July 25, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by zany05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best product I probably have. I use it on my skin and my hair.

I have combination/oily skin but because I am using Benzoyl Peroxide emulsion to eliminate my acne, my skin tends to get a little bit dry. But my cold-pressed organic coconut oil is the best moisturizer. Since I've started using it, my skin has gotten smooth and even. I think it has helped with my acne as well.I just put it all over my face at night and go to sleep and wake in the morning with wonderful skin.

I mentioned that I use it for my hair, it leaves my hair shinier and healthier. I mix it with sweet almond oil and few drops of tea tree oil in a plastic bag and put it in hot water for 5 minutes and use the mixture as a hot oil treatment once a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Coconut oil is such a great product to have in your kitchen AND bathroom! I use a small amount to take my eye-makeup off at night, and every Sunday I mix Coconut and Olive oil together and deep condition my hair overnight.

As a moisturizer it really penetrates the skin - but you have to be patient because it takes FOREVER to sink in. Also, I eat a TBSP of Coconut oil a day! It has a lot of anti-bacterial properties and is loaded with good essential fatty acids!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

MUA fabulous finds never cease to amaze me! I came across cocnonut oil here on this website, and I'm a sucker for natural, fuss-free cosmetics (such as EVOO, or honey) I bought a big jar of unrefined, unbleached, 100% organic product and started using it on my face as an overnight mask : OMG!! Not only did my face cleared up (I have hormonal-post-pregnancy breakouts) but it was so smooth it was the same as my 6-month-old =)
I use it on my face to remove makeup, as a mask, as an overnight moisturizer, on my hair as a pre-conditionner before showering, on dry skin (elbows, knees, etc) and it is truly a miracle product.
But do buy the organic version, and make sure it's unrefined and unbleached.
THANK YOU MUA!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Aiko8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My WHOLE family digs coconut oil:
Me:shaving*mascara remover*hand moisturizer*foot rub*smooth hair w/the tiniest amount*
Daughter(9y/o):weekly deep conditioner(added bonus:it's a preventative lice treatment which makes me feel like her head's protected:)
Husband: shaving cream(yes for face!)*foot moisturizer
Dog(1-1/2 y/o):gets a tablespoon mixed w/pumpkin&food(keeps his coat so shiny)*use to brush coat&moisturize skin in our cold winter*massage pads of paws in the cold winter

I cook Thai and Indian dishes, especially, w/coconut oil*Use it in our AM smoothies*Cuticle repairer and more!

Doesn't it seem like this oil doesn't leave horrible stains like others do too? I am coo-coo for coconuts!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried taking coconut oil as both a supplement and topically and I wish I could love this as much as everyone else. Actually, I think it actually caused me to break out.

TOPICALLY
I tried it as a hair mask and wasn't super impressed. I just don't have the time or patience to use it as a mask on a regular basis. When I tried using it as a leave-in treatment on damp hair, it left my hair too greasy (I have wavy, dry hair, but it's also very thin).

I used it to take off waterproof eye makeup, but saw no improvement compared to vaseline/albolene/baby oil.

I tried using it as an extra moisturizing step for my face at night. The oil did not absorb at all during the night and I woke up feeling like my skin was tighter and drier.

It also didn't really help with any eczema patches or dry elbows.

AS A SUPPLEMENT
I LOVED eating it by the spoonful so I had no problem with the taste or the texture. I would have about a tsp a day.

However, after a couple of weeks, I broke out pretty badly in cystic acne around my eyebrows. For the past few years, I rarely break out and when I do, it's because I've eaten too much dairy. So it was strange that I was breaking out around my eyebrows. Also, topical products rarely cause breakouts for me, though I might get hives or rashes, so I was pretty sure that the acne was caused by something new in my diet. It could be the coconut oil or the Puffins cereal I had also started eating around the same time. All I know is that once I stopped eating both of those things, the acne healed and months later, I haven't broken out like that again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by heyitschloe98

I am completely obsessed with coconut oil!!! Its cheap, effective, and easy to use, no matter what brand. Coconut oil has natural antibacterial properties too, so its great for any type of blemish or infection. A little goes a long way! I first borrowed some from my mom for my hair, but later I found out about its endless uses and bought a jar for myself. Here are some of those uses:

-Hair conditioner (leave in for 30 minutes for deeper effect)
-Lotion
-Hand/ foot cream
-cuticle treatment
-acne treatment
-facial moisturizer
-burn treatment
-eczema treatment
-shaving cream (my favorite use, makes your legs incredibly silky smooth)
-body scrub (2.5 parts sugar, 1 part coconut oil)
-body wash
-treatment for minor cuts
-massage oil
-evens facial skin tone (sleep with it on your entire face to reduce redness and moisturize)
-toothpaste (with baking soda)
-makeup remover
-lip balm
-frizzy hair treatment (use a TINY bit on your hands and run them through hair)
-sunscreen SPF4 (its not much, but still helps)
-speeds healing of sunburn
-helps heal mosquito bites, poison oak, and poison ivy
-tanning oil
-homemade vapor rub (add other natural oils such as rosemary or peppermint)
-body balm (whipped up with Shea butter)
-cold sore treatment
-antibacterial/anti-aging skin cream
-on eyelids near the lash line for healthier eyelashes overnight (great for avid mascara wearers)
-intensive elbow moisturizer
-split ends treatment
-face wash

Coconut oil also has tons of not-beauty-related uses:
-blended into smoothies
-taken as a supplement for increased energy, allergy tolerance, mental alertness, and better digestion
-vegetable oil alternative
-blended with hot tea to sooth a sore throat, speed cold recovery, and reduce nausea
-to season cast-iron skillets

Hope this helps!!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am nuts about coconut oil. Heh. Coconuts.

ANYWAY. You can get jar of coconut oil at Trader Joes for 6 bucks. I love to whip it using a hand mixer with shea butter and use it as body cream and eye cream. This makes it much easier to spread. At first, it seemed to take a long time to sink in but now I use it after my nightly shower and I wake up to crazy soft skin. I don't really like using it in my hair because its too heavy, but I feel that way about all oils.

The smell is sort of strong at first (though I love it) but it fades quite a bit unless you keep it refrigerated. Its also awesome for cooking. Gotta love a beauty product that if you don't like to put on your body, you can just eat!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

While I had a reaction after using this on my face (even when I used on my eyelashes to condition them), I love using this on my hair as a mask! It also feels great on my legs after shaving. However, it never really did anything for my keratosis pilaris.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mrsfw

My grandma has used coconut oil on her skin and hair since she was young and it works wonders =). I use it as a hair mask type and as lotion for my body. I also put it in my hair after a shower. I love the smell and it melts on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love using coconut oil on my hair and skin! I use it on my scalp as a carrier for other hair growth products I use and I use it on my skin and hair to moisturize. I often mix it with other essential oils like tea tree oil or peppermint oil or rosemary. It has antimicrobial properties and is great for preventing or getting rid of dandruff or dry flaky skin.