December 22, 2014 | 1844 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by sweetshadowx0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like how it makes my skin feel but I just don't like the look of it! I much rather use L'oreal True Match powder so I have gone back to that without finishing this compact. It just doesn't blend into my skin nicely and it just doesn't look like a high end cosmetic product should look like. I definately would not recomend it even thought the casing looks nice

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 4:53:00 AM More reviews by sgordiz

I love love love this stuff.
I've always used Clinique blended powder (loose) but it's not ideal to carry around for quick touh-ups. I wasn't sure about getting a pressed powder to put on top of the liquid and loose during the day, but then I discovered the Invisible Matte shade, which is perfect for every skin tone! It just blots out shine and minimises the look of pores without caking or adding any extra colour. This stuff is AMAZING! I carry it everywhere with me!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Iriegirl

If memory serves me correct, over 2 years ago, the SA recommended the Brandy which was way too dark for me and it also darkened throughout the day. At that time, my complexion had darkened due to a severe reaction to anti acne topical ointment and I had to search for another powder since my current one at the time was then too light. I recall my mom seeing me and she immediately knew something was off w/ my complexion! Luckily for me, I was able to get a refund on it. ALso, it didn't control oil/shine well. Would not recommend it to anyone who has shine/oil control problems.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was excited about trying this product because it was the new translucent. I do have golden undertones in my skin, but this still left somewhat of a yellow cast on my face. I have tried to like Clinique's products but they just don't work for me. :-(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Looks natural when applied with a brush but with the sponge it tends to get a little too thick and powdery. Eliminates shine well and its great that its oil free. I am hesitant whether I would buy this again, because it tends to looks to cakey at times.

UPDATE: I have tried MAC's blot powder and prefer that much more. It is a lot less cakey and looks more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by chillo7

I liked this powder a lot. As the name implies it left my face looking matte, but not washed out. Stay Neutral was a good match for my skin tone. Occasionally, it looked a bit too "powdery," but that might have just been because I applied too much. Overall, I probably won't purchase again because I am trying to use more natural cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Cosmedicted

I recently purchased this in 17 STAY GOLDEN and I like everything about it. I am extremely oily, nothing has ever been able to keep me shine free, for any decent amount of time (I use shiseido blotting papers) and this powder unfortunately is no exception but please keep in mind I am VERY oily. Depending on your skin type you may have better results. As far as the packaging I would like it to have a separate compart for the sponge applicator but I just leave the little round plastic disc in the compact so it is not sitting on top of the powder. For me these are the reasons I will keep repurchasing, its sheer, it feels great on, not cakey and evens out my skintone and I love the color match which is very unusual for me. I am so over the cakey, heavy powder foundations, I am very happy with my purchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by KDCook

Another Clinique winner. I just recently switched to this from the double powder, and this offers a nice finish (not chalky or too dry) but also controls my oil very very well. I always end up looking like an oil slick by 3 pm but with this powder I just touch up if I need to and keep moving. The color selection is perfect as well.

EDIT**This compact broke pretty soon after I bought it, which normally does not happen w/ Clinique! I use it as a blotting powder now, and still love the oil control but find that I need more coverage on some days than this can offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by RainWhenIDie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE it! I have been using this powder for 16 years!!!!!! HG for me! I can see how if you have very very oily skin, this may not work as well for you. I have normal skin and this leaves my face flawless and even a bit dewy looking although it is a "matte" powder. Pores are invisible with this stuff...amazing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. I have used it on and off for 10 years, but always come back to it after having some horrible experience with another brand. It's very natural, smooth and doesn't break me out and I am VERY prone to break outs. I don't like a lot of coverage, I suffer from mild acne and have some red marks on my face, but I still don't like anything heavy or mask-like, because I prefer just an evened out, natural look. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer or light foundation underneath this powder and the powder sets everything and keeps me matte. I do have an oily t-zone and in warmer months I might need to blot, but that's rare, I usually just look "dewy."