April 19, 2014 | 1717 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by aStarlitSea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally got to smell this the other day when my mom picked it up for herself. This is the epitome of class to me - i took one whiff and thought instantly of old hollywood and glamorous women. This can be a little overwhelming at first so be careful with initial application but it mellows after about 5 minutes into a lovely classic floral with a yummy powdery smell, i can smell the sandlewood i think in the base too. It smells really great on my mom but i don't think this is a smell for me right now, i feel a bit young for this personally, almost unworthy lol but i can see how it could smell great on someone else my age or on me in the future. Highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To my utterly HUGE disappointment, this scent just doesn't work on my skin. The smell turns out somewhat flowery, but most really, really SOAPY. I am very disappointed 'cause I had imagined this to be mine "THE perfume" .. but I'll manage. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put this on around noon, almost 9 hours later I can still smell faint tones. I don't love it. I spritzed it at the perfume counter, since I've always wanted to see what the fuss was about, I'm glad I didn't buy it. It smells "old lady" to me. I don't mean creepy old lady with the cat hair sweater, but a dignified, sophisticated lady, the kind of lady that I may be in 30 more years, but am certainly not today. It's a nice fragrance, but it's too old for me, and I'm almost 40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Classic. Classy scent. when I think of Chanel No.5 I envision a lady in Pearls and a 1950's dress. Sadly I cannot pull this off. I'm more of a jeans and tshirt kind of girl. But this scent brings back so many great memories of amazing women in my life. Aunt's, Teachers, Grandmothers. I had to give it a good review. It was first launched in the 1920's and it is still going strong today. That says something about this scent. Very sophisticated without being snooty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by rocknride

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chanel No. 5 is a timeless elegant fragrance. It is one of my all time favorites. While some fragrances evidently severely offend certain people, I loathe how the scent is compared to elderly ladies in a most offensive way. There was another fragrance I reviewed and like very much. The person before me likened the fragrance to "old ladies that peed their pants". Enough. You will be there some day yourselves and perhaps wearing Depends.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by meetwo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chanel No. 5 is a beautiful classy scent for ladies of all ages. Grandma perfume? PLU-EEZE....I know ladies ages 14 - 97 who wear this, all of them with great style and sophistication.
Furthermore, unlike Ms. Olympia below, I don't disrespect my elders, my mother/ my grandmother or my loving elderly aunts. I would never degrade them or publicly humiliate them. I would never metaphorically spit on a loving gift from a charming elderly aunt and then also publicly degrade her. How AWFUL. What sort of ill mannered poor upbringing did this person have? How very low class.
Of course, all the more reason to doubt the reviewers taste in fragrances. Chanel No. 5 does not have to rely on prestige and the reputation of it's creator and Ms. Coco. This is a classic aldehydic floral that could stand on it's own even if it were marketed by Dana. It's a sophisticated constantly evolving floral that eschews class, style and verve. One thinks of Audrey Hepburn, Bridgette Bardot and other ladies of class and style when one catches the aroma of Chanel No. 5

This is not a silly teenage cotton candy, bubblegum scent. It's a classy and classic scent which can be worn with panache by ladies of all ages who posess style.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a lovely fragrance. A tad sweet for my taste, but I think is a very versatile perfume and works nicely with a lot of people. I prefer fresher smells with less heavy scents, but overall I think thsi appeals to a lot of people.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Mostfluffy

I do not know what everybody thinks is so great about it. I find eau première a little bit better and it smells less like urine...sorry
i think most people tend to buy it because it is Chanel and maybe by wearing it the glamour of Chanel Coco will radiate on them as well. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by calluses

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a classic fragrance. To me, it smells classy. Every so often I find a new fragrance that gets me all excited and I'll buy it, but after a while, I go back to Chanel No. 5 and it's like coming home again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What is more classic than No. 5, really? It is filled with memories of my mother. It was/is one of the perfumes/bath products she enjoys and I buy regularly for her birthday, etc.

I personally don't like No. 5,, or any of Chanel's perfumes for that matter, in any form except pure parfum (extrait). Chanel uses quality rose and jasmine; however whatever other additives they put in the edt/edp set off my husband's allergies. The parfum stays close to the skin and is elegant and refined for all occasions. It's feminine, but not too sweet/fussy.