November 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What a disappointment... I was expecting the creme blush to glow on my skin.. instead, it doesn't even show up on my skin when i blend it. i feel like the whole point of a cream blush is to give a healthy, shiny glow. But this blush lacks pigment and the little bit that does show up looks duller than powder blush. The color has nothing special to it either. Not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by forsythia19

This is my first NARS blush ever and I love it. I have pale, neutral NC15 skin, and was looking for a natural nude pink- and this is the perfect shade! This gives a great, slightly shimmery flush, blends well, and does not break out my acne-prone skin. I took of one lippie because the staying power isn't the best, but it still lasts pretty long as cream blushes go...
    Overall, a great blush- will definately re-purchase if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jennylopez1010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have definitely found that NARS blushes work the best! I LOVE the texture of this creme blush, it's perfect, and dont be fooled by the beigey look of it in the pan, it s a very pretty subdued pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by moneybunny

Nars has got the texture of these crem blushes perfect!! I had read that the color of this blush was sort of a subdued peachy pink. It was more of a subdued pink. A natural color, but since they kinda break me out anyway, I swapped it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 4:11:00 AM More reviews by tidal

I tried this on and fell in love with it, but the price kept me from buying. Still, I was just dazed by how beautiful and fresh it looked, so I went back to the counter and caved in. No regrets!

This is my first review ever - I just have to share how beautiful this is. I urge you to try it on and see for yourself. I also have Orgasm, but I love Penny Lane a whole lot more. For reference, I am a mac NC20.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by blyss

I was always hesitant about cream blushes due to it's lasting ability and also 'greasy' texture as it sits on your skin. The Nars blushes put those fears aside with their line.

This blush is a beautiful dusty pink. I would even border on saying a light pink with a touch of mocha undertone since this shows up as a pink beige rather than a pink with a slight gray undertone. I'm a MAC NC30 and this shows up on my skin quite nicely.

As for the texture, it's a satin finish and you hardly feel it. Lasts several hours without retouching and that impressed me. Great blush and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the perfect nude-pink cream blush! Does not break me out, does not make my oily skin look oilier, just gives a beautiful, natural color to the cheeks. No peach, no mauve tones at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty, girly, pink color that really livens up my face. It look very cool toned and since I have warm tones I was hesatint to try but it actually looked very nice, had wonderful pigment, and stayed on. It will also last me a LONG time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start of by saying that I am uber pale. It's hard for me to wear blush without looking like I'm stuck in the 80's. NARS has changed my life when it comes to blushes. Penny Lane is my first NARS creme blush. I've had great success with their powder blushes so I decided to try the creme. I wasn't dissapointed. The color is a soft peachy pink. It's a pale girl's best friend. It gave me a nice girly flushed look and it blended very easily and dried down to a powder. I wear Mineral foundation and it was easy to use this blush over it. I think this shade would be universally flattering. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

Applied with a brush, this gives the most natural looking flush on my fair skin! The consistency of the product is really nice and the color is a perfect ballerina nude pink! This is a great alternative the usual darker blushes I own.