September 18, 2014 | 1403 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is (mostly) awesome for my skin. I get these tiny, tiny little bumps on my jawline that aren't quite like a regular zit but are some kind of form of acne. They just stay the same size and do not go away unless I use this stuff. This stuff dries them right out. I say this stuff is *mostly* awesome for my skin because I have made it too strong before and it made my skin dry out horribly and start peeling. I have oily skin so this is not typically a problem for me. I always put in a bit of honey or aloe vera gel along with the ACV so that the mask is not too harsh for my skin. I really do love this stuff! I've had the tub for over a year now and am not even close to using it all up, a little goes such a long way. When I do run out though, I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to start making my own masks after using Lush's cupcake mask which is made fresh when you buy them. So when I saw this product, I grabbed it and immediately tried it the night I bought it. I followed the instructions which is to mix equal parts of powder and ACV, but I felt it to be a little too watery as a mask. I like thicker masks because it feels really luxurious. So my next batch was with a little more powder. I'm used to powerful gunk-sucking masks so the pulsating feeling was not surprising. I left it on longer than 30 mins, probably around 45 minutes, and after washing it off (continually splashing with warm water) my face was bright red and irritated. I immediately put moisturizer and fell asleep. The moment I woke up, the 3 huge cystic pimples on my face had finally come to a head, which I was delighted of seeing because for 2 weeks, they were under my skin (the horrible types that you can't pop). This truly is a powerful mask for what it has done. I'm using this again as I type and adding tea tree oil to combat the smell of the ACV. (I weirdly love the smell of tea tree oil) but many reviewers below me have complaints of the excrutiating smell, which is coming from the ACV. If you are having trouble with that, I suggest to put a few drops of essential oil (I love orange essential oil) to make the mask smell good, or even cocoa powder and a bit of cocoa butter will make it smell like Lush's cupcake mask :) Overall, I love the DIY aspect to this mask and how thick or thin you can make this product. Since I have super acne proned skin, I'm using this no more than 2x a week. Highly recommended. Oh BTW don't watch funny youtube videos while wearing this mask! It will hurt! hahaha

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this product. It has made me feel like there's hope for my acne-ridden oily skin. I don't know why I've never heard of it until recently but I can't imagine not using it now. It's such a fantastic mask, free of any harmful chemicals and truly a healing product. What's even better is that it combines with another HG product, which I love - apple cider vinegar. My mask always includes ACV, the clay powder and a few drops of tea tree oil. This combination is stellar for my skin. The mask is powerful, so I would not recommend leaving it on for more than 20 minutes but it feels absolutely wonderful when all the blood is being pumped into the face. I can feel my skin healing and it's wonderful. Yes, I do have redness for about 30 minutes after the mask is off, and it's incredibly important to moisturize after washing off the mask, but my skin feels so lovely and soft afterwards, I can't believe I have been missing out on this for years. I have shared this "secret" with so many and will continue to do so. I bought a 1lb tub, have used it consistently, given it out to friends, and I haven't even scratched the surface. I have a feeling this tub will last me for over a year.

This is the most fabulous arsenal in my cabinet against acne. If you have troublesome skin, use this. Try it and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Don't forget to moisturize, even with oily skin. But do try this wonderful natural mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by malcontent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Be careful with this mask if you have dry skin. I have thin, sensitive, fair skin that tends to be dry. I use this mask only rarely, as I know it has a tendency to make my skin red and irritated, but I can get desperate with the occasional breakout. I sometimes get a few (deep and swollen) spots on my face at a certain time in my cycle, and the mask can bring them to the surface, calm them, and clear them out faster. The price is red and dry skin though. I've read through the reviews, and, for most people, the redness seems temporary. However, I can expect it to last about 48 hours, and that's not a good look on fair skin that generally has a smooth, porcelain appearance. As well, no matter how much I moisturize, I will get dry, flaky patches. This holds true even if I use jojoba, almond, or coconut oil on my face after the mask. I think this is probably a good product for most people, but it's not really going to control acne on anyone with dry skin, especially as it can exacerbate dryness to an extreme degree. My skin is usually under control, thankfully, so I probably use this mask only a few times a year. Next time I will probably try a VERY thin layer that can dry quickly. It might help if I left the mask on >10 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Anne184

Best mask ever. I only use it on my oily t-zone because I have very dry cheeks. Be careful- this will clog your drains! I live in an apartment on the top floor so washing the mask off in a pail of water to avoid clogging my drains,then running down three sets of stairs with the pail, and then dumping it out in the bushes.....is well, inconvenient for me. Plus, my nosy neighbors are probably wondering what the heck I am doing! So my next best mask is the Queene Helene mint julep mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never given a rating this high for any product I have reviewed on MUA but this mask deserves it. The price is extremely reasonable for the large amount that is in the tub. I initially stayed away from Aztec because I thought it would be a pain to mix my own clay mask Ė but it really isnít and I actually like making a fresh batch each time I use it (I use apple cider vinegar). My skin feels and looks so good the morning after I have a mask.

Just an fyi...immediately after removing the mask I am red I need the overnight time to allow the redness to clear. I also only use this mask once a week because it is too strong to use more frequently than that at least for my skin. This mask is amazing but be careful with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wished this worked for me, I've been using it for like 2 years now as the tub hasn't run out yet, and i just don't get the hype! first of all, its SO unpleasant to use, it hurts on your face when it dries, takes forever to wash off, smells bad with the apple cider vinegar, and leaves your face red, dry and overall just dull looking and feeling. Using it always puts me in a bad mood lol. i think it would work better as a spot treatment because it probably does affect acne, but if you have normal skin on your cheeks and forehead just skip those areas because the mask will not improve skin there where you don't have acne for it to dry up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by GrumpyAngel222

WOW! This stuff is Amazing! This is exactly what I have been looking for, essentially. Even my husband has commented on how my complexion has improved since using this for masks. I consider myself somewhat of a product junkie- mask whore, so I am always on the search for the best stuff to help my skin. I am oily-acne prone, with hormonal cystic acne. I use Apple Cider Vinegar and mix in "extras" with each new batch. This last batch I opened a Fish oil/Borage Oil capsule and mixed it in, to add in some moisture. My skin does get really red and itchy when using this, but it does calm down after a bit. It does "pull" and "pulsate" your face, and loosens pores and gets all that junk out. I will definitely repurchase once I run out. I ordered a pretty big jug, and it will last for a long time. PLUS, if you order from iherb.com, use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by some1ukno

I would not recommend this product for people with dry skin. I am quite picky when it comes to facial masks. So the mask is not horrible, it is just not great. The first few seconds after the facial my face is super smooth. Couple hours it is dry flakey skin. I put moisturizer immediately after facial and it does not work. I am a wrinkle-phobe...and I can see the wrinkles are more prominent.