January 30, 2015 | 1837 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sonia Kashuk - Remove

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

HG HG HG!!!!!! Of all the eye makeup removers I have tried (and there have been a lot) - this one absolutely ROCKS! I wear waterproof mascara which can be a b#@$% to remove. To date, my favorites have been Almay (the kind that comes in a tube and I use it only when traveling), Neutrogena Oil-Free (dual-phase), Mary Kay Oil Free (dual-phase) and Lancome Bi-facil. I have reviewed all but Lancome's (will eventually get to it).

Here's the deal - I was EXTREMELY happy w/ Neutrogena (and not Walmart's Equate version - doesn't work nearly as good - again, on my list of reviews to do), but on a whim, decided to try SK - its like $2 more than Neutrogena, but it works even better than Neutrogena's which I didn't believe possible!

It COMPLETELY removes all my waterproof mascara w/ VERY little effort! No greasy feeling left behind, absolutely no irritation. LOVE LOVE!! So - until this is d/c (heaven forbid), I will continue purchasing happily!

UPDATE 12/04/09: I have now switched exclusively to EVCO, so I no longer need this HG product (and since EVCO has multiple uses = can cut down on the number of products I need to use.) Therefore, my beloved bottle of SK Remove (1/2 full) is up for swap.

UPDATE 07/16/10: I have come full circle. For a while, my oils (coconut or sweet almond or grapeseed) did a decent job of removing my waterproof mascara, but a few weeks ago, I noticed these were not as effective (granted, I switch up waterproof mascaras a bit), and I was getting frustrated. That, and my mascaras started smudging during the day, even tho I washed my eyes quite well w/ Cetaphil every a.m. to remove any traces of oil left (I also apply castor oil in the evenings to my lashed as a growth aid = worx great and never used to interfere w/ my mascara during the day.) I got tired of fighting it, so back to the SK. Still worx as great as ever. I also now give my eyes a quick swipe w/ this in the a.m. and have had no more problems w/ my waterproof mascara smudging. Still HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by scarletspidertn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never really needed to buy eye m/u remover as Purity seems to get everything off without it. Times in the past when I've needed more, I've used samples of Clinique or Bifacil.

That being said, I recently had a Blepharoplasty & couldn't rub my eyes, even lightly. After reading reviews, I decided to go with SK since I haven't been let down by any of her products. I made sure to go through all the bottles to find the perfect 50/50 milky/purple mix due to previous reviews.

This stuff is great! Needless to say, my eyes were VERY sensitive & this got off my waterproof liner & mascara with no tugging. It also didn't leave me with blurry vision or oily like others I've tried have. It wasn't drying for me, but then again, I have to massage cream onto my eyelid a couple times a day so I can't quite comment on that. As far as the milky vs clear debate, I didn't find that it mattered. Within 3 or 4 days of using it, the foamy part turned clear with just a little foam on top. It's still a 5050 mixture & foams when shaken...So maybe the clear just has to do with how much it's been shaken in transpo, or in the store. Sorry for such a looong review, but maybe it will help someone out. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lucky7wedding

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! Works as well as any dept. store brand I have tried, and effectively removes my makeup. Not too oily. $10 at Target for a fairly large sized bottle. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by obtuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! This eye remover is great and comparable to Lancome's Bifacils that I always use. I saw this the other day and decided to try it and was absolutely surprised at how well it worked and the fact that it is cheaper than dept. store brands. I had waterproof mascara on and the Bifacils had difficulty getting this particular brand off whereas the Remove did not! Highly Recommend!

Did not irritate my eyes or anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Complete garbage. Returned this to Target. I wear quite a few products on my eyes daily, so I need an eye makeup remover that delivers on it's claims. This did not.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by daniellan83

don't like this remover. it feels so greasy on my eyes. I had to wash my face again and again to get the oily feeling off. neutrogena eye makeup remover works just about the same, but is much gentler and less greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lizOC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After writing Pond's and getting confirmation that their Bare and Repair eye make-up remover was discontinued (depressing!), I was desparate to find a replacement. I went through trials of other eye make-up removers from drug store brands like Loreal and Almay to the more expensive department store products, including Shiseido and Lancome's Bi-Facils with little luck. Lancome's was somewhat effective, but was still greasy and took a little longer to remove my waterproof Shiseido mascara than Pond's. And it cost an arm and a leg compared to my old stand-by. Then I tried Sonia Kashuk's Remove and I was in love again. It is gentle, not greasy, and takes off that waterproof mascara with little effort. Just soak a cotton pad, place over the eyelashes for a few seconds, then wipe away. And the lower cost is a bonus! I bought a case of this from Target.com because I was so worried that, like the Bare and Repair, it would disappear from shelves eventually. However, it looks like Target still carries this product and hopefully it won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by decaycouture

Great product. I've already used it a few times and it takes off the make up in half the time ones that don't contain oil do. Also it doesn't leave your skin feeling oily after. I haven't had any problems with it making my skin flake/dry , but I always wash my face after so this could be why. Great for contact wearers and for people with sensitive skin, who want it off quick.It even works better then my highly priced Benefit "Gee that was quick" one that I normally use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by apieceofpeace

One word... PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by tvartdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The latest HG in the evolution of waterproof eye makeup removers! Gentle as rain, none of the blinding oily after affects of your more expensive waterproof removers and with the ability to melt chrome off a bumper with a cherub kiss of an application. Lancome's Bi-facil got me through those college years of "The Cure" inspired eyeliner, then Pond's "Bare and Repair" made it look like weenie water! Thanks Ponds for giving the X Factor to yet another great product-Jeeze! So with Bare and Repair gone for good, this is the only option for those of us who don't own a never ending, $free supply$ of Bi-facil. Besides, ounces to the dollar this kicks Lancome's French derrière all the way to Paris and back! It's $10 for 4 ounces at Target. So load up on waterproof Dior Show, MAC Fluidline and all your theatrical makeup ladies, this one really works the pole when it comes to cheap strippers!
Oh, and as you would with any eye makeup remover, rinse and follow with norman cleansing routine after. There aren't any I would leave on my skin.

** As a Union TV/Flim makeup artist, I never endorse any product that I do not truly believe in.

21 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No