December 21, 2014 | 1177 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start with, I commend Make Up Forever for the wonderful packaging on this product. I can get the perfect amount of product every time I use it. I found a shade that is almost an exact match to my skin (#25), without much hassle like I've experienced with other foundations. As for mattifying my skin, it does stay matte for about four hours and then my face is oily again. I don't mind though because I've experienced this with every foundation I've tried. It doesn't oxidize on me, which is something I've also had trouble with when I used other foundations. Maybe it would stay matte longer if I set it with some powder, but usually I'm in such a hurry that I can't be bothered. This foundation blends very nicely (I use Sephora's Pro Flawless Airbrush #56), and I find the coverage to be medium to full. I personally don't find that the coverage is easily buildable for me at least, it looks very cakey when I try to build it up. I gave this product four stars because it works for me, but it still has some disadvantages. I can deal with some oil as long as the foundation matches my skin nicely and blends beautifully, but depending on how oily your skin is, it may not work at all for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried it and didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. I'm in the shade 120, and it was a pretty good match. HOWEVER, after only 20 minutes, I was an oompah-loompah orange, without primer. With primer, it lasted 2 hours before I was orange again. It was also too matte for me. Staying power was ok however, hence the not so low rating. I know a lot of people like it, but it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Poikal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been lurking makeupalley for EVER (2 years) trying to find foundations concealers and skincare items for my delicate and sensitive skin. Little background, i have used every chanel foundation, bobbi brown, laura mercer, cle de peau, lancome and i still love this one =. i have had moderate to bad acne in my teen years and i have almost perfect skin right now but still have red marks all over from previous picking and scarring etc. I have been using mat plus for ever and it has not broken me out in the 2 years i have used it and it keeps my whole face matte with the exception of my nose but i use white clay as a powder just for my nose and it stays totally matte all day and night. (just plain white clay used for masks) this might be too hardcore for some but i find id rather have a tight feeling on my nose than be a slippery oily mess.

for the people who say this sticks to dry spots just because it is wintertime i have found i have dry skin but i recommend wearing a serum or light gel moisturizer under the parts that are dry and there shouldn't be a problem.

overall this has been a staple for me i am in the colour #15. PS. i often mix my foundation with lancome's tent idole 24hr in 101 (i think? lightest colour) if i want my skin to look totally perfect (its a bit too much for daytime) and it stays put all night. hope this helps someone!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by rrrrbravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this product because of all the good things I have heard/read about it, and Make Up For Ever in general. I was totes let down though. It WAY accentuates the dry patches on my cheeks, and didn't mattify my T-zone at all. The only good thing about it was that shade 20 was perfect, and I really liked the packaging. I really need that full coverage look for my post-acne marks, but I found the coverage was just OK...I don't know WHY I even try to stray from my Estee Lauder DW. My mom even commented on how crappy my face looked compared to when I wear DW. That is and probably will always be my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by xxkelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A GUY in my office just told me my skin looks great today. That's what prompted me to write this review. I struggle with oily skin and I'm always looking for new products to help cope. I actually bought this stuff about a year ago and hated it. Thank goodness I put in in my train case instead of tossing it in the garbage. I gave it another shot a few weeks ago when I ran out of MUFE HD. This time I tried applying with a brush instead of my fingers.

I dot this all over my face, spray my brush (UD Optical Blurring) with UD All-Nighter Setting Spray, and blend away... I get the most flawless finish! After a little bit of concealer (Maybelline Age-Rewind), I set everything with MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder in their universal shade.

Yet again I've cut down on the blotting! Will continue to use this stuff for sure! For reference, I have been matched to NW25 at MAC (though felt it was slightly pink), MUFE HD in 125, and shade #40 in MUFE Mat Velvet Plus.

Hope this helps!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lindzmcm4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have acne-prone, oily and scarred skin then I highly recommend this full coverage foundation. It lasts all day and after a couple hours and my natural oils start to come through I do not look greasy, but healthy! It looks natural and does not feel nearly as heavy as something like ELDW, which made me feel like I had a mask on. It blended out beautifully with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. My only gripe is the price, but since it doesn't break me out and since I don't have to think about it once I apply it I will continue to repurchase. I also love that it does not contain SPF. Give it a try!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by PrisVal03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this foundation because it is a matte foundation and I do have oily skin, I went to sephora and they color matched me to the number 30..well I got home and put it on the next day and it looked horrible I have a warm undertone and this foundation looked pink on me, it did not look good at all. It was super heavy on my skin and looked extremely cakey. I've had it in my make up drawer for months and have only used it maybe twice, it was a waste of money and I will definitely not repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ggarcia

I don't know why this product has a 61%, it should be higher!!! i j ust started using this 1 week ago and while it might be too soon for some people to do a review, it's not soon for me, since i have acne prone skin and if my skin does not like something, it doesnt take a week to react to it. it takes one day! I have been a Revlon Colorstay Fan for years! bottle after bottle, and although i really like it, i tried this one because it's supposed to be mattifying and have more of a yellow undertone, i caved in and purchased it. It was $24 for me because I bought it at Nigel's and I get the make up artist discount, YAY!! Anyway on to the review, I LOVE IT! It covers really well. it is mattiying but it still has a subtle glow to the skin and it really gives you a true to skin appearance. it doesnt look like you have a caked on face and i love overall the consistency, color and finish of it. My oil is controlled with this foundation. I also started using the banana poudre by Ben Nye and yes that's another review, but both together=AMAZING! yes yes I WILL re-purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by JMarie580

I have a love affair with this foundation! I have been using this foundation for 3 years and it is seriously my go-to foundation. I have combo skin that leans on the side of oily and I'm super blemish prone so I have to be careful with what I put on my face. This product has never caused me to breakout, which is major! Also, this foundation keeps the oil at bay although I do have to use a setting powder on top. It provides medium to full coverage that you can definitely build to full coverage if you need to cover blemishes or anything like that. I'm so glad I found this foundation and I can wear it for an 8 hour workday or for a night out and it doesn't budge unlike the MUFE hd foundation. Minus one star though because during the winter months the foundation is a little on the drying side so you have to use a really good moisturizer underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by laawhitegirl

I have pretty oily skin so when I first started using makeup and foundations, I was pretty excited to find this foundation. However this is that foundation that is so easy to look cakey with. I know its matte but I think when you put it on after a while it dries up on you.

I try to mix this foundation with others. For example my revlon color stay is too dark for me in the winter so I mix it with this foundation to lighten it up.