August 2, 2014 | 1142 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2004 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Julsbowm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I didn't love this so much. It's a brilliant highlighter with a wonderful consistancy and texture, although I've found that I need to layer it over LM's Secret Camouflage on hardcore dark circle days. One warning though - it can show up looking a bit chalky in photographs. Some of my friends have been adding a drop of their usual foundation to it to prevent photo "Eclat Mask."

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by bernrboy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally caved and bought this and am I ever glad I did! It works! I especially like how I can cover any additional red spots AFTER I have used concealor and foundation. No other product allows me to do this without showing up. This product just blends right in. Wish it weren't so expensive though. It's really quite outrageous.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 10:36:00 AM More reviews by yosmali

Wonderful product. It covered all my dark circles. Make sure you use a moisturizing cream under your eye and apply the touche eclat for beautiful results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by alipie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This highlighter is so much fun! I love the little pen, I have been playing with it so much since I bought it, I fear I might have to get another one soon, and at 36.00 a pop, that's a little scary. I use it under my eyes, top of my cheekbones, under my brows...above my brows. And that's the beauty of this pen, because it is so subtle, it looks natural, not like other highlighters that use too much shimmer and glitter in my opinion. The most practical use of course is under my eyes, where I apply this over my concealer. This stuff is better than sleep to make my eyes radiant and refreshed. One more overpriced staple I can't live without *sigh*
update: this stuff is still great, but I also have experienced the mildewy smell after a while, really gross

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2004 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Monsoon_morning

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Touche Eclat is beautifully packaged and fun to use, but very pricey, the most expensive of them all. It really does give you a glow when you use it, and sometimes you don't need to wear foundation or concealer (although for very dark areas such as under eyes, maybe foundation is needed, as its not strong enough on its own there).
I agree that it starts to mould as well, I have to clean it often. I haven't tried any alternatives, maybe they've developed a cheaper version that's just as effective. But this is a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2004 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

this is a great product. i was shown to use it around the eyes (to get rid of the bags) and under the brows for highlights. the ma also told me that it's great for highlighting the mouth so that your pout looks better. this shade totally suits my fair asian skin tone.

i'm not a big makeup person (we're talking only lipstick as an everyday application) but after i saw how this brightened my face i just had to buy it. great for those important dates or occasions where you have to look your best (or at least awake!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by fancynancy

I love this product and use it daily. It erases most of the signs of aging on my face. I use it at the corners of my deepset eyes to highlight, along the sides of my nose (over Laura Mercier concealer) to bring that into the light, and at the corners of my mouth and it completely erases the downward line that is developing there. It's lightweight and looks completely natural. It's easy to blend so I'm not sure if color is that important. I think I have the lightest one, it doesn't say on the tube. It's a fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by mandolin

Holy Grail product for me. This doesn't give much coverage, but I've found my undereye circles have improved in the last few years, so I can wear just this alone to brighten and diffuse skin. When I haven't had much sleep and my circles are darker, I use this on top of regular concealer and it works fabulously!

Shade #2 is a great, pale yellow-based shade that is a perfect match for me (FFF). I use it under eyes, on lids, sides and along bridge of nose, and the bow of my lips. Has a diffusing effect and makes skin look flawless!

I must comment on the packaging as well: it's packaged in a sleek, elegant gold pen, with a click applicator.

My only rant: this has a tendency to develop mould, so you have to be very careful to sanatize after every use.

Other than that, everyone should own one! :)

I bought this for 17.50 pounds in London.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ngoc_out

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my HG products. I also have #1, but #2 is a better match for my Asian NC40 skin (yellow/orange undertones). I use #1 in the winter when I am less tan and look better in pinky tones. The touche eclat is a brilliant product (I think there are some knockoffs out there now, but I haven't tried any of them). Such beautiful packaging--a gold pen with a clicker on the end. I find that 2 clicks is all I need. I like to brush it underneath my eyes and in the inner corners of my eyes & then I blend with a sponge. If you really want to brighten your face, put some above your brows and blend in as well. You can also put it in your laugh lines and the grooves next to your nose.

I think this is a great highlighter & undereye brightener, tho not the best concealer IMO as the coverage is pretty sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2003 4:38:00 PM More reviews by WendyWhy

This is my one and only holy grail. I have been through alot of struggle and heartache (swapping issues) to try to get this from Asia --- it's finally freely available in the US!! Hallelujah! It matches my skin tone perfectly (MAC NC25) - covers my circles, and just brightens my face - can't live without this! It retails for $35...and is worth every penny.