July 30, 2014 | 2164 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by xdivinedollx

LOVE THIS! the only eyemakeup remover that i am pleased with. It is very gentle, didnt burn my eyes or anything. I love that it isnt greasy, it feels like water! With one swipe allll of my eye makeup is gone, i dont have to rub the cotton pad across my lids and thats a good thing bc of the delicate eye area. With other eye makeup removers-i would use them and wash my face and have raccoon eyes! Not with this though, i will use it as long as the make it. Ill have to agree that is more expensive than drugstore brands but since i work there and get the discount its not too bad, but even if i didnt get a discount i would deff pay full price, its such a large bottle and lasts months.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by totheMax16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I didn't buy this product. My roommate actually uses this "gentle" eye makeup remover and I wanted to see if it works well. This stuff burns my eyes. I give it two lippies because it is not the worst eye makeup remover that I have tired and my roommate doesn't seem to have a problem with it. But I must say if they were giving this product away ...I wouldn't take it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xobabygurl66xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was browseing through the Body Shop and I saw that this was on sale. It usually sells for $12 but it was on sale for only $5. I thought it was a great deal because even drugstore eye makeup removers cost about $5, and this had half as much product too, so, I bought it. It does it's job of removing eye makeup. I don't really see a difference in this from regular drugstore brands but it does have better ingredients. I will buy this again when it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by dreamingangel

this stung my eyes the first few times i used it, and i was really regretting getting this. nonetheless i persevered (well, it was a huge bottle and i didn't want to waste this) using it to remove face as well as eye makeup. after a week or so this stopped stinging, or perhaps my eyes have become accustomed to it, so that now it feels like water. cleans fairly well, and because its non-oily, i like using it to remove makeup for the whole face. it feels soapy, but after rinsing with water my face is already sqeaky clean such that im tempted to skip the usual cleanser afterward.

im now half way through the bottle, but i think its likely i'll be buying this again. love its watery feeling.
i just stocked up another two bottles of this! it was selling for S$10.90 instead of the usual $18.90, so i thought what the heck, might as well get two. this supply will probably last me well into next year!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this makeup remover sting my eyes badly, its definitely not gentle at all. it cannot remove waterproof mascara for nuts either. to finish using this, i use it with a cotton bud to clean up mistakes. will not buy this again once i finish my current bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by sthaidamri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Af first, I kept telling myself that the product might not be the cause why the skin around my eyes was so sensitive...cause it was supposed to be gentle. But after a few day use, it still stung my eyes (badly)...so I had to stop using it...it was definitely the culprit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I love this stuff. Got a mini as a GWP awhile ago and finally tried it. This is non oily so it doesnt leave a residue on my contact lenses. Also doesnt burn or irritate them. Completely removes all my eye makeup. Thrilled with this. Retails for $12 for 8.4 oz. Cant wait to try the pads!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bluejoansie

Ive spent the last six months, and probably $75 trying to find an alternative to this eye makeup remover. I've used it for about 10 years; it's the only remover that doesn't leave an oily residue. There are two reasons why I wanted another product: 1) I was afraid it contained alcohol and was drying out delicate eye area, 2) It is a bit pricey.

What I discovered is that though I have found other good removers, and some bad, this one is the best for me, and I haven't found any information yet to confirm my suspitions. Below are the makeup removers I tried in descending order from best to worst:

BODY SHOP CHAMOMILE: non-greasy remover that is especially great in the morning used after face washing to remove all traces of eye makeup. Leaves a clean, non oily surface for morning makeup application. Also great to cleanup mistakes and smudges. Does not irritate my sensitive eyes, or contacts.

NIVEA EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: this is my second favorite. I used this at night, because it has a creamy texture which melts makeup but is not oily. It does not sting my eyes, but does leave a slight moisturizing film, which actually feels quite soothing. I don't use this in the morning, or usually not to fix mistakes because the film would interfere with makeup.

DIOR GEL DE LAIT MAGIQUE DEMAQUILLANT: This was a splurge. I am 46, and concerned about dryness, but also want to do better at taking my makeup off every night (still have the occasional slip-up). This creamy gel is for face and eyes, and has a lovely scent, and is easy to wipe off with a face clothe. It makes me feel a little like a spoiled parisian woman. I probably won't buy again because of the price, and it does not get all stubborn eye makeup off, but I really enjoy using it!

PONDS BARE AND REPAIR: I bought this remover after reading raves about it here. It's good for the price -- better than LANCOME BI-FACIAL, and 1/3 the price. But it is a little oily. I wouldn't use it in the morning, or for mistakes. I've used it at night, but it does leave an oily residue.

LANCOME BI-FACIAL: Speaking of oily residue, this stuff leaves my eyes swimming in it. It is very good at melting away the eye makeup fast, but my eyes become irritated from the film left behind. This came in a Lancome gift pack; I would never buy it.

ALBOLENE CLEANSER: This has been around for a while. It's the industrial strength remover of makeup. It's very cheap, and comes in a large jar. I don't use it because it is too heavy for me, and it leaves lots of oil behind, but my daughter, who wears tons of eyeliner and mascara, uses this alot. She also, however, uses the BODY SHOP CHAMOMILE, to fix mistakes.

ALMAY MAKEUP REMOVER PADS: Unless you want oil applied directly to your lids designed to get trapped in your lashes, and end up in your tear ducts, don't buy this.

Well, I hope my makeup remover mistakes help someone else. I am happily back to the CHAMOMILE REMOVER. I can see clearly now (sorry for the bad pun).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jc118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was gentle but a bit too gentle. It didn't take off my mascara at all. Won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by zsasuy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i would love to like this product but it didnt remove that easily on my FASIO waterproof mascara. even when fixing little smudges it didnt. it requires a lot of rubbing before the whole mascara comes off. kinda pricey. i guess baby oil works better than this one when it comes to getting rid of waterproof mascara. i wont buy this again