October 25, 2014 | 1682 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Concealer RX is probably the only drugstore brand concealer that honestly offers a true effective shade of "yellow" corrector. There are several other drugstore bands that offer color corrector concealers and even Physician Formula has quite a few different kinds. However they're generally a really funny white-cast cool-tone yellow that more or less emphasizes the problem than help.

Concealer RX "Soft Yellow" is a warm tone orange-yellow. It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for without the hefty price tag. I severely needed a concealer for my dark circles. I'm only in my early 20's however I haven't really been taking care of myself and I don't want to walk around like the living dead. Normal "skintone" concealers weren't cutting it for me because it was always too apparently and made my dark circles greyish or I'd needed so much it'll cake up and crease later... and having falsely wrinkly bags under my eyes wasn't helping.

I really didn't have much of a choice but to find an orangey color corrector but I didn't want to break the bank with this either. Most companies that offer peach correctors are high end such as Bobbi Brown and Make Up For Ever. Then I ran across PF Concealer RX by accident at a Rite Aid. Unlike the other Physical Formula color correcting concealers, Soft Yellow looked like a peachy yellow shade. The tube is opaque but the concealer is literally the same shade as the tube you see. The consistency is light/medium coverage. It can be a bit dry so I suggest the usual moisturizing/priming before application. Apply with a brush rather than fingers for the best consistency and coverage... Also because it is yellow, a little does a lot. Do apply your normal concealer (a light one) and/or foundation over ANY COLOR CORRECTING concealer to notice a difference or else it will look weird. Don't expect any change or a natural look if you just leave it as it is... Finish off with your normal makeup routine!

In the end, this does it's job for me. I'm quite happy with it. It's not perfect but it's close enough and only about $8 with a huge tube of product that will take quite a while to use. I will definitely buy this again! It's a decent enough coverage for under the eyes without overly drying or being too greasy. I have normal/oily skin... my dark circles are a mix of brown/blue (this is why I needed a mixture of yellow/orange since yellow is more so for blue circles and orange is for brown). NC15, pale with warm undertones for ref.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by letsbefriends

I don't understand the hype. I though this would solve my acne scars. I tried it using little product (as recommended) and pat it over and over again but it doesn't blend for me! It looks cakey over and under my liquid foundation too. if I'm doing something wrong or you have a technique I might benefit from, please MSG me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by goodnightdarling

Alright so I applied this products to my undereye area and occasionally on pimples. If you use it all over your face, it tends to get blotchy or streak, so just dab it on places you need to with a foundation brush, then follow with a powder to set it.

Personally, I found this really heavy and an odd consistency, and it didn't last very long for me. It also set into the lines under my eyes, making them look really weird.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mthomas1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Cheap! Readily available! Didn't make any of my acne worse... which is a huge pro in terms of concealers.

Cons: Definitely flaked on my dry skin. Tends to migrate off of more pronounced blemishes. Coverage doesn't last... at all... in my experience.

I guess for me you get what you pay for, all though if you aren't very dry this may work better for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ali723

AWESOME. perfect consistency, very strong coverage, and blends nicely. this is my favorite concealer by far and i found it at wal-mart! i highly recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meliss27

I really love this concealer. I have to say, I never really used a concealer prior to this stuff, and the only reason i even bought this stuff to begin with is a highly embarrassing story. On NYE this year after a long night of drinking I fell flat on my face right outside my apt building (and that is a very long story short lol) and had a really bad almost carpet burn like bruise on my whole cheek from making out with the pavement. Well, when i awoke sober the next day and saw my face i totally freaked out. Ran to CVS and saw this stuff (packaging says it covers bruises etc) so i figured I'd give it a try. Ok, now over my scrapes it was awful - but they were scrapes, uneven surface, so I should have known better. I wanted to find a use for it after my face healed up lol so i started using it under my eyes - and its perfect! Really brightens and although i dont have much of an issue with dark circles, it just makes the whole eye area lighter and brighter. A tiny little dab really does go a long way though so dont overdo it. Will keep on purchasing and cross my fingers that I dont get drunk enough to have to use it for what I initially purchased it for!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyistaken

My forehead has gone crazy and there are a few red marks on it, so I read some suggestions for concealer on MUA and decided to go out and try this. It did a really good job of masking the redness, it didn't completely make it disappear but it was way less visible. You only need a little bit to cover up marks and, like others have said, it's best to pat it on. The packaging is simple and sanitary. The coverage lasted for a long time: I applied it at about 6:00PM and it was slightly fading at 6:00AM.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BuddyTFT111000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an EXCELLENT concealer. It's the first concealer I've found that actually..... conceals! I have a couple dark freckles that are perfectly covered when I use this. I use Fair Light which looks great on my PPP skin. It is important to moisturize before using this. Then I simply use my ring finger and dab a minimal amount of the product on, then repeat. After that I put on my pur minerals foundation, then my powder, and I'm good to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xraygirl

LOVE LOVE LOVE! this concealer! I have yet to find a concealer (especially from PF) that covers up those pesky flaws like this one. I was hesitant on buying this at first (mostly because I had not checked it out on MUA first and almost didn't for that reason alone) - but I took a chance and am quite thankful I did. I think the only drawback, and I believe someone else said it, is if you have dry skin. It tends to bring it out...but easily worked out (for the most part) with some extra moisturizer. But I must say I did not once think about how my face looked all day, and if those pesky red marks were showing through...because when I caught glimpses in the mirror during the course of the day it looked the same as when I put it on. Great product. This will be my one and only concealer...until like most companies, they try and upgrade. This is one upgrade (IMO) they do not need to make...

*side note* part of the problem with the dryness issue I have is directly related to being on Retin A Micro...so it is not completely an issue with the concealer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Could not get this to work. Tried it under makeup, on top of makeup. Tried setting it with powder, leaving it alone, and mixing it with powder and applying it. It's not like I have a ginormous birthmark to cover - just some red spots. Forget putting it on top of any creams or sunscreens.