Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 4/9/2008 4:29:00 PM

After a mishap with a metal eye lash comb (scratched upper lid lash line-too much caffiene and was shaky) anyways, had a small area where I lost some lashes, and they were not growing back, After using this product for a week, I can definitely see a lot of improvement, the are has nearly filled in, overall fullness shown, no significant lenthening seen tho. For $4 from Drugstore.com, I would definitiely repurchase.

on 4/8/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yeah....Finally, a product that works AND is VERY, VERY affordable. A rarity, to say the least. I don't know if it truly *accelerates* lash/brow growth but it does seem to keep the hair you have conditioned and works to condition the skin, as well, encouraging both less hair loss and healthier regrowth. Also, it seems to work as almost a clear mascara or primer. This allows my lashes to hold a curl for a longer period of time and replaces my brow fixative. Overall a GREAT product that has simplified my beauty routine - saving me valuable time and money!!!!!!
P.S. Another reviewer mentioned the "Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract", which is a fancy name for Peony Root Extract. I don't know about stimulating regrowth but it does have antibacterial/fungal properties. Certain types of skin conditions relating to dry skin, especially on or near mucous membranes, can be caused by mild inflammation which is, in turn, caused by bacteria/fungii - usually, normal flora that we all have growing on us that can "flare up" around sensitive areas. I would imagine that the conditioning oils + this antibacterial are what make the product so effective.

on 4/7/2008 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been using this on and off for a good two years now...i mainly put it on my brows and I get a lot of compliments on my eyebrows. Definitely fills in sparse brows...I bet it would work better if I used it every night.

Works great on brows! I read somewhere that the ingredient Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract stimulates hair follicles and promotes growth somehow. But I would imagine if you've plucked so much that the follicles are very damaged that this wouldn't work. I've had great success with continual use of this for my brows. Great product. Sometimes I think that I get a vial that isn't quite as "fresh" as it needs to be to produce results and so I don't get as much "brow growth acceleration" with it unless I try to pick out what seems to be a newer package. Quality control could obviously be a bit better, but what do you want for only $4! :) I also try to keep it out of the light as much as possible in case that has a negative effect on the extract's efficacy. hth :)

on 4/1/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I just re-brought this... it worked the first time I used it. So I went out last week saw it for under $4 bucks and brought it. Don't get this stuff in your eyes... stings!

on 3/27/2008 2:56:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one...the packaging is utilitarian...not cute but works just fine. The liquid itself is light and milky, and dries to be a bit tacky (but not uncomfortable) after a few minutes.

I bought this for around 5 bucks at my local CVS...I have naturally thick lashes, but am looking for more length, so I thought, what the heck? I have been using it every night after washing my face (as the package directs) for about a week, and my lashes seem softer but not overly long. However, I know this product takes some time, so I don't mind keeping it up (it's just one more quick step, after all)

As far as issues with lashes falling out, as some other reviewers have experienced, I have had no trouble. Like I said, my lashes seem stronger if anything. I am also really careful never to touch my face/lashes after washing my face though, so that might factor in...I'll give it some more time and then reevaluate :)

on 3/27/2008 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've only been using this product for 3 weeks and I am not exaggerating when I say that it already has made my lashes longer. Not sure if it's b/c it moisturizes and/or strengthens the lashes or what. But it's funny, I have been noticing my eyes looking so much nicer lately (without makeup) and it didn't occur to me that it might be b/c of this product. I just need to figure out how to apply to the roots. Right now I have been just jiggling the wand close to my roots for a second or two before sweeping up. I've used Talika before and this product works just we well so I saved myself a good 30 bucks!

I've been using this religiously every night for the past month, and am happy to report that it works really well. I have to say, though- and this is coming from someone who understands the appeal- people buying this need to not hope too hard for an ultra-quick fix. That doesn't quite exist. I've been putting it on without obsessively checking the length of my lashes, but lately I've noticed that my eyes just look better, my lashes frame my eyes better, look longer and thicker and I can get away without liner or mascara. And best of all, there's significantly fewer lashes dropping. I tried using it during the day but found that it made my lashes look powdery...flakey almost, like it caught on to my foundation, so I'll stick to using it only at night. I haven't experienced any eye-stinging, and I do have sensitive eyes so I would have noticed. I've recently started trying it on my brows, so we'll see how things go there, but in general, for 7 AUD, people could do a lot worse.

on 3/17/2008 1:54:00 AM

Overall I'd give this a 3.5. I'm on my 2nd tube, I'm the worst when it comes to making a habit of using this. This time around I'm trying to make a real effort to use this nightly. I just finished my second week, I managed about 5x/week. Although I haven't seen a drastic difference in length, I have noticed that my eyelashes are curling better, they seem to be holding their curl for most of the day.

I attempted to use this as a primer but found that my lashes wouldn't hold a curl. I do recall when I was on my 1st tube, used as a nightly treatment, my lashes holding a better curl. So I'm going to assume that this product is making a positive difference in my lashes. Now if I can just get myself to use this every night...ugh!

on 2/28/2008 3:15:00 PM

I'm asian with short and thin lashes top and bottom. I started using this stuff for over a week now. I use this every night I use my fingers first to rub the gel on the roots of my top and bottom lashes then I use the brush it comes with to brush my lashes. So the results has been great. My lashes are long and my bottom ones are catching up with my top lashes. I can't believe it because I've spent so much money on Talika products and it never gave me results. I hope they don't discontinue this because it is the best! its cheap and it works. It doesnt hurt to try either! I will never want to go with out this stuff!

Popular Lash Treatments