April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by dreamingangel

this stung my eyes the first few times i used it, and i was really regretting getting this. nonetheless i persevered (well, it was a huge bottle and i didn't want to waste this) using it to remove face as well as eye makeup. after a week or so this stopped stinging, or perhaps my eyes have become accustomed to it, so that now it feels like water. cleans fairly well, and because its non-oily, i like using it to remove makeup for the whole face. it feels soapy, but after rinsing with water my face is already sqeaky clean such that im tempted to skip the usual cleanser afterward.

im now half way through the bottle, but i think its likely i'll be buying this again. love its watery feeling.
i just stocked up another two bottles of this! it was selling for S$10.90 instead of the usual $18.90, so i thought what the heck, might as well get two. this supply will probably last me well into next year!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this makeup remover sting my eyes badly, its definitely not gentle at all. it cannot remove waterproof mascara for nuts either. to finish using this, i use it with a cotton bud to clean up mistakes. will not buy this again once i finish my current bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by sthaidamri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Af first, I kept telling myself that the product might not be the cause why the skin around my eyes was so sensitive...cause it was supposed to be gentle. But after a few day use, it still stung my eyes (badly)...so I had to stop using it...it was definitely the culprit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I love this stuff. Got a mini as a GWP awhile ago and finally tried it. This is non oily so it doesnt leave a residue on my contact lenses. Also doesnt burn or irritate them. Completely removes all my eye makeup. Thrilled with this. Retails for $12 for 8.4 oz. Cant wait to try the pads!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bluejoansie

Ive spent the last six months, and probably $75 trying to find an alternative to this eye makeup remover. I've used it for about 10 years; it's the only remover that doesn't leave an oily residue. There are two reasons why I wanted another product: 1) I was afraid it contained alcohol and was drying out delicate eye area, 2) It is a bit pricey.

What I discovered is that though I have found other good removers, and some bad, this one is the best for me, and I haven't found any information yet to confirm my suspitions. Below are the makeup removers I tried in descending order from best to worst:

BODY SHOP CHAMOMILE: non-greasy remover that is especially great in the morning used after face washing to remove all traces of eye makeup. Leaves a clean, non oily surface for morning makeup application. Also great to cleanup mistakes and smudges. Does not irritate my sensitive eyes, or contacts.

NIVEA EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: this is my second favorite. I used this at night, because it has a creamy texture which melts makeup but is not oily. It does not sting my eyes, but does leave a slight moisturizing film, which actually feels quite soothing. I don't use this in the morning, or usually not to fix mistakes because the film would interfere with makeup.

DIOR GEL DE LAIT MAGIQUE DEMAQUILLANT: This was a splurge. I am 46, and concerned about dryness, but also want to do better at taking my makeup off every night (still have the occasional slip-up). This creamy gel is for face and eyes, and has a lovely scent, and is easy to wipe off with a face clothe. It makes me feel a little like a spoiled parisian woman. I probably won't buy again because of the price, and it does not get all stubborn eye makeup off, but I really enjoy using it!

PONDS BARE AND REPAIR: I bought this remover after reading raves about it here. It's good for the price -- better than LANCOME BI-FACIAL, and 1/3 the price. But it is a little oily. I wouldn't use it in the morning, or for mistakes. I've used it at night, but it does leave an oily residue.

LANCOME BI-FACIAL: Speaking of oily residue, this stuff leaves my eyes swimming in it. It is very good at melting away the eye makeup fast, but my eyes become irritated from the film left behind. This came in a Lancome gift pack; I would never buy it.

ALBOLENE CLEANSER: This has been around for a while. It's the industrial strength remover of makeup. It's very cheap, and comes in a large jar. I don't use it because it is too heavy for me, and it leaves lots of oil behind, but my daughter, who wears tons of eyeliner and mascara, uses this alot. She also, however, uses the BODY SHOP CHAMOMILE, to fix mistakes.

ALMAY MAKEUP REMOVER PADS: Unless you want oil applied directly to your lids designed to get trapped in your lashes, and end up in your tear ducts, don't buy this.

Well, I hope my makeup remover mistakes help someone else. I am happily back to the CHAMOMILE REMOVER. I can see clearly now (sorry for the bad pun).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jc118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was gentle but a bit too gentle. It didn't take off my mascara at all. Won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by zsasuy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i would love to like this product but it didnt remove that easily on my FASIO waterproof mascara. even when fixing little smudges it didnt. it requires a lot of rubbing before the whole mascara comes off. kinda pricey. i guess baby oil works better than this one when it comes to getting rid of waterproof mascara. i wont buy this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2005 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an HG eye make-up remover for me. Its very gentle, doesn't burn the eyes, yet still removes all the eye make-up just fine. It is a tad pricey though. There are some other cheaper options, but when I can, I stick to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bluediva

I really wanted to like this b/c I like TBS, and it seemed to work great when I tried it during a make-over in the store. I wear dark e/s most days, so I need a good remover. Plus I have sensitive skin. This stuff did sting a bit, and it required more rubbing than I'd like, but it rinsed away easily. I also appreciate that it wasn't oily. I wanted to try something other than my usual L'Oreal eye makeup remover, but this was nothing thrilling. To be fair, it did a good job removing very metallic cream shadow, and I like the flip-top cap on the bottle. It works well with a q-tip to fix little mascara and liner smudges without wrecking the rest of my eye makeup. So I will use this product as an "eraser" and keep looking for my HG eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I havenít tried MACís yet but these are pretty darn good. Whenever Iím feeling extremely lazy and I donít want to bother with face cleanser, eye make-up remover, a dry towel and the sink Ė I opt for this. Itís very successful at removing face make-up, but I find I have to rub a little more vigorously at my eyes to remove every last bit of mascara and gel eyeliner. Sometimes I will have to run over my eye area with a bit of make up remover to get every last bit. My only gripe is that although this wipe is supposed to be moisturizing, it kind of leaves my skin feeling slightly sticky. So eventually I do have to manually wash my face with water, cleanser and the whole shebang. Nonetheless, great for those lazy days after work. And the baby wipes dispensing packaging is super for keeping the wipes moist. I may re-buy if I cannot discover better