think it would make an interesting cream base for other powder shadows to go over.

So, overall I really like the Orgasm Multiple but if you have the blush already you will more than likely pass since this costs 36 or so dollars and it's pretty much the same color but it is a good product for sure. I can say I prefer the Multiple in Orgasm on my lips better than the Orgasm gloss so I do hope a lipstick is on the way and let's face it, we all know it is.

on 2/1/2008 2:13:00 PM

I ordered this online from Sephora prompted by the "legend" of the Orgasm blush be the HG. I was going to order the regular blush - and now wish I had. This sounded like such a great idea - can be used on eyes, cheeks and lips - great idea really (I had visions of throwing it in my purse and have a make-up on the go thing happening). Sadly - it looks awful on my dry pale skin. It "highlighted" a small bump on my cheek I didn't even know was there - NOT pretty! After applying it I walk over to my husband and he says - "what's wrong with your skin?' NOT the response I was hoping for. It's greasy and shiney and just not for me. I will take it back to Sephora tomorrow and check out the powder version!Would probably be fine for 20 somethings with a tan who love the sheen/glitter look.

on 1/29/2008 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love love love this blush. It's a little more pink than I usually wear because pink shades tend to wash me out but this doesn't at all. It looks natural, but with a slight hint of shimmer, very easy to blend, and lasts quite a while too. The only thing that I don't love about it is the price, at around $30 it's a little pricey but you use so little when you use it it'll last a while so it's definitely worth it.

EDIT: I still like it, but it rubs off your cheeks way too quickly for how much it costs. All thats left after not very long is just some glitter.

on 1/26/2008 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Just bought this yesterday, was using the Tarte Cheek Stain. This is so much more natural, love it. It is featured in February 2007 Allure magazine as one of the best overall highlighters and blushes. Super, thanks Nars.

on 1/13/2008 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I was sorely disappointed in this product-we don't have Sephora here or any "real" makeup counters so I had to buy it online and pray.
Unfortunately,it's on its way back to Sephora-I found it way too glittery and greasy for my skin,which was surprising as I love most NARS items,and South Beach is one of my favorite beauty products,so I guess I thought the multiple was an ultimate good.This one wasn't worth it for the price,especially since I only use it as a blush,and I think the name roped me in too :P (Apparently,I'm 13 again.) I also do not have the powder blush Orgasm,so I couldn't tell you how it looks layered like the previous reviewer,and I tend to think this would also look best on fresh faced 20 somethings and under.

I'm sort of torn about this product. I had been eagerly awaiting its release several months ago, and when I tried it at Sephora, I hemmed and hawed about buying it, but then suddenly took the plunge last week.

Compared to Mustique, this is less peachy, and much more shimmery! I was actually surprised at how shimmery it was. I have the Orgasm blush, so I expected some gold shimmer, but by itself, the multiple almost looks like a rose-gold shimmer/highlight stick.

I layered the blush on top of this, though, and it turned out beautiful! It made my cheeks the perfect peach-pink, and the gold shimmer was more subdued. In fact (must I say), the effect almost lived up to its name (haha).

The lasting power of the multiples has never been great, but these two paired together turned out wonderfully. (I think it also helped that I had a long-lasting foundation on underneath.)

Overall, I said that I would repurchase again. If you have the powder blush already, try these 2 together for an even better effect. continued >>

on 12/20/2007 5:23:00 PM

These days, I'm all about buying anything with the Orgasm shade. I'm a complete convert.

As a blush, this is a pretty good formula, giving a creamy sheer stain to my cheeks. As a lipgloss, however, I'm not loving it so much.

The problem is that it's too much like lipstick, and it doesn't give my naturally dry as a bone lips too much moisture. I was debating whether to get the multiple or go with the lipgloss, and I think that I'd have been better off going with the lipgloss to do with the original powder blush.

But the color does look AWESOME on my lips- I have to say.

on 12/10/2007 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is better for my skin than the powder version, especially in the winter months. My skin gets VERY dry, and cream blushes are just easier to wear. I like to use the Multiples because they are not super creamy, or oily. They also blend really well for me. Orgasm is just beautiful. It is really the same color as the powder blush. I was surprised about how close the colors are. My other favorite Multiples are South Beach and Maui.

Popular Blush Products