Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 9/27/2007 4:10:00 PM

Wow. This looks terrible on me. This is a light, peachy pink that is several shades lighter than my natural lip color. Might make a nice, nude/light pink shade for those with fairer skin tones or less-pigmented lips.

on 8/24/2007 5:02:00 PM

I have a hard time finding lipsticks that I actually love, but this is definitely one of them. This is the perfect muted, medium, non frosty pink for my pigmented lips that doesn't wash me out. As another reviewer mentioned, looks even more amazing with a tan.

on 4/24/2007 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My lip has a natural brown line. This lipstick covers all my lip line without applying any lip liner. Its color makes me look younger and brighten up the whole face. I used to conceal my lip with Revlon Color Stay, but it didnít work. This Revlon Super Lustrous-Pink in the Afternoon has more pigment than Revlon Color Stay. I will buy this lipstick again.

on 4/13/2007 3:46:00 AM

OMG OMG OMG!i finally found my perfect babydoll pink lipstick and bonus is my fiance gave this to me as a present..its a soft pink,not overpowering or attention grabber. It's the same shade with MAC sweetie. This color is so sweet,it can brighten up your entire face and make you look 10 years younger.i love this color so much. I put lipgloss for shine and i got lots of compliment...i hope revlon will not discontinue this one :)
i will surely buy this again when im done with my tube...

on 4/11/2007 1:42:00 AM

my fiance bought this lipstick for me as bday present.it looks such a doll pink. tone down pink,no shimmer, very moisturized. and gives a lovely innocent pink look but not barbie doll pink. this is my HG!!! i love it. topped with my fave pink lipgloss. gonna buy this one i run out...

on 4/1/2007 12:06:00 PM

Wow.. I wasn't expecting to like this color. I have a lot of SL lipsticks and love them and since it was on sale I decided to try this color. At first I wasn't sure if I should take it but I'm so glad I did.
It is a soft pink with some coral in it. It looks pale but when it goes on my rather pigmented lips it looks so soft and pretty. I like it a lot!

on 12/21/2006 8:47:00 PM

Thankfully Revlon is one company that has kept many of its old shades - this is one that's at least 25 years old, maybe more. I remember getting some when they still sold Revlon in the nice department stores, believe it or not. They god rid of the nostalgic scent (another thing: back in the day, l/s were meant to be scented) but made the already good formula even more creamy & smooth. This is just as good as any designer or makeup artist line. The shade is a rich, warm pink & with some black liquid liner, it gives you a very chic late 50s-mid 60s look. These are often on sale & dirt cheap, so well worth trying.

on 12/11/2006 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with most of the other reviews that this is a great medium pink for tan or golden complexions. It looks great when used as a blush too, providing a golden muted pink color on cheeks that looks like a natural blush- no shimmer or sparkles. Looks good topped with a little Clinique Halo effect too.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

such a beautiful matte, medium pink!!! my HG d/s l/s color!!!!!!!!!!!not frosty and great on my pigmented lips...no shimmer... love the texture of these lipsticks....MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone...so sexy with a tan..

on 5/25/2006 5:11:00 PM

This was my 'coral for pale-skin lipstick' for the summer. It's a pretty color, bright pink-peach that comes out a lot stronger and more intense that you expect from in the tube, but still nice. However...

It isn't really worth the price. N.Y.C. makes virtually the same thing for much cheaper. And as for super lustrous--well it goes on smoothly, sure, but every lipstick but Wet 'n' Wild does these days. It's nothing special.

It's a nice enough lipstick, but next time I succumb to the cravings to buy new, pretty lipsticks, I'll stick to cheaper brands and get more for my money.

Popular Lipsticks