December 18, 2014 | 1717 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. I didn't feel like it cleaned very well. The daily facial cleanser is a little better but it is also not that great in my opinion. Probably better for someone who doesn't wear makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil left my skin feeling like rubber, hardly removed any impurities and the consistency was so liquidy that I struggled to use it. Also, as a biology student who has learned about chemicals found in cosmetics, I don't exactly appreciate the use of sodium lauryl sulfate, and not only one but THREE different parabens.

Never. Again. I'll stick with Spectro Jel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

I absolutely adore this cleanser! I have redness, super sensitive and combination oily/dry skin. This is the only facial cleanser that has done a wonderful job of clearing up my skin and leaving it nice and moisturized not tight and "squeaky" clean.

I can see why some people do not like this product: it doesn't lather and it doesn't take off makeup.

If I am wearing makeup, I use a sensitive skin baby wipe to get all of the makeup off of my face and some grapeseed oil to take off eye makeup. After my skin is completely bare, I cleanse. It takes a little getting use to because it doesn't lather but I prefer it this way. It feels like a liquidy lotion and you need to rinse it off with warm water. Once it's all off, I splash my face a few time with cold water and I'm all set to go to put my face lotion on.

BEST FACIAL CLEANSER EVER!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by batsmeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this stuff destroyed my face. After I washed with it I felt like I had a greasy film over my face - it just didnt feel clean and didn't take my makeup off. I ended up with tons of tiny pimples and a few big cystic ones. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sunnyserpentspring

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I've been using it for three years or so, and find it suits all my needs for it. Now, looking at other reviews, I would like to remind people that it's very important that you read into what you're about to buy and make sure you know what it's supposed to do before you buy it. This does remove makeup because it's not made to. It's for skin, not makeup. As for it being overpriced, I think it depends on where you buy it. I usually get a 16 oz. bottle for around 6 dollars, but I've seen a lot higher pricings (like stopngo.com sells a 16 oz. bottle for $140.91, jeez!). I have really delicate skin, and this doesn't irritate it at all. It makes my skin soft and smooth, and helps with acne (though it's not immediately noticeable, it's made to be gentle so it won't remove skin to get rid of acne, like other brands pacifically for acne). All of Cetaphil's skin care products have very similar packaging, so it's also important that you read the label before buying it. I have bought the wrong kind a few times. The product itself is odorless (though other kinds of this brand can have scents sometimes) and is clear (again, different kinds have variations, but gentle skin cleanser is clear), and has a lotion consistency. It doesn't foam and if you put too much of it on and then not wash it off, not all your skin will absorb it, leaving some if it on and making your skin look "shiny as heck."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

*This is for Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser*
This product is something that doesn't fully fulfill me, but it's better for me.

Let me explain:

I have super oily skin with lots of blackheads and a few cystic spots. Moderate acne pretty much. Normally, I like a cleanser that foams or suds up and that I can feel tingly into my skin. It makes me feel clean and like it's fighting my acne. This product does NOT sud up and it does NOT make me feel tingly. It honestly feels like I'm just rubbing nothing on my face. Also, this will not remove make up at all. I use Witch Hazel before and after I use this cleanser - once to get the make up off my face so the cleanser can work, and then afterwards so I can actually let it tone my skin. I follow up with Garnier Moisture Rescue Refresh Gel.

However, I have noticed in the past 3 weeks an improvement in my skin. It is not groundbreaking or overly significant - but I would say that between my periods when my breakouts are heaviest, my skin feels soft, subtle, and looks better than it did before I started using this product.

So, it has been better for my skin, it just took some adjusting to get used to how it works for my skin at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is indeed a very good cleanser for what it is: very gentle. That's it. I'm kind of surprised there are bad reviews based on expectations that this cleanser doesn't promise. It doesn't claim to remove makeup nor help treat acne. It also states it doesn't foam, so to take points off for the lack of foaming isn't exactly fair. With that being said, for those who are acne-prone, I do think this cleanser is perfect for use in conjunction with topical acne medicated products. Otherwise, if I use this cleanser alone, all it does is keep my skin's pH balanced.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the raves and alot of beauty youtobe gurus where using this.

there are so many negatives!:

1. If you wanted to use something that will wash your makeup off in a flash, like after a day at work, even light makeup. this won't work. and if it does, you have to use tons of it!
2. has a consistency thats runny/creamy and does not lather very well.
3. skin does not feel/look clean after using this. I used a cleanser/toner after this and saw the amount of makeup that was still left on my cotton pad.
4. it doesn't do anything for oily skin. need something stronger.

postives:
cant really think of anything, but if you have super sensitive skin and dont use makeup then this might be for you.

won't be purchasing this again! cudnt wait for it to run out so i could get something else!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Sydk20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil is one of the absolute worst products I've ever used on my skin. First off it has a weird consistency that doesn't become soapy went wet. Second it does not clean pores out or makeup off. I could go on and on with reasons why Cetaphil is awful. Every time I used this products my skin would be shiny as heck and bumpy. I saw rave reviews and recommendations from people on YouTube and online about Cetaphil. I even bought the overpriced lotion to go along with it. My skin did not like it at all and I would never buy Cetaphil again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Has parabens and makes your skin look dead and gray after about a week of use