August 31, 2014 | 951 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Spring Bean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 2:19:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had no desire to get this lustreglass until I saw it in person at Nordstrom. It's the most lovely lime green with lots of gold shimmer. I bought it right on the spot. I have medium pink lips and this gloss made them a deep peach shade. I was pleasently suprised because usually all glosses turn pink on me but this one didn't. I love the texture of the lustreglass, they're not too sticky. The brush wand is so much better to use than a sponge applicator. I can't wait to buy more lustreglasses in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2004 3:47:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with Clement, this is a milder version of Squirt with gorgeous shimmer. Unfortunately it registers as more as clear rather than the caramel that Squirt leaves behind. Overall all, I love the new texture! More liquidy, less tacky, and very smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this simply b/c it was green & neat-looking. No other reason. I didn't even try it on in the store. I ended up liking it a lot, loving it rather, & I panicked when I couldn't find earlier today(turns out it fell out of my bag when I was cleaning out my purse & I found it laying on my bed about an hour ago). It turns my lips a peachy-orangish color & is nice & sparkly. They changed the usual doe-foot applicator to a brush(like their Lacquers), which is nice. The usual LipGlass consistency & smell, very nice. Will repurchase if A) I ever use it up, and B) if it's not an LE. Which it probably is, since *I* like it...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 4:48:00 PM More reviews by o_clement

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a toned-down version of Squirt. I still like Squirt, but this is more shiny and sparkly. It doesn't have the same effect as Squirt, in that on me, Spring Bean almost looks clear, and Squirt definitely gives me a reddish-caramel colour. However, the "green lip risk factor" is definitely reduced with Spring Bean. Also, watch everyone stare when you pull out a green lip gloss on the bus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by DENF

This is a neat color for a gal with medium to dark colored lips. There is something just fun about putting on a green tinged yellow and have it magically alter you lip color to a carmelish color. On my medium mauvish pink lips the color appears as a light peachy carmel this is different but pleasant on my NC/NW 15/20 face. I like to use a liner with this one as if a bit touches my skin, it has decidedly green tinge to it. The sparkles are not to obviouse, but personally I would prefer the color without them. Those with pale lips will want to apply a dark lippie first because it will look green on them. I applied this once when my lips were abnormally pale for me (too cold I guess) and the color was a ghastly yellow-green.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2004 1:37:00 PM More reviews by bathaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW I love this so much!!! It looks scary 80's neon green in the tube, and my hubby freaked out when he saw it!! But on my lips it turns into a gorgous golden honey shade. I love the slip it has to it and how it makes my lips feel soft and sexy. I plan on buying all of them and can't wait for more to come out!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing! Looks like lime green slime in a tube, but is all golden sparkles and peachy prettiness on my lips. Spring Bean layers extremely well with all shades of pink, peach, and red lip colors... probably more, but those are all I've tried. I wouldn't call it a caramelly color (although that was what I was hoping for) but it's still drop-dead gorgeous and unlike anything I own. And I love the new brush applicators! The old sponge tips were okay, but never applied the product evenly or in amounts that I prefer. The brush gets gobs of lipgloss so that I don't have to keep re-dipping and applying if I really want to load on the gloss. It also applies evenly and with more precision, I've found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2004 5:25:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not be put off by the way this product appears in the tube, because it is gorgeous! When I apply it, it turns a gorgeous honey color, with plenty of shine and shimmer. This will look gorgeous over other glosses, or just by itself.
It has the wonderful vanilla scent that lipglasses do, but is not as sticky as lipglasses. The brush applicator is great, too. I find it much easier than the wand applicator.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2004 3:05:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

a bright lime green lipglass?? uh..yeah.. ok BUT before u judge...... you should definitely check it out. I was hesitant at first to get this but the MA was so enthusiastic about this colour that i thought i would give it a try. It's actually very shiny and sheer. So you can definitely layer it on top of other lipsticks and have it look incredibly shiny.. It's a super sparkly SHEER lime green. This according to the MAC MA is the shiniest of all the colours in the lustreglass line. Definitely worth a look. LOOKS absolutely stunning on top of many colours of lipsticks; red, orange, and pink =).. contrary to how it looks in the tube =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is fabulously pretty. It looks like a strange, glittery neon lime green yellow in the tube, but when you apply it over lipcolor (I've worn it over a fuchsia and a bright red thus far) it gives a warm, beautiful shimmer to the color without looking odd at all. I got tons of compliments when I wore it over red. Wear is pretty good, a little less sticky than lipglass, and has a brush applicator. Same great MAC vanilla smell though! Don't fear the Spring Bean...check it out!