Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/10/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume on everyone usually, but on me it smells like baby powder only, so I do not use it. As much as I do love baby powder, I rather not spend the big bucks on it. ;-) I have a tiny bottle of the actual perfume that i have had for years & years. It is still like brand new, no fading, no evaporation, no sediments. This in itself speaks volumes about it's purity & excellence. I continue to keep it in hopes that someday, I too will be able to wear and enjoy this fragrance on myself as I enjoy it so much on others...well that reason, and also because the actual perfume is soooo very expensive. ;-)
I wear it's sister perfume Coco, and I have worn it for years. It smells divine one me, IMO. I do wish they all lasted longer though. I have never had a real perfume of this, but maybe someday, and it is supposed to last longer.
All in all, I do love the smell of Chanel No. 5 on most people, and I do know it is well worth the $. For all the ladies that can wear this fragrance well, please continue to do so. It is a real pleasure to my senses.

on 11/21/2010 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Believe it or not, I have been wearing this since I was 15. My sister- in- law gave me my first bottle and I have never looked back. Pretty classy perfume for a 15 year old who still wore Heaven Scent! (yah, it was the 60's) It is my 'go to' for special occasions in the summer (cuz I use DKCM daily on hot, humid days)....Chanel tends to be too heavy for hot weather, but when winter comes, it is back on top of the vanity! I just LOVE it , my husband loves it, and ladies at work usually ask me if I am wearing Chanel.(and they mean it as a compliment). It is my signature scent. I feel fortunate that I have been able to pull this off for so many years. Perfumes are so delicate and unpredictable from one person to another. During the past decade, I have discovered that the Body Lotion , alone, does the trick just fine. I treat myself to the #5 soap bar and the whole bathroom floats in Chanel. Wish they made it in a deodorant. It would be heaven, if they would.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This perfume is defiantly an acquired taste and is not for every one. I really like Chanel No.5 and it has great staying power it doesn't wear off over a period of time. It does have a heavy scent but I quite like that about it.

on 10/31/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This legendary parfum may smell nice overall but it reminds me of an old cakey faced woman dressed in real fur and surrounded by pearls. Too decadent and old fashion for my taste.

on 10/5/2010 11:38:00 AM

I have not been able to be a part of the Chanel 5 craze that continuously sweeps us ladies. Yes, classy it is, no doubt about that, but the scent is so reminiscent of the older females in my family (specially my grandmother <3) that I associate this classic scent with older women. Even my husband agrees. I prefer to stick to Chanel's line of makeup and accessories.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm more of a spicy/oriental scent girl and there is nothing I hate more than the old lady floral perfumes ie: FlowerBomb (gags). Florals always give me terrible headaches & nausea. But, No.5 is soooo soft and feminine. This is just like stepping out of the shower (fresh, clean & pretty). This is a perfect workday or weekend scent, not too sophisticated or too sexy. I'm not a fan of Chanel (clothing or beauty) but this I do like and recommend it.

on 9/21/2010 4:36:00 AM

The smell is complex, but I don't enjoy it. I don't see the appeal.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Great perfume, my favorite that I've smelled.
I'm not much of a perfume girl but this one is wonderful. I don't understand the 'old lady' name associated with it, just because it is classic and well known.

Chanel No 5 is for the woman who wants to be smelled. A woman who is strong and powerful, yet feminine at heart.

This is still the world's best selling fragrance even if it is close to a 100 years old! Can't imagine that from 1920s this scent can stay so modern till today it is still so widely accepted. Not many fragrances crafted from the 1920s still exist and selling at this point of time.

The heart of May Rose and Jasmine is brought to life with the opening of aldehydic notes. It may smell soapy to some and yet powdery to others. The base of iris (woody) and sandalwood brings about a sensual factor to the scent.

The EDP is a joy but the true beauty lies in the Parfum extrait. The scent developes very differently with the Parfum, the scent of roses and iris much more heightened in this concentration.

I do not care that many says this is Grannyseque or for the older ladies. A fragrance is an indivdual expression and if the "pants" fits, go for it!

on 8/27/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Chanel No. 5 to me is like the fancy lady that everyone knows yet not everyone can be friends with her.

It’s a beautiful perfume filled with an air of sophistication that the Chanel house is so famous for.
When I was growing up I always heard women talking about the elusive Chanel No. 5 perfume and how wonderful and sophisticated it was.
A lot of the female artist I used to love back then swore by it and talked about it as if the juice in that bottle was a blanket of sensuous sophistication you can be a part of just by spraying the perfume on your body.
All I knew back then was that I when I grew up I wanted to be one of those women. I wanted Chanel No 5 to envelop me in its magic.

Well I grew up……and Chanel No 5 did not become my signature scent. I love it and I think it is one of the most beautiful perfumes out there but I just can’t wear it all the time or pull it off.

Since its introduction to the perfume industry and the world in 1921, Chanel No. 5 has been in the hearts and bodies of many women. Created by perfumer Ernest Beaux, The fragrance has been described as “the world’s most legendary fragrance”, now that is a big burden to carry in this day and age when the perfume industry is bombarded with so many launches year after year, yet Chanel No. 5 has been able to stay on top with its charm and silent sophistication.

Chanel No. 5 to me smells like a well mannered lady. When you first smell the fragrance you definitely get the floral aldehydes that identifies this fragrance. Of course this fragrance is known for changing the perfume industry many years ago and the culprit were the aldehydes notes. There is a burst of citrus which can be contributed to the lemon and bergamot which keeps the fragrance very fresh and clean. After a few minutes No. 5 becomes a lot softer on my skin. This is where the well behaved lady comes in. I attribute this to the ylang ylang notes which start to ground the fragrance and make its transition into the heart or middle notes a lot smoother.

This fragrance is clean, fresh, and floral with powdery notes, a very expensive powder. It feels like a very expensive bedroom, one I want to be in.
The middle notes are composed of Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley and Iris. You may think that this would make the fragrance very floral but on me it translates as very clean, soft and a very feminine scent. It really becomes a barely there come hither scent. The powdery of the iris is very alive on my skin.
When the base notes make their appearance, No. 5 is not that impressive on me. It is very soft and it takes on this right out of the shower scent. This is very appealing to me personally but after such a journey with the top and middle notes, I hoped that the base notes translated a lot stronger on me.

For me the most beautiful part of the fragrance are the heart notes. It is full of life, softness and femininity. Overall I think Chanel No.5 is filled with soft glamour, sensual and it still translates as a very classic scent. Even though it was created many years ago it has been able to remain modern and steal the hearts of women all over the world. It is a fragrance that will continue to allure and enchant the heart and noses of many women for years to come.

Alexandra