August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by goodnightdarling

Alright so I applied this products to my undereye area and occasionally on pimples. If you use it all over your face, it tends to get blotchy or streak, so just dab it on places you need to with a foundation brush, then follow with a powder to set it.

Personally, I found this really heavy and an odd consistency, and it didn't last very long for me. It also set into the lines under my eyes, making them look really weird.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mthomas1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Cheap! Readily available! Didn't make any of my acne worse... which is a huge pro in terms of concealers.

Cons: Definitely flaked on my dry skin. Tends to migrate off of more pronounced blemishes. Coverage doesn't last... at all... in my experience.

I guess for me you get what you pay for, all though if you aren't very dry this may work better for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ali723

AWESOME. perfect consistency, very strong coverage, and blends nicely. this is my favorite concealer by far and i found it at wal-mart! i highly recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meliss27

I really love this concealer. I have to say, I never really used a concealer prior to this stuff, and the only reason i even bought this stuff to begin with is a highly embarrassing story. On NYE this year after a long night of drinking I fell flat on my face right outside my apt building (and that is a very long story short lol) and had a really bad almost carpet burn like bruise on my whole cheek from making out with the pavement. Well, when i awoke sober the next day and saw my face i totally freaked out. Ran to CVS and saw this stuff (packaging says it covers bruises etc) so i figured I'd give it a try. Ok, now over my scrapes it was awful - but they were scrapes, uneven surface, so I should have known better. I wanted to find a use for it after my face healed up lol so i started using it under my eyes - and its perfect! Really brightens and although i dont have much of an issue with dark circles, it just makes the whole eye area lighter and brighter. A tiny little dab really does go a long way though so dont overdo it. Will keep on purchasing and cross my fingers that I dont get drunk enough to have to use it for what I initially purchased it for!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyistaken

My forehead has gone crazy and there are a few red marks on it, so I read some suggestions for concealer on MUA and decided to go out and try this. It did a really good job of masking the redness, it didn't completely make it disappear but it was way less visible. You only need a little bit to cover up marks and, like others have said, it's best to pat it on. The packaging is simple and sanitary. The coverage lasted for a long time: I applied it at about 6:00PM and it was slightly fading at 6:00AM.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BuddyTFT111000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an EXCELLENT concealer. It's the first concealer I've found that actually..... conceals! I have a couple dark freckles that are perfectly covered when I use this. I use Fair Light which looks great on my PPP skin. It is important to moisturize before using this. Then I simply use my ring finger and dab a minimal amount of the product on, then repeat. After that I put on my pur minerals foundation, then my powder, and I'm good to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xraygirl

LOVE LOVE LOVE! this concealer! I have yet to find a concealer (especially from PF) that covers up those pesky flaws like this one. I was hesitant on buying this at first (mostly because I had not checked it out on MUA first and almost didn't for that reason alone) - but I took a chance and am quite thankful I did. I think the only drawback, and I believe someone else said it, is if you have dry skin. It tends to bring it out...but easily worked out (for the most part) with some extra moisturizer. But I must say I did not once think about how my face looked all day, and if those pesky red marks were showing through...because when I caught glimpses in the mirror during the course of the day it looked the same as when I put it on. Great product. This will be my one and only concealer...until like most companies, they try and upgrade. This is one upgrade (IMO) they do not need to make...

*side note* part of the problem with the dryness issue I have is directly related to being on Retin A Micro...so it is not completely an issue with the concealer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Could not get this to work. Tried it under makeup, on top of makeup. Tried setting it with powder, leaving it alone, and mixing it with powder and applying it. It's not like I have a ginormous birthmark to cover - just some red spots. Forget putting it on top of any creams or sunscreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a good concealer for my acne scars and bought this based on the reviews here. I was pleasantly surprised. When it comes to coverage, I think it is a lot better than BB's Cream Concealer and MUFE's Full Cover. The only two things I don't like about it are 1. it really accentuates any dryness I have on my skin, and 2. it can easily make the concealed area look cakey if I'm not careful with it. A very small amount at a time is enough because the texture is creamy and thick. Smearing it while applying will cause that look so it's good to pat only. I'm around NC25, Asian, and I use soft yellow. There aren't many color choices but it seems to blend with my skin fine. I plan to keep repurchasing this until I can find something better. It's the first time in a while that a concealer is actually concealing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by AnnP30

Generally, I've always been disappointed with most drugstore concealers, but Physicians Formula Conceal Rx concealer was a pleasant surprise.

Like most PH products, it's less expensive than other name brands like Cover Girl or Revlon but the concealer works just as well--if not better. A little dab is all you need, and it lasts all day to help hide my age spot (I have one on my right cheek that I hate). What I love about Physicians Formula products is they deliver good products on a consistent basis at reasonable price. I recommend this to anyone looking for an effective concealer at a consumer-friendly price.