October 22, 2014 | 1520 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for years before switching to regular antiperspirants. Now I want to switch back to the crystal. I use this now as well as Kiss My Face liquid rock. It does work very well at controlling odor. I don't really care about sweat as long as I smell fresh since I don't tend to be pouring sweat anyway. I was very concerned that it wouldn't work as even traditional antiperspirants need reapplication for me during the day. I was very surprised that the crystal does work so well. I can't remember why I ever stopped using it because it's great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 5:36:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got a solid stick of this in a plastic roll-on type container made by a company called Pit-Rok and its amazing. I wish I'd found out about it years ago. a quick rub on damp armpits in the morning and it keeps smells away all day. works on feet too, I think it just works against bacteria which cause the smell. it doesn't block pores so you still sweat. I thought I'd have to use something extra in the hot weather but I find its better on its own. I paid 6 for a 100g lump which will last me for years and years. also I like the fact that your clothes don't get all gunked up like they do with cream or roll on type deodorants. highly recommend to anyone. (I've had no rashes and have had reactions to some anti-perspirants in the past particularly Right Guard).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 2:50:00 AM More reviews by blondestfluff

I was very skeptical about this stuff and I never really needed it. Then all of the sudden I started having a problem with underarm odor- probably hormones or something- and not a single deodorant would help- I tried everything from SureDry to Mitchum and Secret Platnium... Finally, if I use the roll-on Crystal Deodorant right after I get out of the shower and then put on my regular Secret Platnium after it's dry I don't have any problem with odor all day long. This stuff is amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the version that looks like a big block of salt. First off, this stuff is awesome. One block has lasted me 2 years. Yes, 2 years. Now I need a new one because its getting too small, and it broke off from the plastic container. You just wet the block and rub it on. No residue. No scent. You still sweat with this, but it wont smell, which I think is a lot healthier than clogging your pores with aluminum-filled anti-perspirants. I'll definitely buy this again. This is a great deal, 6 bucks and it lasts for years. This is so weird, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by missm88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have been through many solids and roll-ons -secret, mitchum, arrid, ban, degree - they will work for about a week, then i start to develop this 'musty' smell... i use dial or lever 2000 soap under my arms, so i *am* clean...

i have just started using the roll-on of this along with certain dry at night - so far i love it!! i'm dry and non-stinky! i will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 8:57:00 PM More reviews by feri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the roll-on and I have to say that this stuff is amazing. It looks like clear watery gel in the bottle and it applies like liquid, obviously. I had high doubts that it would be enough in terms of odor-control, since I sweat like a mofo (how girly) but it really does work. Like another poster, I use Certain Dri the night before and use this the next morning to prevent any stinkiness, should I happen to start sweating. And it works! It was $3.99 for the roll-on, I found it at a health food store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Daisycloud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 7 years and haven't strayed! That's really very good for me since I'm usually quite fickle with my products because I can't help but wonder if there's something better out there. It really does what it promises but once in a long while, for no particular reason, I will just stink a little even though I've used it. Like another user has mentioned, I suspect this might be giving me a rash in a small area by one armpit but it's nothing a little hydrocotisone cream can't fix. One complaint about this product is that the base of the crystal eventually dissoves and the whole rock just falls out of the holder. I've tried both the spray version and the roll-on version, but neither of them seem to last half as long as the actual crystal. The only other problem with this product is that although it is natural, the crystal will sting an open wound or cut if it touches it. Overall, I wouldn't give up this baby for anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by adensmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am using the Crystal brand crystal deodorant, but it has the same ingredients, mineral salts, as this one. I've been using it for about two weeks, and it has been really hot here. I decided to throw it to the sharks and see if it swam, plus I'm a stay at home mom, so if it didn't work it's not like I'm stuck in an office with other poor souls. So it's been really hot here, and so far I've been thrilled with this stuff. I had one day where I was smelly, and I would have been, I think, worse if I had used my regular deodorant. For the last year or so conventional deodorants have been mixing with my own scent to produce something even more unpleasant than if I wore nothing at all. Like just sour, after a couple hours.
It is not an antiperspirant, so it does nothing for wetness, but after I really started researching this product I came to the conclusion that perspiration is your bodys natural coolant, and if you are suppressing that under your arms, then that perspiration is going to come out somewhere else. So while your pits may smell okay, there are other areas of your body that may not be so lucky. I have found that I am less sweaty everywhere now that I'm not blocking my underarms.
What the mineral salts do is kill the bacteria that your perspiration causes. It goes to the root of the problem. I have never had a big problem with wetness, my problem has always been smell, so it really is doing well for me. And my husband has been using it, in the spray formulation, and he does mans work, lifting very heavy things all day long, and he is liking it too. Neither of us are walking around with big wet underarms. So while it may not work for some, it is worth a try if you are also having unpleasant results with conventional deodorants. Edited to add-You have to use it right out of the shower, before you have any chance to sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by saoirse1561

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated with this product for a long time, thinking it was just a bit too weird to try. (And at $6 I thought it was overpriced too) ... But my sensitive skin started reacting badly to many products and I decided to give it a shot - and now I'm thrilled that I did.

I'm a big fan of natural products, and the fact that this one works just as well as it claims is a big plus! It really does leave you smelling fresh all day long and last a long time!

The price is right on target, as this deodorant really will last for at least a year (mine is on year two and I just bought another one to replace it soon).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 12:36:00 AM More reviews by crys20

I read about this product so many times before and I finally got to try it. I use this at night and an anti-persp. when I'm out of the house. This keeps the odor away under my arms and on my feet. When I finish this, I'll definatly buy another. Also, the rock makes a definate conversation piece for the bathroom.