Physicians Formula Conceal RX

3.9

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4, DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3, DIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-12, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, PANTHENOL, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIDECETH-9PG-AMODIMETHICONE, TRIDECETH-12, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON DIOXIDES, TALC, ULTRAMARINES, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN.

on 7/31/2008 9:56:00 AM

I buy this product in Fair Light. I have oily skin, acne scars, the occasional cystic acne, and sometimes I have regular pimples to cover as well. My skin IS a challenge.

Before I purchased this concealer, I was using MAC Studio Finish Concealer and applying it with a concealer brush. I found it hard to blend after the first month of having the concealer so I headed to my nearest Walgreens and purchased this amazing concealer from PF. I apply the PF concealer with a dampened mini-round sponge. I smooth the concealer somewhat into the sponge and lightly press it on to my problem areas. This keeps it from looking cakey and increases the blendability for me. I apply my concealer after my foundation as to only use it where I really need the extra coverage, and my powder does not seem to stick to the PF's concealer as it did to my MAC. It doesn't turn orangey on me as my MAC sometimes did. Stays with me all day no matter what I do...through naptimes, sweating, and 16-hour days.

This is my HG concealer! I ABSOLUTELY love it, and will continue to purchase this over MAC's concealer as long as they still make it.

on 7/21/2008 4:17:00 PM

This is the best DS concealer!! True yellow base and weird thing is... it CONCEALS!!! HG concealer!

on 7/11/2008 2:37:00 PM

Good coverage, but sooo cakey and dry and impossible to blend. I could not make this look good on my skin - it was like trying to blend elmers glue. Bummer. Will not repurchase.

on 6/20/2008 7:49:00 PM

I have and will buy this again. This is good for days I don't want to wear LORAC neutralizer, which is great but on some days looks like it washes me out. I apply the Soft Yellow using a foundation brush just where there is red on my face. Looks great and lasts forever. I would have to say that if you have rosacea or sensitive skin these two products would be very helpful.

on 5/5/2008 3:48:00 PM

Concealer RX is probably the only drugstore brand concealer that honestly offers a true effective shade of "yellow" corrector. There are several other drugstore bands that offer color corrector concealers and even Physician Formula has quite a few different kinds. However they're generally a really funny white-cast cool-tone yellow that more or less emphasizes the problem than help.

Concealer RX "Soft Yellow" is a warm tone orange-yellow. It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for without the hefty price tag. I severely needed a concealer for my dark circles. I'm only in my early 20's however I haven't really been taking care of myself and I don't want to walk around like the living dead. Normal "skintone" concealers weren't cutting it for me because it was always too apparently and made my dark circles greyish or I'd needed so much it'll cake up and crease later... and having falsely wrinkly bags under my eyes wasn't helping.

I really didn't have much of a choice but to find an orangey color corrector but I didn't want to break the bank with this either. Most companies that offer peach correctors are high end such as Bobbi Brown and Make Up For Ever. Then I ran across PF Concealer RX by accident at a Rite Aid. Unlike the other Physical Formula color correcting concealers, Soft Yellow looked like a peachy yellow shade. The tube is opaque but the concealer is literally the same shade as the tube you see. The consistency is light/medium coverage. It can be a bit dry so I suggest the usual moisturizing/priming before application. Apply with a brush rather than fingers for the best consistency and coverage... Also because it is yellow, a little does a lot. Do apply your normal concealer (a light one) and/or foundation over ANY COLOR CORRECTING concealer to notice a difference or else it will look weird. Don't expect any change or a natural look if you just leave it as it is... Finish off with your normal makeup routine!

In the end, this does it's job for me. I'm quite happy with it. It's not perfect but it's close enough and only about $8 with a huge tube of product that will take quite a while to use. I will definitely buy this again! It's a decent enough coverage for under the eyes without overly drying or being too greasy. I have normal/oily skin... my dark circles are a mix of brown/blue (this is why I needed a mixture of yellow/orange since yellow is more so for blue circles and orange is for brown). NC15, pale with warm undertones for ref.

I don't understand the hype. I though this would solve my acne scars. I tried it using little product (as recommended) and pat it over and over again but it doesn't blend for me! It looks cakey over and under my liquid foundation too. if I'm doing something wrong or you have a technique I might benefit from, please MSG me :)

Alright so I applied this products to my undereye area and occasionally on pimples. If you use it all over your face, it tends to get blotchy or streak, so just dab it on places you need to with a foundation brush, then follow with a powder to set it.

Personally, I found this really heavy and an odd consistency, and it didn't last very long for me. It also set into the lines under my eyes, making them look really weird.

on 3/25/2008 2:11:00 PM

Pros: Cheap! Readily available! Didn't make any of my acne worse... which is a huge pro in terms of concealers.

Cons: Definitely flaked on my dry skin. Tends to migrate off of more pronounced blemishes. Coverage doesn't last... at all... in my experience.

I guess for me you get what you pay for, all though if you aren't very dry this may work better for you.

on 3/20/2008 9:43:00 PM

AWESOME. perfect consistency, very strong coverage, and blends nicely. this is my favorite concealer by far and i found it at wal-mart! i highly recommend to anyone.

on 3/19/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this concealer. I have to say, I never really used a concealer prior to this stuff, and the only reason i even bought this stuff to begin with is a highly embarrassing story. On NYE this year after a long night of drinking I fell flat on my face right outside my apt building (and that is a very long story short lol) and had a really bad almost carpet burn like bruise on my whole cheek from making out with the pavement. Well, when i awoke sober the next day and saw my face i totally freaked out. Ran to CVS and saw this stuff (packaging says it covers bruises etc) so i figured I'd give it a try. Ok, now over my scrapes it was awful - but they were scrapes, uneven surface, so I should have known better. I wanted to find a use for it after my face healed up lol so i started using it under my eyes - and its perfect! Really brightens and although i dont have much of an issue with dark circles, it just makes the whole eye area lighter and brighter. A tiny little dab really does go a long way though so dont overdo it. Will keep on purchasing and cross my fingers that I dont get drunk enough to have to use it for what I initially purchased it for!!!