December 18, 2014 | 1638 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I understand the rationale behind putting yogurt on your face. I like the idea of a no chemical, natural beauty treatment. I love the price, the fact that it is right there in the fridge whenever I am ready. What I could NOT stand was the smell. I don't eat yogurt, it sort of gags me, and the smell is not very pleasant to me either. Having it spread all over my face was not a nice experience. After about two minutes I had had enough and ran to wash it off before it made me throw up.

I think I will stick to the organic honey mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by gudruncaffrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always thought putting food on my face was just a gimmick. Hello! Yogurt. Plain full-fat, already in my fridge so what the hey, I'll try it.

LOVELY.

A heaping tablespoon. 10-15 minutes. Very nice, soft and cool skin. Will do this regularly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I have sensitive normal/combo oily skin which reacts to most skincare products on the market, which is why I always go natural when it comes to skincare masks. I use natural probiotic low fat yogurt (whatever you use, make sure it's natural) and have no problems with it dripping off my face. It's very runny in texture, but does not drip at all.

I use 1 tablespoon of yogurt and apply on my face with a clean foundation brush, leave it on for 20-30 mins and rinse off. My skin feels very soft and plump immediately after washing off. I don't think yogurt does much in 'healing' blemishes, but it will soothe them, which is nice if you have any painful cystic spots around that time of the month!
It's the lactic acid in the yogurt which soothes any irritation or blemishes. It's also what helps soften the skin.

You can add other ingredients like lemon (if you want a soothing skin lightening mask), honey (if you're having problems with blemishes) or olive oil (if you want some extra skin hydration) and so on to your yogurt mask for some extra pampering.

Overall I do not think this is a miracle worker, but it does work well and will give you nice, soothed, smooth skin. I do a yogurt mask 3 times a week on average, but you can do it however many times a week you want. Best thing is - it's cheap and natural. What's not to like?!

NOTE: If you are allergic to dairy products or alpha and beta hydroxy acids, don't use yogurt as a mask. If it burns or pains your skin in any kind, this shows you have an allergy or sensitivity to the yogurts active ingredients & live cultures. So make sure you rinse it off ASAP and don't use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by makeup_lover6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been eating yogurt for years and love it to, I never knew it could do so much for your skin!! I had alot of small red pimples around my mouth and chin and was looking for natural solutions as my skin is sensitive and topical creams from the dermatologist are usually too harsh:( I saw the yogurt mask and was veryy interested! I tried it right away and WOW it does work! It looks funny when its on your face and expecially when it dries- your skin is completely white. Also kinda smells bad (because its yogurt). But after washing it off and waiting probably about 10 mins, wow my skin looked so refreshed and redness was definetly reduced! Areas where my skin was already clear (under my eyes & cheeks) looked incredible! I love the yogurt mask and keep doing it almost every night <3
Heres what I do: Mix about one spoon of yogurt with honey (to moisturize and make it stick more) and slather it on (it like it more on the thicker side). I keep it on from 30 mins to an hour depending on how much time I have. Then wash off with warm water.
Im so glad I discovered this mask, its amazing & not to mention 100% natural :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As a DIY beauty lover, I don't know WHY I waited so long to try this out! I am hooked! I tried this yesterday with low fat yogurt from Wholefoods ($3) and left it on my face for about 30 minutes. After I washed it off, my face felt so clean, soft, moisturized, and bright! I didn't feel anything "filmy" like other reviewers had mentioned and I didn't need to wash my face again. I just put a thin layer of coconut oil and my skin is loving it!!!

I also LOVE the fact that the yogurt comes from the fridge and is NICE AND COLD going on the face. I thought how perfect it would be to apply this after a nice run or yoga, since I tend to get the red/flushed face. Love it and am hooked!!! Thanks again MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by munyurika

I love this yogurt, it made my skin super soft and made me feel a little better about my acne. I told my mom to try it but it did nothing on her except it gave her a pimple. I guess it only work on certain people =/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by laurenganw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm gonna try this mask tomorrow. Does it work better with honey & lime? I've sensitive skin (i think :S) so i'm a lil scared with this idea. BUT EXCITED TOO! Do i still need to use toner and moisturizer after using the mask?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Azie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love a yoghurt mask I do!...just take a tablespoon of full fat organic yoghurt, a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of organic or manuka honey works every time and my skin feels baby soft afterwards much better than a clay mask I think as these can feel tight and uncomfortable( and I dunno about you but it takes me nearly 10 mins to wash off!) Oh and I whole heartedly agree with Janice do it everyday for that baby softness...im 26 and people think i'm 18 or 19...not bad for the sake of a daily yogurt cleanse :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by SwissMiss528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the encouraging reviews on here, I decided to try this, as well as a sea salt mask twice a day. I bought Greek yogurt, because it's thicker and stays on the face easier. The only one they had left at the store was honey vanilla. There's no actual honey in it (which was a disappointment, as honey works very well on my skin) but there WAS lemon juice, which also makes my skin glow and purges the pores. I applied it and it stayed PUT, then I let it sit for about 1/2 hour. I'd applied it quite thick, so it took a while to wash off, but when it did come off, my skin felt amazingly soft, clean and refreshed. My pores had gotten smaller after a few minutes, too. Will definitely keep buying this! The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it needs to be refrigerated, and I usually don't use it all up before it expires because there's so much in one cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read Janice Dickinsons book and in it she mentioned that she uses yogurt to wash her face daily. So I decided to buy some yogurt and try it as a mask.
Ah-mazing. My skin is extremly oily but after my new fav mask it felt very clean and really soft. A very cheap way to have baby soft skin...love it!