Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 7/31/2003 3:43:00 PM

My stylist recommended this shampoo after getting highlights. While it definitely maintains the color, it leaves my hair somewhat dry. I hate that it takes a lot of product to lather, too. I don't think I'd buy this again.

The only color treatred shampoo I trust on my ever changing colored hair. Paired with my Color Extend conditioner.. it's a match made in heaven!

on 7/26/2003 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost 3 months now. It WAS doing good, but now my hair is drying out for some reason. I do a clarifying shampoo every now and then to remove the build up, but the shampoo just isn't doing the job anymore. My hair is dry as its ever been.

on 7/5/2003 2:23:00 AM

[Packaging]

Nothing of a striking design, the typical Redken's tall plastic bottle with its flip cap. But i dread that type of flip cap cuz it'll gardually get blocked up with the product and get all clogged up. Hence need to take special attn of every now and then

[Product Quality]

Love the SCENT! After washing, makes my hair smells sooooo GREAT! =P tink it does retains my hair colour longer and keeps its vibracy but wish it latters and bubbles up MORE (i like those foamy formula, lotsa bubblez), cleans well BUT er.. kinda leaves hair feeling not so moisturized. Tink its great for colour hair but lacking alittle on the moisturizing factor hence..

[Overall]

i tends to alternates with a more moisturizing formula or color enhance shampoo. bought this again few times, buy the bigger bottle, its CHEAPER!!! continued >>

on 7/1/2003 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I usually love Redken products, but this one is a total dud for me. I have lowlights and highlights and glaze over all that so I try to take the best care of my hair that I can.

It's been a couple of weeks and I've already used about half the bottle. Why? Because it takes a ton of shampoo to get my hair clean. I have shoulder length, fine hair and don't use that many styling products and it takes at least two lathers to get my hair clean. What a waste! continued >>

on 6/22/2003 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The bottle looks pretty cool, but that's about it. This stuff sucks in my opinion. It doesn't lather & it leaves my hair feeling dry. In fact, I don't think it does a freaking thing. Only use this if you have very fine, limp hair.

on 6/6/2003 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say I agree with the last review. I've never used a shampoo quite like this. I really couldn't lather anything because it caused my hair to tangle in the shower. I applied more product thinking I just didn't use enough. But I ended up with an even bigger tangly mess on my head. It couldn't have been my hair, because I lathered with another shampoo and it (thankfully) took out the tangles. This was my first purchase in the Redken line and I was disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can believe the wonderful reviews posted here! This is the worst shampoo I have ever used! It makes my hair so dry - I could hardly massage my scalp while shampooing without getting my nails snarled by hairs - I could hardly run my fingers through while rinsing and after that, my hair was a tangled mess of hay on top of my head!!! I am only able to run my fingers through and comb it after I managed to run some non-rinse conditioner into the strands. I have used it only for 3 shampoos but decided that I will throw the whole bottle away. A real waste of money and it wasn't cheap. Really disappointed. This will be my first and last experience with a Redken hair product. Sorry my post is so different but my experience is genuine.

on 12/7/2001 12:13:00 PM

I still claim that Redken makes THE best haircare products. This shampoo was perfect. Weightless and not drying at all. Perfect for holding in color.