Sonia Kashuk Remove

4.4

Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2.

on 9/21/2009 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product, no more burning eyes and does a wonderful job at removing all types of makeup including waterproof. I love the look of dual phase and I love all things purple. It's gentle and effective, no smell.

My only gripes is it's kinda pricey for a drugstore remover I would've preferred one that was less than $10. I also agree with the reviewer below they could have added a cap to make the product easier to dispense other than a big gaping hole.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this eye make up remover! I've also used Shiseido "The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover" and that also works very well; however, Sonia Kashuk "Remove" is over half the price of Shiseido's! SK Remove removes my waterproof mascara instantly. No burning, no lost eyelashes. My only complaint is the packaging; a nozzle would be more convenient so I wouldn't pour out more than necessary. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/13/2009 2:01:00 AM

I'm looking for a good eye-makeup remover to replace my absolute favorite: Garnier Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 Eye Makeup Remover. Garnier is holding out on the US, my favorite products are only sold in Europe or Asia, including the Garnier, which I only get when I take a vacation or beg someone to buy for me when they go on vacation/business trip. Sonia Kashuk is a poor replacement for the Garnier; it leaves an oily residue when you use it, and some eyelashes will fall out. Occasionally it'll make my eyes sting, but not always. It's not bad, but not great. I like it better than Neutrogena Oil-free eye makeup remover.

on 8/11/2009 10:13:00 PM

Truly the BEST eye makeup remover you could ever use. I have probably gone through about 10 bottles (no joke). I've eye makeup removers from Neutrogena, Lancome, Mary Kay, and the Body shop. While they were all good, this one is GREAT. I really don't think I will ever find an eye makeup remover that could beat this, whether it be high end or low end.

on 8/1/2009 2:21:00 PM

HG HG HG!!!!!! Of all the eye makeup removers I have tried (and there have been a lot) - this one absolutely ROCKS! I wear waterproof mascara which can be a b#@$% to remove. To date, my favorites have been Almay (the kind that comes in a tube and I use it only when traveling), Neutrogena Oil-Free (dual-phase), Mary Kay Oil Free (dual-phase) and Lancome Bi-facil. I have reviewed all but Lancome's (will eventually get to it).

Here's the deal - I was EXTREMELY happy w/ Neutrogena (and not Walmart's Equate version - doesn't work nearly as good - again, on my list of reviews to do), but on a whim, decided to try SK - its like $2 more than Neutrogena, but it works even better than Neutrogena's which I didn't believe possible!

It COMPLETELY removes all my waterproof mascara w/ VERY little effort! No greasy feeling left behind, absolutely no irritation. LOVE LOVE!! So - until this is d/c (heaven forbid), I will continue purchasing happily!

UPDATE 12/04/09: I have now switched exclusively to EVCO, so I no longer need this HG product (and since EVCO has multiple uses = can cut down on the number of products I need to use.) Therefore, my beloved bottle of SK Remove (1/2 full) is up for swap.

UPDATE 07/16/10: I have come full circle. For a while, my oils (coconut or sweet almond or grapeseed) did a decent job of removing my waterproof mascara, but a few weeks ago, I noticed these were not as effective (granted, I switch up waterproof mascaras a bit), and I was getting frustrated. That, and my mascaras started smudging during the day, even tho I washed my eyes quite well w/ Cetaphil every a.m. to remove any traces of oil left (I also apply castor oil in the evenings to my lashed as a growth aid = worx great and never used to interfere w/ my mascara during the day.) I got tired of fighting it, so back to the SK. Still worx as great as ever. I also now give my eyes a quick swipe w/ this in the a.m. and have had no more problems w/ my waterproof mascara smudging. Still HG!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I've never really needed to buy eye m/u remover as Purity seems to get everything off without it. Times in the past when I've needed more, I've used samples of Clinique or Bifacil.

That being said, I recently had a Blepharoplasty & couldn't rub my eyes, even lightly. After reading reviews, I decided to go with SK since I haven't been let down by any of her products. I made sure to go through all the bottles to find the perfect 50/50 milky/purple mix due to previous reviews.

This stuff is great! Needless to say, my eyes were VERY sensitive & this got off my waterproof liner & mascara with no tugging. It also didn't leave me with blurry vision or oily like others I've tried have. It wasn't drying for me, but then again, I have to massage cream onto my eyelid a couple times a day so I can't quite comment on that. As far as the milky vs clear debate, I didn't find that it mattered. Within 3 or 4 days of using it, the foamy part turned clear with just a little foam on top. It's still a 5050 mixture & foams when shaken...So maybe the clear just has to do with how much it's been shaken in transpo, or in the store. Sorry for such a looong review, but maybe it will help someone out. =)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this stuff! Works as well as any dept. store brand I have tried, and effectively removes my makeup. Not too oily. $10 at Target for a fairly large sized bottle. Yay!

on 6/25/2009 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Wow! This eye remover is great and comparable to Lancome's Bifacils that I always use. I saw this the other day and decided to try it and was absolutely surprised at how well it worked and the fact that it is cheaper than dept. store brands. I had waterproof mascara on and the Bifacils had difficulty getting this particular brand off whereas the Remove did not! Highly Recommend!

Did not irritate my eyes or anything.

on 6/5/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Complete garbage. Returned this to Target. I wear quite a few products on my eyes daily, so I need an eye makeup remover that delivers on it's claims. This did not.

on 6/5/2009 7:38:00 PM

don't like this remover. it feels so greasy on my eyes. I had to wash my face again and again to get the oily feeling off. neutrogena eye makeup remover works just about the same, but is much gentler and less greasy