April 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Oily skin people (like me) you need this. This has been perfect during the summer. To be honest I think even guys can wear this. Heres why. It is light to meduim coverage. They can just dust this on and it will absorb the oil. Back to girls, It makes my skin look fresh and matte everytime without looking cakey. I have had no problem breaking out at all or clogging my pores. The packaging is really cool (mirror and puff included). Since I do have combo skin I do have to be careful on where on my face i put it or how lightly I brush it on. If you have dry skin, I suggest you stay away form this because it might look ashy and more dry. It feels really soft on my face though

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder worked fantastic for me. I used it to set everything from my tinted moisturizer, to putting over sunscreen, to using over foundation. It's inexpensive and I can easily take it with me for touch ups because of the packaging. Though while I enjoyed having the mirror and the pad to use included with the packaging, I found that it became quite flimsy, and had to keep an eye on it in my bag. It doesn't offer heavy coverage, but when used over top of foundation, moisturizer, etc, the lasting effect is very nice. I would definitely recommend picking up this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
    Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
    Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

First of all, I got this product in the shade medium. The shade seems a little bit light on me as I got this before I got my tan, when I was about an NC25/30. Now I am a definite NC35, not seeming to get any lighter. I really love the way the product goes on the surface of my skin, not too cakey but giving a very natural matte finish. I'm not a real fan of perfectly matte skin as I think it's a bit too artificial, so I just set it with a makeup setting spray to give it a more natural feeling. The packaging is cute, and I like the way the puff comes out by twisting it below the powder. There seems to be a lot of product in this packaging, so I don't think I'll finish it any time soon! But I would definitely love to repurchase this nicely priced setting powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this in a light shade because I am on the lighter side of skin. I heard great reviews & i guess i expected too much out of this product. The first time I used it I loved it! It set my foundation & looked natural. But as I used it more I dont know why but I felt like the product was too chalky? And it just wasnt cutting it for me. It does control my oily T-zone though. Maybe I just need to get a darker shade.. I will be repurchasing the product & give it another shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddictionist

This powder enhanced all the dry patches on my skin, but did control the oil around my nose. The coverage is good, giving off an matte look in my oily areas. However, it does not make justice to dry skins at all. I recommend this product only for those who have oily skins. Dry skins should better watch out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's allright if you don't got MAC, Clinique or whatever. But for me, all it does is "lock" my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this powder for my oily complexion but I would not repurchase it because althought it keeps me oil free for at least an hour (which is normal for me) it not too much different than the other Shine Free maybelline powder (the one with the blue packaging) and it is much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

HG powder! I have been using this powder for years now and I've got 4 back-ups in the cupboard.
    I usually wear this alone as I do not have much to cover on my face. Despite the fact that it offers little coverage, my boyfriend always comments on how flawless I look (the times I am wearing it). Little does he know it is because of this powder ;)
    It has amazing shine control and never cakes or looks dry. If I do become a bit shiny towards the end of a warm Summer's day, the powder soaks up the oil nicely, leaving a luminous glow on my skin peeking through. It's gorgeous and very natural.
    No other powders have been able to surpass this one. For reference, I am NW15 with slightly yellow undertones and I use Medium 4.5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by beautynerd123

so, i had another powder before i got this one. and i'm seriously obsessed with this powder! i got the shade Honey medium 3-4, and it keeps me looking matte, but not that "dryfeeling"! this really sets all of your makeup, and i really recommend it to:
    - oily/ combination skin
    - not for people who want to cover up, though stay matte.

the only thing i don't like about this powder is the packaging!!! it is so confusing<.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I carry this product in my purse everywhere I go for quick touch ups. I have light-medium skin and first bought the shade cream, which was too light, so I exchanged it for sand(medium) and its a perfect match. My skin is super oily and acne-prone. I've used pressed powders in the past which have gotten rid of shine really well but they ruin my skin by clogging pores. Dream matte pressed powder is different, it eliminates oiliness and doesn't break my skin out. I probably use this product 2-3 times a day, my skin is that oily! I go through a lot of compacts for that reason but it is worth buying again and again. I love that it is natural looking, never cakey or heavy, that's a big plus. It typically keeps me shine free about 2 hours and has a silky texture when applied. Best D/S pressed powder I've ever used!