December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

It's OK, quite a nice lip balm really. I just wish I hadn't got the pomegranate one as I don't really like the smell/taste...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ashkoala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not normally so at odds with a majority of reviewers, but I am on this one. I don't find this moisturizing at all. My lips are pretty dry, and I apply lip balm a lot, and I'm a stickler for a balm that makes my lips feel quenched and hydrated. This did neither. I'm not sure that it dried them out, but it didn't do hydrate them, either. This was the product that made me finally give up on the Burt's Bees brand. I'm consistently underwhelmed by their products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this lipbalm! Very moisturizing and hydrating. Perfect as a night-treatment and it works very well under makeup. It also feel like it plumps my lips a bit, because of the spices, which gives it a lovely scent! But when it gets into my mouth, which all lipproducts does, it gives such a bad after-taste! And I feel like it gives me a really bad breath. It's a pity, as its a lovely balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lip balm. I prefer the Burt's Bees lip balm with clove oil though. I like the way it leaves my lips, but the pomegrante oil is my second favorite. I have Dermatillomania (impulse control disorder that makes me pick the skin off my lips). The Burt's Bees lip balms really help restore my lips, since lip smackers and soft lips dont really help. (:

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by mairynB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful smell. I love pomegranate, which is why I bought this lip balm, but unfortunately like a lot of other Burt's Bees products I've tried, it smells baddd. It seemed moisturising enough, but the lingering bad smell drove me crazy. I could smell it while it was on my lips, which I hated so I washed it off. After wearing it once I let my mum have it.
I hate how Burt's Bees products are hit-or-miss in the scent department. They either smell awful, like this product & several of their hand creams, or they smell delicious like the lemon cuticle creme.
Also - dislike the packaging. But then again, in my eyes most of Burt's Bees' packaging is ugly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

Would have given this a 5 if it had SPF in it. Other than that, I LOVE this. Gives my lips a hint of sheer pink color and smells great. On my 3rd stick of this already. As far as moisturizing goes, I really don't use it for that. In the winter when my lips are dry and cracked I use something heavier. I usually put this on before I go out if not wearing lipstick or lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this Burt's Bees lip balm way more than the original one. This for me, is very moisturizing and I have very dry lips prone to flaking. I find that the moisture lasts longer than the original. The original one is actually drying. This is one is a tinted lip balm with a reddish-pink tone. Some people say it doesn't give any colour but it does on my lips. You can't expect it to have lipstick quality colour, it is only lip balm. If I swatch this on the back of my hand some colour does show. Maybe other people who say there isn't any colour have darker or more pigmented skin. Overall, I will re-buy this, and I have since it moisten my lips. Only downside is that there is no spf, but I use a separate one for sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find it funny that people are saying this tints their lips red...it does not...I mean , I have tested it on my hand , it is seriously clear. Great moisturizer ...it's beeswax ...there is a slight scent , kinda fruity , very faint. I did not know that this balm has no peppermint scent/flavor...I was kinda surprised...but it's nice.Works well under make-up. I love both the regular balm and this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jazsmaz102

Definitely increased my need for chapstick. I love this lip balm, not only because it keeps my lips fresh and healthy, but the pomegranate oil tint gives my lips a cute red shade. Personally, it acts like a lip balm and gloss for me, without that "glossy", greasy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Taizk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate the smell and taste, very artificial, perfum-y like ...
Very oily and not moisturizing enough.