Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 5/24/2014 4:27:00 PM

I love this cleanser! When I first started puberty, I absolutely knew nothing about skincare and so I just used the cleanser my sister was using that was prescribed by her dermatologist because she had bad acne. Unfortunately this cleanser did not work for my sister at all. Now I tried the cleanser and it works wonders for me, its not drying at ALL unlike most facial cleansers (e.x. Foam, Oil etc). And it is extremely gentle! So gentle that it will take a few washes before taking makeup off entirely but isn't that why there's makeup remover?? Anyways I totally recommend this to someone looking for gentle cleanser but not for someone trying to treat acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this cleanser since I was in high school and now that I am 27 I have decided to stop.

I found that upon closer inspection of my skin after washing it, a white residue would be left on my skin from this product. I have also visited Acne.org because i suffer from acne and this product contains a couple of ingredients that can clog pores or break you out even though it is classified as 'non-comedogenic". When i look at my chin area I notice that it is full of white film that has been dried up even though I continually wash my face with water and a face towel.

Anyway, I no longer buy this stuff, I'm trying to find products that do not leave residue on your skin.

I love this for removing my makeup in the evening as well as a wash. I have super sensitive skin and need to usually apply a generous amount, but I notice that my skin is much happier when I use it before bed. I stopped using it for a while and my skin just wasn't the same. I will definitely keep using it.

on 5/19/2014 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

It's ok. But It's not my HG Cleanser. I prefer facial foams.

on 5/16/2014 2:06:00 PM

Don't you just HATE when you make an impulsive decision? That guilty feeling of "YouTube made me buy this and I'm not rich so I should probably stay away from it for awhile"? I stumbled upon a few reviews and stuff about Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and they were "OMG I love this product" so when I was at my local mall I stopped by the drugstore just to check if they had it. Surprise surprise! It's USD$32 the smaller bottle. I thought OK, so this must be good. I'll give a try. I should say I have combination skin, not too sensitive, gets drier during winter time and I have tendency to blackheads and a few pimples here and there. Nothing too tragic, I actually have decent, rather healthy skin so I don't ask for too much on a cleanser. This stuff does nothing for me. It's drying and makes my face feel tight (so this is how Botox feels like?) and doesn't even take make up off very thoroughly. I don't know what to do! Should I use the whole bottle because you know...I paid for it? Should I just buy something else? What was I thinking! It's full of chemicals! I wanted to say good things about you Cetaphil...I really did.

on 5/14/2014 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have used this face wash for a while. It's an ok face wash. Nothing special. I don't think it really breaks down makeup or gets rid of oils too well. It is great for sensitive skin, not very powerful, just clean. Never caused me to break out. I've moved on to philosophy purity made simple, but would use this in a jam.

on 5/11/2014 10:59:00 PM

Best cleanser ever made! just amazing, leaves skin feeling fresh and clean!

on 5/6/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i use this every day as a cleanser! it is gentle on my skin and i love the feel of it as i use it on my skin. softens skin!

on 5/6/2014 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This just did not work for me. It left a film or residue on my skin that I had to clean off with my tried and true Ponds.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my must have skin wash. It is very very very gentle which is great because I have super sensitive and dry skin. It leaves a very smoothed and refined feel after every wash which makes you feel like your skin is just getting better. It isn't too expensive, but it's definitely not cheap either. Great for people with eczema too (me).

Video Reviews & Tutorials