April 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Treatments - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this as others have. I have acne prone skin, always with a few spots, red patches and acne scarring. I squeezed a lemon and kept the juice in the fridge to use every day and I put some over my skin with a cotton pad after removing my makeup. First complaint- it stings like hell! It simmers down after 5 minutes but still, I'm pretty sure that's my face's way of saying it doesn't like it! I kept it up though for a few weeks and had a look at the result. Well, perhaps my redness had gone down a little bit- but a definite marked difference was not clear. And my spots had become infected- the heads had become orangey in colour, sore and red around the outside. Not good. I won't continue with this. Plus it concerns me that you need extra sunscreen after using this- I already am pale with moles so the risk of sun exposure was a worry too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing using lemon juice on NAILS so I can't comment on how it works for skin problems or lightening hair etc..

I've read many comments on MUA and nail polish blogs saying that lemon juice will lighten staining caused from polish. Since Bubble White and whitening mouthwash didn't help I figured I'd give it a shot.

1st time I tried this I squeezed lemons in a cup and dunked my fingertips into it. After about 3 minutes my fingers began to burn so after 5 minutes I took my fingers out. I gently scrubbed my nails with a nail brush and soap to remove the lemon juice. I compared it to my left hand which I hadn't soaked yet and there was no difference at all.

2nd time I tried lemon juice I soaked cotton balls in lemon juice, placed it on my nails, and wrapped with foil pieces to hold the cotton balls on. I figured this way my nails can soak longer without hurting my skin. After 10 minutes I checked my nails and they looked the same color. After 15 minutes I still didn't see any less staining compared to my other hand so I gave up. When I washed my hands I noticed my nails were peeling up in strips! Uggh, I wish I never tried this, my nails are ruined. Not to mention not a bit whiter! *runs off and cries*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love putting a little bit of this in my water, it makes it taste refreshing

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love that I've found such a convenient and inexpensive treatment. This is definitely a holy grail for me. When first using it on my skin every night it worked like a charm. I used it on my face as a mask for about an hour and then took it off, and I used it on my bacne as well. My bacne scars have faded tremendously and I'm still clear. NOTHING else helped my bacne. I tried so many products and my last hope was African Black Soap, I tried a couple from Whole Foods.

Anyway, being in the sun this summer has surprisingly helped my bacne and the lemon juice definitely helped a lot. So, like I said when using this on my face for about a month or two straight my skin was so clear, GLOWING. Unfortunately I'm battling hormonal acne right now so the lemon juice isn't doing it's thing anymore. I'm still going to continue using it as a mask maybe once or twice a week just to help with the scars, though.

Plus, it's such an inexpensive treatment and really does its job. I just wish my face remained clear. Don't let this review discourage you from purchasing, though. It really is a miracle worker. I'm just stressing out like crazy right now and my hormones aren't helping!! Good luck ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Dulcesusana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yes this defenately works by drying and killing some bacteria on acne i actually felt relieving when i added this on my face ..i totally recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

So I was really suspicious if this would work for me. My skin is oily and I get occassional acne which drives me nuts. I applied this and I felt a little bit of burn but it was not intolerable. I waited for 10 minutes and washed it off. The little nasty white puss from each pimple was either out or ready to come out. I am totally amazed of how this worked on. I will try to do this more often...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I saw a review for this a few days ago. I was trying to get rid of a few whiteheads I discovered last week caused by a hair care product ( I think). I tried Apple Cider Vinegar for a day and liked it but not the smell! So when I read that this can help with whiteheads, I decided to reach into my fridge and use some Reallemon! I have been using it twice a day after cleansing and before toning. I rinse it off after 10 minutes or so. The new whiteheads are gone! I still have some stubborn ones I have had for a few years, but they seem to be coming to the surface. Wow!!! Sure beats wasting money on new products. This is also lightening some brown spots I have caused by hormones and sun! Try this! You have nothing to lose.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy smokes! I have a scar on my cheek that has not healed as well as I would hope, and have tried just about every topical application imaginable on it. I have just been to a plastic surgeon to see about having Restylane injected into it to even out the appearance. And then I came upon the reviews for lemon juice as a healing agent -- and it's like a miracle! I've only been using it for a few days, but I have applied the ReaLemon juice with a cotton ball twice per day, and already my scar is flatter and the discoloration is noticeably fading. I can't believe that the fix was in my refrigerator all along! I'm going to keep it up, but I have to say that I'm already amazed and delighted with the results I've had.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried lemon juice for my old acne scars and uneven skin tone and I must say, AMAZING!! I use RealLemon 100% juice. I don't dilute the juice, so it does sting every time I use it, but not enough for me to discontinue use. I apply it at night after cleaning my face. I let the juice dry, then apply Ponds dry skin cream. And after a month or so.. RESULTS! Definitely a must try home remedy for everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by chavisharma

i have this very oily and acne prone skin and due to my negligence the pimples that appeared on my skin when i was 16 left terrible looking scars behind,this hugely shattered my confidence !! no make up could hide the scars ,home remedies made the spots worst , i used many expensive products but all that went vain
i had completely surrended and given up i was sure that il have to live with the ugly scars, spots on my face forever
But then my mum suggested me to rub lemon on my face ..i did but i was sure that it wouldn't really cause any difference but you wouldn't believe this, i woke up the next morning looked at the mirror and i was amused !!!
my face was clean unlike the other days when my skin gleamed with oil !! it was smooth!! so i decided to give it another go and today i have been using it since 5 weeks and yes all the scars have magically vanished
m skin is glowing, the brown scars have faded , i have achieved a pinkish glow !!! and life seems beautiful after this huge transformation
PLZZ DON'T WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON COSMETIC PRODUCT USE LEMON JUICE!!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No