Physicians Formula Conceal RX

3.9

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4, DIISOSTEARATE/POLYHYDROXYSTEARATE/SEBACATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3, DIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-12, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, PANTHENOL, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, POLYSILICONE-11, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIDECETH-9PG-AMODIMETHICONE, TRIDECETH-12, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON DIOXIDES, TALC, ULTRAMARINES, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN.

on 9/17/2008 11:13:00 PM

Really good coverage and a great price, but sadly this one is not a winner. I had high hopes that this would be the HG for covering my severe, scary undereye circles (I've had MAs tell me there is nothing they can do for me coverage-wise). This coverage very, very decently and the color match was good, but despite eye cream, my undereyes were so dry, crepey and WRINKLED looking by the end of the day (and I'm only 27 with no discernible wrinkles). My eyes looked 50! Sigh, back it goes...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this because every one else did... but unfortunately it made my eyes sting and the skin burned! i tried it two days in a row to be sure... but yep, still hurts. i got the soft yellow and it didn't do a great job of covering my under eye circles. i'm trying out MUFE face and body right now and just using that covers them as much if not more than using both products together did. in fact, i think using the PF concealer just drew more attention to them. it got kinda dry and creased in fine lines too, but not terribly, you could only see it up close. great packing and price though( i grabbed one with a 2 dollar off coupon attached so it was 6.99 i believe) just not for my skin. back to CVS it will go.

on 7/31/2008 9:56:00 AM

I buy this product in Fair Light. I have oily skin, acne scars, the occasional cystic acne, and sometimes I have regular pimples to cover as well. My skin IS a challenge.

Before I purchased this concealer, I was using MAC Studio Finish Concealer and applying it with a concealer brush. I found it hard to blend after the first month of having the concealer so I headed to my nearest Walgreens and purchased this amazing concealer from PF. I apply the PF concealer with a dampened mini-round sponge. I smooth the concealer somewhat into the sponge and lightly press it on to my problem areas. This keeps it from looking cakey and increases the blendability for me. I apply my concealer after my foundation as to only use it where I really need the extra coverage, and my powder does not seem to stick to the PF's concealer as it did to my MAC. It doesn't turn orangey on me as my MAC sometimes did. Stays with me all day no matter what I do...through naptimes, sweating, and 16-hour days.

This is my HG concealer! I ABSOLUTELY love it, and will continue to purchase this over MAC's concealer as long as they still make it.

on 7/21/2008 4:17:00 PM

This is the best DS concealer!! True yellow base and weird thing is... it CONCEALS!!! HG concealer!

on 7/11/2008 2:37:00 PM

Good coverage, but sooo cakey and dry and impossible to blend. I could not make this look good on my skin - it was like trying to blend elmers glue. Bummer. Will not repurchase.

on 6/20/2008 7:49:00 PM

I have and will buy this again. This is good for days I don't want to wear LORAC neutralizer, which is great but on some days looks like it washes me out. I apply the Soft Yellow using a foundation brush just where there is red on my face. Looks great and lasts forever. I would have to say that if you have rosacea or sensitive skin these two products would be very helpful.

on 5/5/2008 3:48:00 PM

Concealer RX is probably the only drugstore brand concealer that honestly offers a true effective shade of "yellow" corrector. There are several other drugstore bands that offer color corrector concealers and even Physician Formula has quite a few different kinds. However they're generally a really funny white-cast cool-tone yellow that more or less emphasizes the problem than help.

Concealer RX "Soft Yellow" is a warm tone orange-yellow. It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for without the hefty price tag. I severely needed a concealer for my dark circles. I'm only in my early 20's however I haven't really been taking care of myself and I don't want to walk around like the living dead. Normal "skintone" concealers weren't cutting it for me because it was always too apparently and made my dark circles greyish or I'd needed so much it'll cake up and crease later... and having falsely wrinkly bags under my eyes wasn't helping.

I really didn't have much of a choice but to find an orangey color corrector but I didn't want to break the bank with this either. Most companies that offer peach correctors are high end such as Bobbi Brown and Make Up For Ever. Then I ran across PF Concealer RX by accident at a Rite Aid. Unlike the other Physical Formula color correcting concealers, Soft Yellow looked like a peachy yellow shade. The tube is opaque but the concealer is literally the same shade as the tube you see. The consistency is light/medium coverage. It can be a bit dry so I suggest the usual moisturizing/priming before application. Apply with a brush rather than fingers for the best consistency and coverage... Also because it is yellow, a little does a lot. Do apply your normal concealer (a light one) and/or foundation over ANY COLOR CORRECTING concealer to notice a difference or else it will look weird. Don't expect any change or a natural look if you just leave it as it is... Finish off with your normal makeup routine!

In the end, this does it's job for me. I'm quite happy with it. It's not perfect but it's close enough and only about $8 with a huge tube of product that will take quite a while to use. I will definitely buy this again! It's a decent enough coverage for under the eyes without overly drying or being too greasy. I have normal/oily skin... my dark circles are a mix of brown/blue (this is why I needed a mixture of yellow/orange since yellow is more so for blue circles and orange is for brown). NC15, pale with warm undertones for ref.

I don't understand the hype. I though this would solve my acne scars. I tried it using little product (as recommended) and pat it over and over again but it doesn't blend for me! It looks cakey over and under my liquid foundation too. if I'm doing something wrong or you have a technique I might benefit from, please MSG me :)

Alright so I applied this products to my undereye area and occasionally on pimples. If you use it all over your face, it tends to get blotchy or streak, so just dab it on places you need to with a foundation brush, then follow with a powder to set it.

Personally, I found this really heavy and an odd consistency, and it didn't last very long for me. It also set into the lines under my eyes, making them look really weird.

on 3/25/2008 2:11:00 PM

Pros: Cheap! Readily available! Didn't make any of my acne worse... which is a huge pro in terms of concealers.

Cons: Definitely flaked on my dry skin. Tends to migrate off of more pronounced blemishes. Coverage doesn't last... at all... in my experience.

I guess for me you get what you pay for, all though if you aren't very dry this may work better for you.