October 1, 2014 | 1338 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by munyurika

I love this yogurt, it made my skin super soft and made me feel a little better about my acne. I told my mom to try it but it did nothing on her except it gave her a pimple. I guess it only work on certain people =/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by laurenganw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm gonna try this mask tomorrow. Does it work better with honey & lime? I've sensitive skin (i think :S) so i'm a lil scared with this idea. BUT EXCITED TOO! Do i still need to use toner and moisturizer after using the mask?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love a yoghurt mask I do!...just take a tablespoon of full fat organic yoghurt, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of organic or manuka honey works every time and my skin feels baby soft afterwards much better than a clay mask I think as these can feel tight and uncomfortable( and I dunno about you but it takes me nearly 10 mins to wash off!) Oh and I whole heartedly agree with Janice do it everyday for that baby softness...im 26 and people think i'm 18 or 19...not bad for the sake of a daily yogurt cleanse :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by SwissMiss528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the encouraging reviews on here, I decided to try this, as well as a sea salt mask twice a day. I bought Greek yogurt, because it's thicker and stays on the face easier. The only one they had left at the store was honey vanilla. There's no actual honey in it (which was a disappointment, as honey works very well on my skin) but there WAS lemon juice, which also makes my skin glow and purges the pores. I applied it and it stayed PUT, then I let it sit for about 1/2 hour. I'd applied it quite thick, so it took a while to wash off, but when it did come off, my skin felt amazingly soft, clean and refreshed. My pores had gotten smaller after a few minutes, too. Will definitely keep buying this! The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it needs to be refrigerated, and I usually don't use it all up before it expires because there's so much in one cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read Janice Dickinsons book and in it she mentioned that she uses yogurt to wash her face daily. So I decided to buy some yogurt and try it as a mask.
Ah-mazing. My skin is extremly oily but after my new fav mask it felt very clean and really soft. A very cheap way to have baby soft skin...love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by hayleysurley

after looking at all the reviews i really wanted this to be my miracle product. i wanted this to (for me) replace oatmeal masks. but it didnt. it felt nice enough and smothed my skin a bit but really didnt help my pimples and wasnt anything special. just in case i have decided to use this for one week but so far nothing special. just a alright mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kerish345

This is just day too of my experimen
Ingredients: Juice of 1 carrot(half is just as good for a thicker formula)
1 tablespoon Yogurt( I got non fat bcus it was teh cheapest and I didnt notice until I got home )
1 tablespoon sour cream.
Optional: lemon juice to help improve the brightening power.
Mix!! refridgerate:
I use it as a moisturizer at nights following my serum and during the day when I am home.
Could be used as a mask as well
My skin looked bright and toned in 1 day !
N.B another method is to boil ,mash and combine carrots with other ingredients,,,,this works best for a mask

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by BolshoiBallerina

I really wanted this to work, MUA, I really did. The reviews were glowing and I thought that this would be my best bet for a hydrating mask. I read all the reviews and decided on my weapon of choice: full fat, organic Stonyfield yogurt from Whole Foods. This stung and irritated my sensitive skin on first contact but I decided to power through. Bad decision. I broke out into a rash the next day. I was hoping for a cheaper replacement for my Korres yogurt mask, but it just wasn't meant to be. YMMV I guess. MUA-ers with sensitive skin: if this didn't work for you, try the Korres. It's pricey but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. It has all the benefits of the yogurt mask (hydrated, glowy skin) without the burning.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by FillerbunnyBuddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yogurt is a little gem of a beauty secret. Mix it with a bit of flour to thicken it if you don't want it to drip everywhere at first. It cools your skin and leaves it luxuriously soft. Cleopatra knew what she was doing by bathing in milk! Great to calm the redness of acne and it helps soothe the pain of waxing also. All for petty change! Try this, what have you got to lose?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love using yogurt as a face mask! I use a plain, full fat yogurt from Whole Foods...a big tub of their brand yogurt was less than $2. They also sell plain yogurt in tubs at Target I know, in the grocery section, so it's pretty easy to find if you have a Target near you.

So for me, yogurt is awesome. My skin tends to get red, and I have dry cheeks that will cause breakouts, I guess from my skin being so dry there? Definitely not from oil. But anyway, I like using yogurt as a mask because it cools my skin down tremendously, feels amazing, very soothing and leaves my skin even in tone and the lactic acid in it eats up the dry skin! It's just awesome.

I've tried putting honey in the yogurt a few different times, but found that my skin would start to tingle, itch, burn...and left my cheeks a bit red after rinsing off. I've also had this problem using avocado on my face (except even more so with the avocado). SO I think if you have sensitive skin like me, humectants aren't such a great thing to mix with the yogurt.
However, I've had no problems whatsoever just using the yogurt plain by itself. If you get the full fat yogurt, it will stick to your face pretty well- no drippiness! Just be sure it's patted down with your hand so nothing's hanging off and it shouldn't drip.

It may sound funny but I even applied my yogurt mask to my face this morning before working out to a workout dvd and it stayed on fine! I only do a light 20 minute workout in the morning so not sweating very much, but the yogurt stayed put. I did wait about 5 minutes before starting so the yogurt had time to dry a bit. I'm sure I looked ridiculous but when I was done, and rinsed off my face, my skin was calm, even and a bit glowy! I love you yogurt mask...

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No