September 3, 2014 | 1373 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

I haven’t written a review for a while but I am really keen to write one for this foundation. I am a foundation junkie and have tried many different ones from high end to drugstore ones in various formulae liquid, powder, cream-to-powder – you name it. However, from every foundation I’ve used in 6 years I think that Bourjois 10 hr. Sleep Effect is my number one favourite! I am MAC NC 20/C2 and the lightest warm/neutral shade 72 Apricot Claire works fine. The texture of this foundation is so light that, like the other reviewer below has said, it makes you wonder if it will provide sufficient coverage. To my surprise, the light foundation that appears to absorb into your skin right away provide sufficient coverage for minor redness and imperfections. I have some dark acne scars and these need concealer. The finish is satin – not glittery or matte – just healthy looking complexion. This foundation merges with you skin – it looks so natural yet provide up to medium coverage – you don’t look made up but like you have great skin. And yes it makes your skin feel really soft and smooth. I have blemishes on my chin most of the time and this foundation does not aggravate them at all. It doesn’t change colour and lasts all day. I do have some dry patches which the foundation grabs on slightly (but this is minor compare to other foundations). The downside is that you will need powder touch ups during the day as this foundation does not absorb oil well. Girls with combination to dry skin will like this – anybody with oily skin will probably be better off with other matte foundations. Nevertheless I rate this higher that Armani LSF as this has longer lasting power and similar finish that doesn’t grab on the dry patches as much.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by gingery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried two shades of this foundation - the Rose Clair and the Apricot. The Rose Clar is slightly darker with a *bit* more of a pink undertone than the Apricot. I'm using the Apricot now which is a bit too light for my skin so I mix it with some Aloe Vera gel to lighten the coverage which works well.
    I don't notice the fragrance as much as the other reviewers so it doesn't bother me. I think this is a good, not-too-expensive foundation. Coverage is good and it stays on me. I think I'll try something different next time, since I'm looking for lighter coverage, but this is well-worth trying. Is about £10 in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by ivychen

i ve use this lovely foundation for about 4month.my t-zone is quite oily,btw.
    this foundation is easy to blend ,doesnt sit on the pore.
    but i dont like its smell ,it s old-fashioned smell can stay all day long .
    if you want a natural look and not care about the smell,it s the one you should buy

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ameyajy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation was OKAY. It was not too matte........I have many acnes and oily skin. Right after I finished my makeup, it looks sooooo good. It does look like i sleep more than 10 hours. BUT!!!!! As time goes by, the whole foundation is gone.............(well maybe it is because of my oily skin......) I might buy again but i want to try MAC SELECT LIQUID next time......

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by badgirlbaby

i really love this foundation. i have recently swapped from Matt Lovely, because i was looking for something a little lighter and less matte.

i have an extensive history with foundation, having tried everything from high end to dirt cheap market foundation and then various theatre makeup/professional makeup brands. as i started wearing foundation very young (14) i always wanted the palest shades available even though they werent my skin tone, but i thought it looked nicer in comparison to the overly yellow or orange based tones you are confronted with at every makeup counter. (also had an obsession with geishas, shhh!) im 19 now and for the past year have been weaning myself onto shades that match my natural skin tone (still quite light) which is why i LOVE bourjois!!

also dont be scared by my history!!! im constantly asked if im a makeup artist, even BY makeup artists!! just started young on the dramatic looks ;) so im learning backwards now- to look more natural and toned down.

- they have the best colors!!! their shades are never too pink or too yellow or too orange, they seem to get their tones just right - nothing horrible and extreme.

i picked 10hrs sleep up in rose clair, which is really cute but im not sure if its the right shade for me. i think that i would be better off with beige or apricot clair but honestly, again their colors are not too extreme so it doesnt make a huge difference, and this foundation blends so beautifully into my skin it really doesnt bother me at all.

- as chanels baby sister, this foundation is definately high quality and comfortable to wear, also long lasting (which is very important for my lifestyle). my skin didnt feel dry at all, neither did the foundation. it will last immaculately (with a light dusting of powder) for about 7-8hrs. if i do have to touch up after that time, its only really my nose + chin because of my oily t-zone.

- finish is natural and makes me look brighter... as others have said its not quite 10 hrs sleep but maybe those few more than 5 ;) also, dont be scared by how sheer it may seem when you test it in the store- it definately will even skin tone, covering up mild discolorations (eg. pink marks on cheeks, slightly darker skin near mouth/corners of nose, etc) and is also easily buildable. i apply with a latex sponge.

- i wear makeup every day so i found that this product is also good value, around the 30$ range in australia. as a full time student i wont have to shed any tears when it comes to repurchasing

- packaging is very cute although a clear case would be more convenient (to see when i do need to buy a new one) and the pump is a little high pressure but no real nervous breakdowns in relation to it haha. perfect handbag size.

- slight peachy smell which im loving, def not overpowering!!

sorry for the essay, but i just wanted to cover all bases!

i will totally be repurchasing this foundation. i really really hope they dont discontinue it!!!

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by leviigirl

I have only just purchased this product in the lightest shade and so far so good. I did apply a bit much because I didn't pay heed to the press-lightly suggestions, but it layered really well and has definately lasted well without overloading my oily tzone too much. I would only say that it does have a slightly chalky effect, but I will apply less next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by prettyelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Abricot Clair ~ which actually turned out perfect for my very pale skin - I've usually found it so hard to find a foundation which doesn't look too orangey for me. People with oily skin would likely consider this product too greasy or shiny for them; this dewy foundation fortunately works perfectly on me and is just dewy enough to look fresh-faced without overdoing it. Coverage is a few notches above average, with a beautiful, light-reflecting glow once fully applied. Although a concealer is still needed for full and perfect coverage for minor flaws and dark undereye circles, this is the kind of makeup that makes your skin look perfected without looking like you actually have any makeup on as it's texture is so easily and seamlessly applied without any blotching - amazing, and extremely natural result. I adored the fruity fragrance this has. Using this is perfect for the summer when liquid or mousse foundations can feel much too cakey in hot weather. Will definitely be stocking up on this! :) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 4:25:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this due to the good reviews and the excellent shade match for my skin (Abricot Clair). It also went on pretty smoothly. However it is VERY fragranced and immediately made my skin tingle and itch - an hour later I was bright red and uneven textured. This is probably great if you aren't sensitive to fragrance though. I've got a bottle to swap now - what a waste of cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:42:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

For reference I have NC30-ish combo skin with some visible pores on my cheeks. As I've got older I have started using heavier makeup and my current going out staple is Revlon's Age Defying (in Sand Beige) which look really good in photos and gives a longlasting flawless look, diminishes the look of pores. And for everyday wear I have been using CG Smoother tinted moisturizer which is easy to use and evens out my complexion a bit, not heavy and lets my skin breathe. Although both work well for their purpose I found that I wasn't happy anymore. The greedy foundation monster was rearing its head again! I've had my eye on this 10hr Sleep Effect foundation for a while but since it doesn't have SPF I couldn't wear it since I don't have SPF in my day cream (can't tolerate most day creams with SPF). But now that I've finally found an SPF day cream I could wear, I went straight out and bought one of these babies! Well, not as straightforward as that since Boots is doing a special offer and I went to at least 5 Boots before I found one that stocked it in the right shade (Beige Clair)! I've been wearing this foundation for the past few days and I'm very happy with it. It's easy to use, covers enough, hides pores, brightens skin and gives a natural healthy glow... kind of like I've had 10 hours sleep! My skin looks much younger too since it isn't masky! This is a happy medium between the 2 staple foundations I've been using and I'm glad it's also doing some good to my skin since it has vitamins in it. I say I will repurchase because it is very good... but I have never repurchased the same foundation so far... :P

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by amysplat

this is a very light foundation, has a brightening effect. it feels a bit sticky on my skin.