July 29, 2014 | 1698 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dremay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to either get this or Girl About Town. In comparison I think it's a little more toned down and unique than girl about town. When I put it on it looks a bit purplish magenta. In pictures with flash, however, it looks very different to me (a lot more lavender and brighter) nothing like how it looks if someone were to just look at you on the street. On my NC35/Buttered Tan skin it looks awesome by itself (no liner or gloss). The texture of amplified creme l/s feels sooo good (it has murumuru butter in it). I will definitely repurchase if I run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this l/s it's a purple with blue undertones but it has a bit of pink also, which I really like. I will definitely buy another tube when I'm done with the one I have right now. For reference I'm NC 40 in MAC SFF here's a pic of me wearing it.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by billie999

I like this color a lot. It is a purple, definitely stands out. Not that dark purple that looks black though..it's a nice shade of purple. If you want to stand out, get it. If you are looking for a simple natural look this isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Can we say HG? This is the most beautiful shade of bright, slightly blue toned, violet. It's an amplified cream which makes it go on SO smooth and the color payoff is out of this world. It looks fabulous on my neutral/warm toned skin. I want to buy a million tubes of this in case it ever gets discontinued. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is like the most flattering colour ever to wear out. I've always thought that anything outside of neutral lipsticks were too crazy for me and would look odd. I caved and wore this and regret not venturing out to other colours sooner.

This is a good one for those are a little sceptic about going purple. I think it may be the cream formula that helps this not looks so bold. If this colour came in matt, then it may look more dramatic.

Anyways, two thumbs up =)

P.s. Is it me or does the actual lipstick colour not look anything like the swatch on the website?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Mac indeed does make wonderful lipstick. Up The Amp is a lovely shade of pink with tones of lilac, and blues. It is not too dark and not too light, just lovely. I think Mac makes a quality product in their lipsticks. The texture is soft, creamy, and very moist. Feels so wonderful on my lips. I love the light smell and it tastes great as well. The taste is not fruity, or candy like, just a creamy rich flavor. I can't say I have a favorite shade of Mac lipstick yet though. ;-) I love every shade, and I think it is due to the soft, smooth, moist feel of the lipstick, and the comforting smell with the delicate flavor. I hope Mac stays with this formula for many years to come. Sometimes in trying to improve products, companies lose a great formula to begin with. I really hope Mac does not fall into that rut.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is a very pretty lipstick. It isn't in your face vibrant like Girl About Town, but it *almost* like that. It is a medium lavender-pink that looks nice on fair and olive skintones. It goes great with a tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by lovesShadow

I cannot believe I waited so long to get this lipstick as I love MAC's amplified cremes. This looks amazing against my skin tone (I'm an NW30 with pink undertones). It looks like a plummy pink colour and is very unique. I have tones of pink lipstick and none look like this. Try it with blue or purple eyeshadows and you will love the results! Will definitely pick up a new one when I run out, I heart this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by productofQu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a really fierce color, I love it! Im NC42/medium beige so I've alway wanted a deep yet vibrant color, since alot of red shade turn me off.And this colors staying power WOW, I love it smooth application =MUAH.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by dreamer246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been contemplating this product for some time, and today I finally went into a MAC store to try this out. WOW, simply amazing! I think this color is even more striking than Pink Nouveau (which is a barbie doll pink); I would describe this unique color as kinda pinkish-lavender but leaning more towards lavender. You gotta try it on to see for yourself, and be prepared to be amazed because it's an unusually great color! ;) I love it so much, I'm gonna have to go back to the store soon and grab a tube of it (I bought Viva Glam VI l/s during this visit). For reference: I'm a yellow-skinned Chinese, with cool undertones.