C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.7

on 3/2/2006 6:02:00 AM

This is a high-shine, long lasting, refreshing gloss. This is highly minty. In fact, when I wear it, people comment on how minty fresh I smell! It is great for situations where it is inappropriate to chew gum, but you want your breath refreshed. It does slightly tingle at first, but it goes away. It is non-tacky and non-drying. (I am so wont to chapped lips, so this means a lot to me.) I love this gloss and would like to own them all.

on 2/27/2006 3:26:00 PM

I love, love, love it! I was so luck to see this review and picked it up in B&BW. It's not greasy, not too thick, but moistures enough. Also the minty breath is great! Besides, I like it for a very special reason: my boyfriend likes it when we kiss. Let's face it: we've had this issue for a long time, and he never liked my tinted lip balms or glosses--L'oreal is too sticky, Estee Lauder is bitter, and Bobbi Brown (my favorite) and Burt's Bee taste like beewax. But this one is just perfect! After applying this, he tells me that my lips have this sexy glow and the sweet mint just tastes so right. I suggest that we add taste to the criteria for good lip colors. The only thing from perfection is that this lip shine doesn't have SPF, but I'll use my BB lip balm with SPF and use this as a refreshing finish. Definitely gonna have another one.

on 2/26/2006 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's ultra minty and ultra shiny! What's not to love?

EDIT: I found something not to love--the way the applicator gunks up and gets gross so fast. Ick.

This stuff is amazing. Slanted tip applicator, squeeze tube. Lightly sugary mint -- EXACTLY the taste of Orbit Sweet Mint gum. Thick and glossy, not sticky. Gets rid of my flakies, doesn't leave white gunk behind. Buy it when it's specially priced at $5. I am obsessed.

on 2/22/2006 6:12:00 PM

I love this. The tingly peppermint is wonderful. I wear it every chance I get! It tastes great too, almost like they add sugar to it! It is so perfectly glossy and although a bit on the sticky side, I love it all the same. Perfect for every day, and would be just as beautiful for night. I'm a sucker for super-shiny clear glosses.

on 2/20/2006 8:05:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Life changing. Go buy it now.

on 2/18/2006 9:58:00 PM

Okay, so I found this today...
I think I'm in love

It feels nice on, lasts (it's still on, and I applied almost 5 hours ago), and the mint tastes so good. I really like that it doubles as a breath freshener... very nice for if you run out of gum.

I don't know, maybe it's the horny teenager in me, but this is a wonderful idea - if you don't have gum, and you're about to kiss someone, licking your lips with this on would not only look seductive... but would also give you fresh kissing breath! Double duty! :-D

Great product though.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i LOVE this lip gloss. i used my friend's and completely fell in love. it's not sticky at all and goes on very smoothly. it also has a minty taste which not only stays on your lips but freshens your BREATH as well! amazing. it's also on sale for $5 which is a great price for what it's worth. my lips are naturally pigmented so im thinking of purchasing the nude shade instead of clear. i hope the sale doesn't end soon!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss

i dont really use it as a gloss but more of a treatment
it smells good, looks shiny and it tingles on your lips.

and unlike the burts bees balm, it tastes good. the burts bees one tastes like was.ew.

on 2/1/2006 6:11:00 PM

OMG ok, so i havent actually gotten the real tube yet, because i went to the store today and they were SOLD OUT. i had gotten a sample over the weekend and i fell in love with it!! wow. this product is absolutely, insanely, wonderful. i love it!!!!!!!!!! its all tingly and makes my lips a bit plumper (tho the lady at the counter said that the plumpness only lasts while the tingling lasts, because the tingling brings the red blood cells to the surface of your lips, which heals them, and makes them seem a bit plumper) I LOVE IT! will continue to buy...probably forever..

Recommended for Medium Skin