April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample & was really looking forward to using it after reading many great reviews. This was very drying on my eyes, I actually wet a clothe and removed some before applying shadow because I could feel the tightness. Did my shadow stay on? Oh yeah, like it was tattooed on me, lol. If it was a long day/special occasion, then I could see using this. But for me on the regular no. It's just too drying & tight feeling. (like I hair sprayed my eyelids) I'll stick with Too Faced eye primer which holds well, but doesn't leave me so dry & tight. One thing I did notice in reviews is that many said they have oily eyelids so maybe this is why UD works so well for them. I have another sample which I'm going to give to a friend who also says she has oily eyelids and see if that's the ticket for this product. By the way, I don't have dry eyelids. They're just not oily. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by teacuppig

Overall, a really good eyeshadow primer. When I forget to use eye cream the night before, the primer does highlight a small dry patch I have near my inner corner, but other than that it does everything an eye primer should. But definitely get the tube instead of the bottle, it's much easier to get the product out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I've read a lot of good reviews about this item and decided to buy it the other day when I went to sephora. Eden was out of stock so I bought original instead. since I'm sticking to more natural and matte makeup products I didn't consider the other two, Sin and Greed, which can be used by itself as eyeshadows. Though the price is a bit too much for a student like me but I don't regret because I am surprised how great it works out for me ! It made my eye shadow stay on all day and really does make your eye shadow to appear more vibrant ! I live in the tropics so it's really great for battling humid weather. And also, it comes in a nice tube and really easy to squeeze. You only need a really small amount so one tube can last a really long time. This is the eye primer to go for. my huge HG ! Will definitely repurchase despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by LinaVictoria

This primer is a must for party make up that will last all night. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AnaPT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Get this stuff at Nordstrom Rack, they always have it in stock andit costs 1/3 the price!!! HG

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! I have very oily skin so even when using an eye primer my eyeshadow still creases and slides off my lids, this eye primer sets it in stone! I have only the tried the original formula and I'm sold. My eyeshadow lasts all day and well into the night!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by melinichole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily lids at times and thought this primer would be perfect for me....WRONG!!! It totally left dry patches on my lids for what reason, I don't know. (BTW this was about 6 years ago) I thought it may have been a defect so I just tossed it. Decided to give it another try last year and it did it again lol. Don't get me wrong it does what its suppose to do...my eyeshadow didn't go anywhere when I used it no creasing or nothing. The only problem was the dry patches on my lid which is a BIG NO NO in my book. I still don't understand why it did it because my lids are greasy and thought it would be a good match...but it dried it out toooooooooooo much. I'm still on the hunt for my HG eye primer so if you have any suggestions please leave me a message.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rayychell

One of my HG items! (: I remember questioning eyelid primers in the beginning of my makeup career and thinking that they're a waste of money as shouldn't eyeshadows already just show up nicely and highly pigmented on our eyelids (after all, we're already paying a hefty price for them). But after I tried a sample size of this, I was immediately converted and have since then made this part of my daily makeup routine.
I have tried a couple of other lower end eye primers namely the ELF eyelid primer, which is super cheap for a dollar! But UDPP definitely beats it as the skin absorbs it quite well so that it doesn't leave that much of a pasty film as the ELF one does. UDPP is also very creamy and will absorb almost immediately after rubbing gently over the eyelid. I have found that eyeshadow colors show their full potential on this, last ALOT longer (for the entire day), and blend a whole lot better.
A lot of people have been complaining about the price, but I have found the full-size original bottles (which I love more for their easy wand stick) for around 8-9 bucks at Nordstrom Rack, so as long as I keep finding it there, I'm a happy camper and will continue to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by chelseanicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UDPP is definitely one of my holy grail items. It makes my eyeshadow last all day, even in intense summer heat. I will always buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachichi28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My eyelids tend to get extremely oily not only overnight but during the day. With that being said this product solves all of that. When I apply it to my eyelid I immediately notice that all of the oil disappears and it even, evens out my skin tone on my eyelid.
This eyeshadow primer is the best primer I've ever used and Ive used a few different ones. Nothing compares to the long-lasting results that this Urban Decay Primer Potion gives me. I come home after a day of work and school and my eyeshadow still looks amazing.