April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by lavaqueen

For the past few years I have been using New York Color eyeliner, because no matter how many times I lost it or replaced it, it only cost about 99 cents. I was too lazy to find a better eyeliner and it got the job done. Recently I asked my friend whose eyeliner always looks amazing what she uses and she enthusiastically sold both me and our mutual friend on this Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I had never used a gel eyeliner, and hadn't applied liner to my eyes with a brush in years, so I was super hesitant. I can have somewhat of an unsteady hand. So the mutual friend and I went to bloomingdales and had the woman at the BB counter demonstrate. We both walked away with the thicker eyeliner brush (apparently there is another one) and the black ink gel liner. The whole purchase cost about $40, so it was expensive, but it was absolutely worth it. This eyeliner is smooth and dark, additional layers make it darker if you want, and it's not too tricky to apply once you get used to it. It really does last all day, and I have kind of greasy eyelids. I absolutely love it, and plan on investing in some of the other colors (the navy, maybe?). I will NEVER go back to those crappy NYC pencils!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

It was too harsh on my eyes, being very dark but I could use this for nights out. However, it smudges after a few hours and does not stay well at all in when I tightline. The black-paint-under-your-eye look is not very flattering. Will not repurchase. Too bad this didn't work out for me like it did for so many others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very black, will stay on from morning till night, creamy in consistency making it nicer to use than the MAC fluidline. Excellent liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hollywoodvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This black ink gel liner has been my HG for a long time. (Before this I used to use Maybelline's liner - ew.) I have the most sensitive eyes in the world, so some days I do have to touch up my liner near the corners a bit, but otherwise, it's heavenly. Very smooth and once applied correctly, it looks defined and sexy. As mentioned in other reviews, if you use the right brush with this eyeliner, you can create many looks from pin-up, cat eyes, punk... whatever you feel like that particular day. I'm still trying out different techniques and I've been using it for about 2 years. Don't waste your time keeping an EYE out for anything better! (...get it?) This product's 100% dreamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I just bought this and put it on and I LOVE IT. I think I may have just found my HG liner...and I'm super excited that this comes in a bunch of colors...which I will be trying if all goes well with this one...big fat yes to repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. I thought Stila's was good but then it dried out within 2 months. I've had this for over a year and it's still moist and applies like a dream. I love the liquid eyeliner look but am a real klutz - thank goodness for gel eyeliners! RM65 in Malaysia, a bit pricey but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a long search, I think I have finally found an eyeliner that stays put and does not smudge. I apply in the morning and it stays put until I remove it in the evening - I have not had to retouch and there are no smudges to clean up during the day - Woo hoo! The texture is soft and smooth and a little goes a long way. I dab my brush on the inside of the lid to remove any excess - this gives a softer finish, similar to a pencil liner. The pot will last a long time as long it does not dry out. The BB customer service person said it is the exposure to air which causes it to dry up. So when I am applying, I turn the open pot face down on the table when I am "in between dips" .... so that it is getting a temporary seal ....and of course I recap tightly when I am done. Hopefully this will help to prolong the life of the gel.

Update 7/5/09: Its been about a year now of using this at least 5 days a week and I have been conscientiously turning the open pot face down between dips and I can report the eyeliner has not dried up at all. I have more than 2/3 left so I think this is pretty good value

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Paiger171

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love! I apply this with my SK bent e/l brush and it looks great! It stays all day long, too! I love it so much, I am going to be wearing it for my wedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by McFashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I've said before, I love gel liners, and this one is no exception. Love that it's waterproof, has a strong colour, and can be used on your waterline, unlike the MAC product. It lasts for a long time, and you can guarantee that the colour stays strong. It's a little more expensive than MAC's, but this stuff lasts FOREVER, so no worries there.

Disclaimer: the product can be difficult to use to start with, but you'll get the hang of it. Also, you must make sure the brush is clean otherwise you'll get bits of it in your eye. To ensure it lasts long, be sure not to leave it open for long.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Wow! These truly are the stars of Bobbi Brown's line...absolutely amazing product. I am not a major fan of her cosmetics either after trying a many, but these are sublime. For $19.00 you get a jar around the size of a chapstick tub, but don't be alarmed there is enough product to last ages. This applies so smoothly and lasts all day and all night if need be. I apply mine with a MAC straight liner brush, the kind that looks like a little kids paintbrush. I apply a thin line of liner, then use a tad more product to fill in any spots I missed. You can use this product to create a gazillion different looks. I have always had a hard time wearing and applying liner and with this stuff I look polished. I cannot stress the staying power enough...it is incredible. You can even swim in it! It never flakes, cakes, crumbles, etc. Use this for a hint of definition of a serious cat eye...take the plunge, it won't disappoint!