NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 3/21/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this and I am MAC Nw/Nc 45 and this works amazingly beautiful on my skin..looking at it in the compact would make u have second thoughts about it bc it is soo light.. I think it looks like Gold Member Cream higlighter by NARS once on the skin--Albatross is a tad tiny bit lighter. I do have to buff it in REALLY WELL so that its not just out there on my apples etc...It does fade after a few hours I have noticed but while visible, I LOVE IT!

on 3/16/2011 4:14:00 PM

love this! this may even replace my msf which i didnt think was possible! spendy, but it really does last forever.

on 3/14/2011 7:04:00 PM

Albatross is definetely my favorite highlighter by far! While it's a little white and chalky looking in the pan when applied on the cheekbone and inner corner of the eye it's a beautiful golden color. It works for my skintone all year round and I even use it sometimes as an eyeshadow. Beautiful color, lasts all day, and really illuminates and brightens the face so you're glowing!

on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hmm...how should I put this. Albatross makes my skin look like SEX! I am dark skinned NC45 with yellow undertones and I want you all to know I rock this highlighter hard. I use it to highlight my cheekbones, chin, and brown bone. When I wear it I look out of this world...almost like an angel.

I love to pair Albatross with a red lipstick. Yes I will repurchase till they stop making it.

on 3/13/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because it's had sooooo many good reviews from WOC. I must say that I do like it overall. I think I can use it 3 out of 4 seasons. It would wash out my NC50 skintone in the winter. At that point, I'll be using my MAC MSF in Comfort. I'm a huge fan of NARS' packaging. Light, compact, and with a mirror.

on 3/12/2011 11:39:00 PM

Ok so Im nc20 with very golden undertones in summer. I bought this as a cheek and eye highlighter. When I dont have a tan this doesnt show up well. It definitely works better on darker skins or tan skin, as albatross is basically white with a gold sheen. The sheen is really pretty but honestly i havent found much use for it. I use coralista as my summer time blush which already has a golden sheen so i dont use this much. Of course they quality and packaging are great but if i ever run out of this i would like to try the dior amber diamond highlight thing...:)

on 3/12/2011 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG highlighter! I had hated using highlighters becase most of them had a silver/white sheen to them that looked chalky on my skintone. When i saw albatross i thought it was the same old white and chalky highlighter, howerver when i swatched it in the store i was wrong! albatoss is the most beautiful highlighter i have ever used, it has a really pretty gold sheen wich is finely milled, you see no big glitter particles ( im looking at you super orgams lol), i tested it out on my freind whos is PPP, and it lookes soo pretty on here. you only need a little swipe on you brush, and it last all day! defintly will repurchase if it runs out!;D

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Received this in a swap on here from a lovely lady, and I'm very pleased. I never had an interest until now to try Nars Albatross just because it looks so white in the pan. It shows up as a gorgeous golden sheen on my cheeks. I love it. I'm glad I didn't pass this item up because I would have never thought it would have worked on my skintone. This is my favorite highlighter so far. It's so light and easy to apply. I use this overtop of blush to tone it done a bit. This would look great on all skintones. I've seen this used on very dark skin, and it looks so beautiful. It looks good on very fair skin as well. Another high quality item from NARS.

on 3/9/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I looove this product.I absolutely cannot live without it.I am Black,White, and Indian and my skin color is a creamy yellow and this highlighter is perfect for me !!! I dont ever want to run out,and a lilittle goes a long way. I hope they never discontinue this.I just received mine two weeks ago and I am going to order three more today!!

on 3/1/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have combination skin that leans towards the oily side, so usually I have no problem with powder based beauty products. The powder was very drying and because I am snow white pale and I couldn't tell this color from my own complexion. I wasn't expecting glitter, but for this price point I expected a noticeable dewy glow. Probably better suited for someone with more of a "normal" toned fair complexion so this color would stand out better in contrast - and on oilier skin. As always NARS compacts are well put together and very sturdy, but I am disappointed in the amount of product NARS puts inside their packaging. I would be happier with cheaper (middle of the road MAC quality) packaging and more product.

Top Rated NARS Products