Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

It seems like I've tried every brand of non-aluminum deoderant... and they ranged from gross (Nature's Gate in the orange container- like a sweat sock scented cake of vaseline) to fine, (men's Speed Stick, but it bothered me that I had to buy a men's product in order to avoid aluminum. Plus, it makes you smell like you're a boy wearing too much cologne...) THEN, I got the toiletry tip of the decade from none other than Howard Stern, who swore this stuff works. And it does. No odor, no creepy residue, and unscented, so it won't clash with your fragrance. It doesn't need fragrance, because it doesn't need to hide b.o., because there is none! Excellent product. Armpits rejoice!

on 7/9/2006 2:00:00 PM

This stuff is incredible! I began searching for a natural deodorant and after trying all the bad ones - some itchy, some sticky, all completely ineffective, I logged on here and found out about this deodorant. I bought it in the roll-on and have been using it for over a month now. It's the best! It works all day while remaining kind to my very sensitive skin and there's no nasty white mess to speak of. The only time it starts to fail is after I do a long bike ride but really, nothing can hold up to that! I still smell loads better than my husband. :) Overall, I think I'm hooked for life on this stuff and I would use it even without the scare of the aluminum causing cancer in the antiperspirants.

UPDATE 6/2008 - yeah... just kidding. Back to my old Dove stuff as I got increasinly stinky with this stuff and having wet pits all the time really irritated my skin. Oh well.

on 7/6/2006 1:23:00 PM

I have the Crystal Sitck deodorant in the purple twist-up tube. I've been using it for a few months with excellent results. I think it was $7 or $8, but there was a good Long's Drugs rebate at the time. I used a similar product in the late 90s, but it was a rock/ball with a little dish, and it weirded me out at the time, though it worked. Anyway, with breast cancer on both sides of my family, I thought it best not to add chemicals to the lymph area so nearby, and this was my solution. I just smell like me--no stench at all. I was super concerned about this burning after I shaved, but I haven't felt even a minor sting yet. Plus, without all those parabens and other ingredients attacking them all day, my underarms have such newly soft skin! Now that it's summer, I'm totally going to rub this all over my feet before skipping socks. Update 8/30/06: It quit working for me! I went to Florida in July, and opted to use my old Secret Platinum since I knew the wetness would be overpowering, and now when I use my beloved Crystal Stick, I stink in a few hours! Oh, I cheated on it, and now it's paying me back. I'm not sure what to do--does anyone have any suggestions? I've been alternating between this and the Avalon Organics roll-on lavender deodorant in hopes of wooing it back, but so far, no good results. Update 6/11/07: I tried again with this, realizing that I had to get the antiperspirant out of my pores before it would work. For at least a week, I used a scrub on my underarms, shaved them everyday, and then went back to the crystal rock. Sigh. Stink-heaven, even when paired with the Tom's of Maine deodorant. I kept up this regiment for a few weeks, (smelling horrible after about two hours each morning) but I finally have to concede that I've been beaten, and search for something else. continued >>

on 7/6/2006 11:45:00 AM

I have the Pit-Rok solid crystal deodorant push up stick and I think it is fantastic. Will never go back to regular deodorants. Although this does not promise to keep you dry, I find that it's never a problem anyway, even in summer. Something about not preventing perspiration seems to allow your body to use it's natural cooling system (the point of perspiration anyway) and you just don't get so hot, therefore you perspire less... I have never in the few years I have been using it had wet patches due to perspiration. I love the way you feel really comfortable and fresh underarm instead of that slightly stiff dried out feeling you get with antiperspirants. I have been using the same stick for nearly two years so it's very ecomical also. I have not had any odour either, even after applying in the morning and doing sport in the evening with no fresh application, still no odour afterwards. Highly recommend!

on 7/4/2006 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used this product for years before switching to regular antiperspirants. Now I want to switch back to the crystal. I use this now as well as Kiss My Face liquid rock. It does work very well at controlling odor. I don't really care about sweat as long as I smell fresh since I don't tend to be pouring sweat anyway. I was very concerned that it wouldn't work as even traditional antiperspirants need reapplication for me during the day. I was very surprised that the crystal does work so well. I can't remember why I ever stopped using it because it's great!

on 7/4/2006 5:36:00 AM

I've got a solid stick of this in a plastic roll-on type container made by a company called Pit-Rok and its amazing. I wish I'd found out about it years ago. a quick rub on damp armpits in the morning and it keeps smells away all day. works on feet too, I think it just works against bacteria which cause the smell. it doesn't block pores so you still sweat. I thought I'd have to use something extra in the hot weather but I find its better on its own. I paid 6 for a 100g lump which will last me for years and years. also I like the fact that your clothes don't get all gunked up like they do with cream or roll on type deodorants. highly recommend to anyone. (I've had no rashes and have had reactions to some anti-perspirants in the past particularly Right Guard).

I was very skeptical about this stuff and I never really needed it. Then all of the sudden I started having a problem with underarm odor- probably hormones or something- and not a single deodorant would help- I tried everything from SureDry to Mitchum and Secret Platnium... Finally, if I use the roll-on Crystal Deodorant right after I get out of the shower and then put on my regular Secret Platnium after it's dry I don't have any problem with odor all day long. This stuff is amazing!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the version that looks like a big block of salt. First off, this stuff is awesome. One block has lasted me 2 years. Yes, 2 years. Now I need a new one because its getting too small, and it broke off from the plastic container. You just wet the block and rub it on. No residue. No scent. You still sweat with this, but it wont smell, which I think is a lot healthier than clogging your pores with aluminum-filled anti-perspirants. I'll definitely buy this again. This is a great deal, 6 bucks and it lasts for years. This is so weird, but it works.

on 6/16/2006 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

i have been through many solids and roll-ons -secret, mitchum, arrid, ban, degree - they will work for about a week, then i start to develop this 'musty' smell... i use dial or lever 2000 soap under my arms, so i *am* clean...

i have just started using the roll-on of this along with certain dry at night - so far i love it!! i'm dry and non-stinky! i will definitely buy again.

on 1/12/2006 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have the roll-on and I have to say that this stuff is amazing. It looks like clear watery gel in the bottle and it applies like liquid, obviously. I had high doubts that it would be enough in terms of odor-control, since I sweat like a mofo (how girly) but it really does work. Like another poster, I use Certain Dri the night before and use this the next morning to prevent any stinkiness, should I happen to start sweating. And it works! It was $3.99 for the roll-on, I found it at a health food store.

Video Reviews & Tutorials