Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/21/2014 12:48:00 AM

I have this in the tube and am a fan. I have tried this primer with a huge range of eye shadows from various brands and find it pairs favourably with them all and does it's duty of keeping shadow looking true to colour all day.

I don't have dry eyelids so need the help of a primer to stop shadows creasing after a few hours wear. I have tried various eye primers, this performed a lot better on me than the Lorac, I like it more than the Nars but find it quite comparable to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and as good as Lime Crime eye primer which I love.

A little goes a very long way so you certainly get your money's worth.

on 9/20/2014 5:34:00 PM

I am not a fan of this. I know I am in the minority here, but it actually made my shadows crease. I tried putting it on just my lid as well as all the lid up to the brow. It is very slick when you put it on and when it "dries" it accentuates every imperfection.

on 9/20/2014 12:18:00 PM

I was given this as a gift, at first I didnt want to try it, I dont like to use many layers of things. And an eyelid primer seemed overkill... But I realized that my oily skin and allergic, watery eyes were ruining my eye makeup within the first 2 hours or less of application so I gave this a try. I dont use a primer on the rest of my face, but I do use this on my eyelids, and sometimes I use it on my entire eye area, eyebrows included, because I fill mine in with pencil.
It really works to hold the eyeshadow and liner in place, and it feels light and velvety.
I love the Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Sin" as an all over lid light rosy champagne color wash, and I recently saw this primer available in that color. Im tempted to try it, but I think I prefer to repurchase this plain version, and buy the Sin eyeshadow shade separately.

on 9/20/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm hooked. I resisted this because of the price for quite a while, but I'm so glad I tried it. I apply my face primer all over (including my eyelids), then follow up with a dot of this stuff rubbed into each lid. My eye makeup lasts as long as I need it to - up to 16 hours! This is incredible, considering my oily skin and constant eye-watering due to contacts and allergies. I would love to find something cheaper, but the fact that this lasts so long for me helps mitigate the pain of the price. Love the packaging, it's cute and very practical. The tube helps dispense just the right amount - I only ever need a tiny dot for each eye. This is NOT a white or clear product, it's tinted to match your skin tone so it really is undetectable. I want to try WNW Fergie's Take on the Day b/c it's so affordable and well-reviewed, but if that doesn't work I will be buying this again!

on 9/18/2014 10:28:00 PM

So far, this one is my favorite. I've tried other "flavors" of the UDPP, but I like this one the best. It has great staying power. My eyeshadow looks pretty much the same at the end of a 12-hour day as it did at the start--no creasing, no fading. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

on 9/18/2014 3:22:00 PM

My favorite.

on 9/13/2014 9:54:00 AM

Best eye makeup primer I have used. I have very oily skin and live in Florida and this primer keeps my eye makeup from melting.

on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Back in the day, I had a potion-shaped tube of this stuff. More recently, I got a sample with my Naked palette. Happily, it took a while to run through the original UDPP. Eyeshadow primer is great because it makes eyeshadow more vibrant and last longer. That being said, it is not a miracle worker, especially for the dark-skinned, in terms of vibrancy of eyeshadows. I also use NYX Milk on top of UDPP to make the pigment stand out even more. The stickiness of the UDPP is not enough on its own for me.

I probably will not buy this anytime soon, because I still have to get through the other samples and a small tube of UDPP in Sin.

on 9/11/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this eye shadow primer but after you apply it try putting a MAC paint pot on top before your eye shadow as a base. It really helps the shadow to show up more pigmented and last all day and night. My favorites are painterly and soft ochre due to them both being neutral on me which makes it easy to wear any variation of colors on top.

Very good product. Does what it claims.

Video Reviews & Tutorials