October 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Violet73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff! I had huge problems with my nails peeling until I discovered Solar Oil. I found that if I give my nails a break from polish every so often, and just apply this once or twice a day, my nails are stronger and do not peel or chip. IMO, this is the best product you can buy for problem nails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I find I have strong healthy nails and good looking cuticles if I apply nail oil every night. This works as well as any other I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2003 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Gatsbysgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I found out about this product from a manicurist and had to buy it immediately! It really helps to keep nail color fresher longer. I usually put this on after my nails have started to dry but aren't yet set. It helps to keep the polish from chipping and keeps that "just manicured" look longer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Paintedbears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product and others in the line for over 16 years...I adore it! The smell, the light feel, how nice my cuticles stay. I use it on my lips in a pinch for moisture and even on cracked, chapped heels and elbows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by andrearn9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Major rave for this product. I've always had thick, dry and fast growing cuticles that had a tendency to split and crack. I was bloody hangnail city. I bought Solar oil and made a commitment to use it at least once a day. I must say, it's worth it. If you're diligent about applying this daily, you'll see great results. Cuticles stay soft. No cracking, no dryness. The oil absorbs very quickly and is very light. Almond fragrance is quite nice. Keep a bottle by your bedside and apply it every night. You'll like the results. Use it during a manicure to soften your cuticles so you can push them back. I also use it as a nail dryer. I found it cheapest at transdesign.com. A 2.3 oz. bottle was around $12.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2003 8:16:00 PM More reviews by catgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Avoplex is much better than this. I bought this in a pinch and it just isn't as good as Avoplex.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 7:47:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not liking this product. I've used it everyday for a long time but I don't see any results. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jacona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SolarOil was recommended to me by a manicurist/nailtech for my dry cuticles and nails that tend to curve downward. They are healthy and grow incredibly fast other than that. I have definitely noticed a difference. The mix of sweet almond oil w/ other oils smells great and absorbs quickly. Witihn a few minutes my super dry cuticles look great. I also noticed I can grow out my nails a little longer before they start to curve which is great because my nails grow fast I can actually go longer than a week now without having to cut them. A great tip mentioned below, place your bottle on your desk/computer so that you remember to apply it at least once a day for maximum results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2003 5:09:00 PM More reviews by doctorsirena

I loved this cuticle treatment! The oil is very light and absorbs completely within about 1/2 hr (my cuticles are very dry and cracking since it is winter in the cold climate where I live). I like that it is easy to apply with the brush and smells good. I noticed an immediate improvement in my cuticles.

Solar Oil is MUCH, MUCH better than cuticle creams like Burts Bees Lemon (that smells good but was messy and didn't absorb for me).

I purchased this at an Ulta store near me for a reasonable $5 (larger size available for $8). A definite new staple in my nail care regime.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by sexyadri4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do have to agree with the other reviewers in that it has a nice scent, but I don't really see any difference when I use this. I figure that you could use straight oil and get the same benefits without the price. I didn't really see any point to this because it just didn't do anything for me, even though I wanted it to. Just seems like an extra step that I could do without.