April 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet PLUS Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by clauroar

I am a mac NC 30-35, for this one i'm a #45 (i have some pink undertones and i don't love very yellow-y foundations) and if you love a full coverage foundation: this one is perfect for you!

At first i didn't like it because i didn't know how to blend it correctly...i use either a stippling brush (the biggest one from mac) a beauty blender (for a more light coverage) or the best one is to use your own fingers. it doesn't look cakey on me, you don't have to use a lot of powder, just on the special spots that u usually shine after a couple of hours.

the foundation is not that runny, its more on the dense side without it feeling like u have a mask on.

i would recommend this foundation for anyone who loves a seamless/airbrushed look and advise those who have it and hate it to change their application routine to those that i have mentioned above.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the summer because I work outside all day with little kids. I purchased it online and decided to go with #35 which is PERFECT for my light-medium skin with neutral undertones. For reference, I am NC30-5 and MUFE HD foundation in #125.
This is definitely a full coverage foundation, which I like. You know those pulsing pimples you get around that time of the month? This covers it. Light acne scarring or hyper pigmentation...this covers it. The pimples that you (shouldn't but already) picked so they get all dry and crusty? This covers it! Just pat it on instead of rubbing it in.
I have normal/combo skin but tend to get a little bit more oily in the summer and this keeps my face dewy all day long even in very humid weather. It also goes along very well with my MSFN Medium Dark which tends to make someone oilier than usual but not for me! Poreless perfection all day long.
I like the squeeze tube because you can somewhat control how much product you want. I find myself reaching for this quite often but I do use my MUFE HD foundation for going out because I'm not sure how this one photographs.
As for application, I used to use a stippling brush but now I find it easier just to use my fingers and kind of pat it on. It blends in seamlessly with my skin.
I would recommend & buy this again. Price is around $36...add a couple of Jack Black lip balms to your cart and you'll get free shipping from sephora.com!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this foundation after hearing great things about it, I was hoping it would be a good summer foundation since I get extra oily during hot weather. Unfortunately I was not impressed with this formula. Far from being matte, I was shiny within an hour and just plain oily within 3 to 4. Also it oxidized pretty badly and I started looking orange! I wear a mask at work, and I found that this foundation rubbed off easily onto the mask. I much prefer the MUFE face and body, lightweight, transfer resistant, doesnt oxidize and I actually had to blot less with that foundation than the mat velvet plus which is going back to sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I'm an nc30 in mac and I got this in #35 which suited me perfectly. I got this mainly because it's water resistant and I still like to wear foundation in the summer to work despite being in the northeast and having 90 degree temps. This is expensive very expensive but I personally feel it's worth it. Its $34 for 1.1fl oz which is what you get with all other foundations. It comes in a little squeezey tube which I love, I just squeeze little dots onto my face and blend with my foundation brush and it leaves a flawless finish every time. I think that I've found my go to foundation for the summer. As far as being water resistant im almost positive it is, I've had some hot days at work and at the end od the day when i look in the mirror it still looks like when ive first applied it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this foundation. I am in shade 15 which may be a little to light for me, but not to big of a deal. I have bright red cheeks that aren't really attractive and this covers them up with a little bit of my Clinique Redness Solutions base. I do think that you try this foundation in your Sephora before buying this foundation because it is pricey at $36

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by philippines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive. Does not completely mattify the face but helps to keep it less oily for few hours. Not tight on skin, natural finish (given that it's full coverage), tolerable scent and does not cause breakouts (maybe for some but not for me or my clients or my other makeup artist friends).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my go-to foundation. i have really oily skin and this foundation really manages my skin well. this sets on my face about an hour after application and although it starts out matte, after about 4 hours, my makeup starts to look dewy, glowy and healthy which i love.

other reasons why i love this:
-this never broke me out (i break out sometimes with MAC foundations)
-this gives me full coverage without the cakey feel
-it receives cream or powder blush really well that i do not need to reapply blush.

this has been a staple for me that i have one bottle in my gym bag and another on my makeup dresser. will buy this again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Scruffy892

I've been on a foundation hunt lately and didn't realize how hard it would be to find a truly full coverage foundation. For reference, I consider Simply Ageless cream to be actual full coverage. So you can see how I might be disappointed in this. I consider it to be medium-plus--if you build it.

Pros: Nice neutral colors (I'm about a MAC 15, I used 25), EXTREMELY easy to use and blend. You can build and build and build--up to a point (see cons), and the finish still looks great--it simply refuses to cake. It's a powder finish--if you had really good powder. Hypoallergenic (I am sensitive--some make me itch or get red). Feels good on--more like powder than liquid. I have combo skin and my spots did not get oily. Very little transfer to clothes, phone, or kleenex (this impresses me).

Cons: This is supposed to be full coverage, but I had to use a lot of (expensive) product to build up to cover ALMOST everything I needed to cover. (That little tiny tube is not going to go a long way.) And one time I must have gone too far because I actually got a crack in it. That was the last straw. Sad as my application technique is (I really just slap it on), I have NEVER gotten a crack in my makeup before. The weird thing is, the finish still looked flawless, except for the crack running through it. Some people could find this finish to be too dry for their taste.

I really liked this foundation--especially the ease of use and the finish. It's as close to being fool-proof as I have found. The bottom line is that I have to have more coverage than this offers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. For reference I am oily with acne prone skin, NC30 and #35 fits me perfectly. It can look a bit light sometimes in the sunlight but a little bronzer helps with that. This foundation is semi thick and can look kinda cakey if applied in certain ways. It is a medium coverage but it is buildable but only if you know how to build it correctly. The only thing I don't like about this foundation is that although I feel the staying powder is good, by the time I wipe my face with a makeup remover, there's barely any foundation that is on my face to be wiped off. I usually mix the foundation with a spritz of fix+ to thin it out and apply the first layer with a flat top brush. If I have darker acne scars or want a fuller coverage, I do the same thing again to ensure that the foundation doesn't cake up on me. It takes a bit to dry and I would suggest a setting powder. Overall, I really like this foundation when I apply it the way I described. Even though by the end of the day and not much foundation is left on my face, the foundation manages to fade in a way where it still made my skin look nicer than if it was bare. Would and have repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is ok. I was hoping this was going to be the answer to my incredibly oily skin but its not. It does control the oil a little better than other foundations but not as much as I'd like. Ok, I admit I have the oiliest skin of everyone I know (I literally blot every 2 hours) so if you're skin isn't as oily as mine then this product may be better for you. I use 30 and it matches my skin pretty well... however I don't think this foundation photographs well on me. It makes my face looks super white.