November 22, 2014 | 1461 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that this is the cause of the congested skin on my face. I still continue to use it as a body moisturizer and eye 'cream', but a word of caution to those who are break-out prone.

Ever since reading up on the health and skin benefits of eating and applying topically, I have been hooked and cannot tell enough friends about this stuff.

One study indicated that women who ate 2 TBS/day had less belly fat than those who didn't eat it. I use this instead of butter or EVOO when cooking and I'm not ashamed to admit I'll even eat it right out of the jar. It's so creamy and delicious.

I've also replaced my daily facial moisturizer with this and I've really been loving the effects. You really need to use the smallest amount or else an oily residue will remain on your skin. Does not break me out or make me oilier throughout the day, in fact I really think it has truly helped suppress my oil production lately.

I have coconut oil on auto-ship from VitaCost because I never want to be without it. Truly a miracle product!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I slathered coconut oil over my entire body, but a day or so after, I got an ugly allergic reaction all over my legs, arms, and neck :( I really wanted to like this stuff after all of the rave reviews. Besides that,

It kind of sits on your skin for a while. I'd rather have something that feels like it actually moisturizes.
I really like it for my hair and nails. I leave it in my hair before I shower and wash my hair normally. I didn't even need to use conditioner afterwards. Helps with icky dry skin around my nails. I put it on my eyelashes to condition them.

I'd give it a 5 for hair and nails, but for my skin, I'd give it a one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this every way you can, and some ways work better than others in my case. I was really hoping I'd be one of the people who can use this on the face, as my skin is super-dry. Unfortunately, I'm one of the unlucky ones who find it comedogenic. I didn't have one of the monster breakouts people sometimes write about, but I did get two or three new blemishes which were definitely not the 'purging' type -- they weren't perfect little whiteheads but rather hard, red bumps. I also noticed my pores looked clogged. I'm back to using almond and/or argan oil instead... I wanted to get the negative out of the way first!

On my body and hair, I find coconut oil simply amazing. It's the best hair masque I've used, actually, and I often have trouble rinsing out even normal, light conditioners. I have very fine individual hairs but just tons and tons and tons of them. I leave the coconut oil on overnight, and by the morning it's almost dried into my hair. It rinses out easily with a normal amount of shampoo, and my hair is shiny and frizz-free. I would recommend this once a week, but you could use it more often if you have a lot of damage.

As a body lotion, it sinks in quickly and leaves me hydrated for at least a day (I have very flaky skin in the winter, so this is a big deal). I make sure to spread it under my arms, as it works well as a deodorant. I noticed that it also did good work repairing my skin, and not just moisturizing. I had horrible bumps along my upper thighs from wearing tights on dry skin all winter, and they're almost gone after just a few weeks using coconut oil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go to products. It used to be too expensive for me compared to other oils but since I found the LouAnne brand in a 30 oz. "tub" at Wal- mart for $5.00 it is a must have, even if its only food grade and not extra virgin, organic or whatever . I use this as my makeup remover, a leave in hair conditioner and overnight deep hair conditioner, lightwieght body moisturizer or even sugar scrubs. Coconut oil has been proven to actually penetrate hair and protect it from protein loss, thereby making it stronger. You need to leave it on hair for 14 hrs. to reap all the benefits, thats why I generally use it as my daily leave in after washing. I have oily skin so prefer the lighter feel of coconut oil to any other food-based oils and since I have started using it as my makeup remover I dont even get my monthly "PMS pimples". The only problem is that under 76 degrees coconut oil is a solid, and it is difficult to get out of the tub but it melts instantly in hands. Its not the best for sugar scrubs in the winter due to this fact but all in all its a winner. HG product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Removes blackheads and reduces pores like magic. After approx a month of daily use as a makeup remover at night (for my tzone) I no longer have a need for pore filling type of primers. There are so many uses for this. Read the reviews and do your own research. I really think you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not purchase and experiment with this for both skincare and hair care not to mention the endless positives in healthcare as well.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ferrery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what is lotion? since i started using coconut oil a year ago, i rarely ever use lotion anymore. post-shower, coconut oil is a dream to apply. smells delicious and melts onto ur body so nicely. while yes it is pretty greasy after u apply it, the moisturzing effects on ur skin just beat the greasyness. i try to use natural and organic products as much as i can, and coconut oil is so versatile. i also use coconut oil as a gentle eye makeup remover, takes off all my lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow in practically one swipe. i've also stopped buying makeup remover since coconut oil does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only discovered coconut oil about 2 years ago & I would never be without again. I use Parachute coconut oil (only because I have bought it when I have been in India) and a 500ml bottle lasts at least 7-8 months.

To liquefy coconut oil, I run the hot tap in my bathroom sink, fill the basin up & then pop the bottle in – it turns to liquid in a minute and stays in liquid form until the water turns tepid.

I use this all over my body as a moisturiser every other day and even on my face when it feels dehydrated. You only need a couple of teaspoons to moisturise your whole body.

Since regularly applying coconut oil, my skin feels more supple and some stretch marks seem "softer" in appearance

I also, use a drop or two of coconut oil to tame/condition frizzy hair especially if the weather is either raining or humid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by torrrayyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love coconut oil as a hair treatment , lotion
,tanning oil,and it tastes good. This product is my go to for my dry skin in winter...It makes my hair unbelievable soft shiny and healthy looking i love this oil sooooooo much ... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil! I got mine from Vitacost and it's organic and I use it for everything! I cook with it, I moisturize my body and hair with it. I use it to remove eye makeup. It's one of my favorite oils.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by BrownSista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading amazing reviews for coconut oil and buying the virgin, unrefined kind that is supposedly best, I am left wondering what all the hype is about. I personally found coconut oil to be a horrible moisturizer. In fact, I found it to be extremely drying to my nails, which I quickly noticed started peeling and breaking. When I apply coconut oil to my dry lips, it just sits there, never alleviating the dryness as lip balms or Vaseline does. You just end up with greasy dry lips. When I applied coconut oil to my legs the first night I actually woke up the next morning ashy, something that never happened when I used baby oil. When I apply it to may face, again, my skin continues to feel dry as if nothing was ever applied to it. I can’t speak on the health benefits because that isn’t what I purchased it for. What I did find coconut oil to be good for, and the reason why I continue to purchase it, is I find it to be a great feminine hygiene product. After using the bathroom, wiping “down there” with coconut oil keeps the area much fresher than using nothing or other harsher cleansing wipes.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No