C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.6

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my favorite clear gloss. love the tingly sensation and sweet mint taste. i like how i just need a teensy bit for a sexy pout. ;)

I recently purchased this lip gloss in the light pink shade (can't recall the number, but it's the lightest tinted shade they have). The packaging is quite boring, but most of the C.O. Bigelow's products have a somewhat "medicinal" packaging if that makes any sense. Sweet and simple, no fluffy designs or flashy logo's. The best thing about this gloss is the scent. Very strong, tingly mint! Yum! As one reviewer noted, it does smell and taste a lot like the Orbit's gum. I regard mint as a very fresh, clean scent. Also has a bit of a tingly, numbing sensation. No shimmer, just shine. The texture is very smooth and non sticky. Lasting power is so-so, and I find the flavor lingers long after most of the gloss has worn off. Overall, makes a nice swipe and go gloss. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

O.K., hate to mess up a perfect record, but I really don't see why this product receives so much attention. It is, to me, pretty run-of-the-mill. Granted, I really don't care for mint flavor, but even still, I just find this lip gloss mediocre. And, I believe it actually cracked my lip once--it is sooo strong. It does give a decent shine, but it doesn't last and it isn't spectacular.
I also have the rose lip tin and the my favorite lip balm. Though those don't have as much shine, I reach for them everyday. On the other hand, I had this with me on a roadtrip and actually went to a CVS and bought something else just to avoid using this one.
Over-hyped to me. But, the price was reasonable because I got it for 5.00. I will probably ditch it.

Omg, I love this lipgloss! It's amazing. Leaves a minty feeling on my lips and it's oh so yummy. The staying power isn't amazing or anything, but at only 7 or so dollars a pop it isn't too bad. I got mine on sale for 5 bucks. =)I'm not particularly fond of the packaging. But depsite that I would DEFINATLY buy again.

This is a high-shine, long lasting, refreshing gloss. This is highly minty. In fact, when I wear it, people comment on how minty fresh I smell! It is great for situations where it is inappropriate to chew gum, but you want your breath refreshed. It does slightly tingle at first, but it goes away. It is non-tacky and non-drying. (I am so wont to chapped lips, so this means a lot to me.) I love this gloss and would like to own them all.

I love, love, love it! I was so luck to see this review and picked it up in B&BW. It's not greasy, not too thick, but moistures enough. Also the minty breath is great! Besides, I like it for a very special reason: my boyfriend likes it when we kiss. Let's face it: we've had this issue for a long time, and he never liked my tinted lip balms or glosses--L'oreal is too sticky, Estee Lauder is bitter, and Bobbi Brown (my favorite) and Burt's Bee taste like beewax. But this one is just perfect! After applying this, he tells me that my lips have this sexy glow and the sweet mint just tastes so right. I suggest that we add taste to the criteria for good lip colors. The only thing from perfection is that this lip shine doesn't have SPF, but I'll use my BB lip balm with SPF and use this as a refreshing finish. Definitely gonna have another one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's ultra minty and ultra shiny! What's not to love?

EDIT: I found something not to love--the way the applicator gunks up and gets gross so fast. Ick.

This stuff is amazing. Slanted tip applicator, squeeze tube. Lightly sugary mint -- EXACTLY the taste of Orbit Sweet Mint gum. Thick and glossy, not sticky. Gets rid of my flakies, doesn't leave white gunk behind. Buy it when it's specially priced at $5. I am obsessed.

I love this. The tingly peppermint is wonderful. I wear it every chance I get! It tastes great too, almost like they add sugar to it! It is so perfectly glossy and although a bit on the sticky side, I love it all the same. Perfect for every day, and would be just as beautiful for night. I'm a sucker for super-shiny clear glosses.

This stuff is awesome. Life changing. Go buy it now.

Recommended for Medium Skin