Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

Eyes: Violet

great for eye makeup removal, stays intact.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These cotton squares have become a staple for me!
I must have used up a dozen bags or so of these so far. They are so much better than drugstore cotton pads and are so soft. The size is just perfect and I think the price is rather reasonable at $8.00 CAD. Will continue to repurchase.

Great product. Really soft and non-abrasive. Shiseido should really look into better packaging. If one pays $7.50 for cotton pads one should deserve more than to have the cotton pads in a plastic bag. I could not bear to cut each pad into two. Also, this is fantastic for the face but horrible for the nails. I tried one pad and it took FOREVER to get the nail polish off. It's a good thing I had those cheap abrasive cotton squares handy.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I, too, thought that a cotton pad is a cotton pad is a cotton pad. Then I starting getting REALLY sick and tired of picking all the lint off of my face and lashes. Also, the drugstore pads I was buying would occassionally have rough pieces w/in the pad (therefore scratching my face) and they'd fall apart pretty easily. Like everyone else said, I had to douse the things in my toner and makeup remover for effectiveness, too. Anyway, it was either Facial Cotton or DHC's similar product, Silky Cotton, and since Shiseido is easier to get a hold of, I opted for Facial Cotton. No regrets here and they're worth every penny: soft, no lint, and you don't waste your toner or makeup remover using them. I don't even mind the packaging b/c I hoard pretty boxes and containers and just put the pads in there. In fact, I kind of like that they just sell what looks like a refill package. A definite repurchase!Update 1/14/07: I found a cheaper alternative to these cotton pads at the Japanese grocery store I go to. Had to knock the rating down a bit. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There isn't much more I can add. i can use one pad to remove makeup from both of my eyes, or nail polish from five fingers, whereas I'd probably use three or four otherwise. They don't feel harsh on my face like the textured drugstore ones, and there is no lint all over the place like with cotton balls. My sister thinks I'm crazy for spending so much on cotton, but she loves these things too!

This is a bit pricey, but when you cut them in half, their really is quite a few in the pack. It also helps to use less product, so in the end you probably save. It is nice and soft on the skin. I will purchase again.

Why did I wait so LONG? When I used to work right beside Shiseido, I always thought, why in the world would you spend $7, $8 on cotton? I was perfectly happy using the $2 bags from Wal Mart or SDM, but when I came across the reviews for this, I noticed that yes, my cheap cotton WAS pulling at my eyes, I was using TONS of product (and my $30 BiFacil is a little too precious to just get soaked up into a cotton pad), so okay, let's give it a go. It looks like the package of Shiseido contains a lot, after all, and if I do cut it in half, well then, even better. Am I just the happiest eye-makeup-remover-er now! This doesn't lint up, tug, or soak in product at all! The only thing I don't like is the crappy packaging, but it doesn't bother me enough to take off a lippie - it just gets transferred to a canister or a Ziplock bag. This will be a constant repurchase. continued >>

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with perfect reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. I am in love. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an HG product for me! I have very sensitive skin, and though this may sound weird to some, cheaper cotton rounds have actually been sharp and abraisive to my skin --not to mention the fact that they saturate too easily and fall apart! When I first started using the Shiseido cotton I paid $6.00 which I could barely believe. Now I think we're up to $7.50 a bag --eek! However, I really can't live without this, and because the cotton pads are rather large, absorbant, and don't saturate easily, I use half of the pad to apply my toner in the morning, and the other half for the evening, stretching my dollar as much as possible!

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Just wanted to add another rave rating to this lovely product.

Popular Face Skincare Products