Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

Pink in the Afternoon is a neutral-toned, slightly milky light-medium pink. It's a true pink in that it doesn't have any mauve, beige, peach, or grey. Thus, some may find Pink in the Afternoo a little bright. I do think it's hard to find a true pink lipstick because many pink lipsticks have the mauve/beige/peach/gray undertones so I am glad that I got this lipstick color.

I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones (MAC NC 25, Everyday Minerals Intensive in Fairly Light Neutral, Cover Girl Buff Beige). I am used to wearing nude or neutral lipstick colors that have beige or mauve so when I first applied Pink in the Afternoon on my lips, I was unused to the brightness. I wouldn't call it a Barbie pink or anything like that at all. It's a flirty, girly kind of pink. I think it's also a great lipstick to layer or mix with other lipstick colors. Just today, I was wearing a muted peachy-beige lipgloss (Rimmel's Mmmmm lipgloss) and I thought that it needed some pink to give it more oomph. So I applied a layer of Pink in the Afternoon and got a beautiful pinky-beige lip. If you find that Pink in the Afternoon is too bright, you can still tone it down with a beige lipstick or lip gloss.

In terms of texture, this lipstick is creamy. No shimmer or pearl to it.

I hope Revlon never discontinues this shade.

on 12/21/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ick... this color is a bright barbie pink on me, and i have a fair/creamy asian complexion (NC30). i bought it based on reviews here coz i was out looking for a pink lipstick, but this one didn't work out :( i tried layering my revlon super lustrous cherries in the glow l/g over it and it become somewhat more wearable, but was still so bright!

on 10/29/2007 12:39:00 AM

I got this in a swap as an "extra", and I was very surprised at how much I liked it. I have gotten into the habit of paying 15-20$ for a lipcolor, so this is a nice reminder that great lipsticks don't need to cost an arm and a leg. Very pretty beigy/bubble gum pink w/no shimmer.

on 9/27/2007 4:10:00 PM

Wow. This looks terrible on me. This is a light, peachy pink that is several shades lighter than my natural lip color. Might make a nice, nude/light pink shade for those with fairer skin tones or less-pigmented lips.

on 8/24/2007 5:02:00 PM

I have a hard time finding lipsticks that I actually love, but this is definitely one of them. This is the perfect muted, medium, non frosty pink for my pigmented lips that doesn't wash me out. As another reviewer mentioned, looks even more amazing with a tan.

on 4/24/2007 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My lip has a natural brown line. This lipstick covers all my lip line without applying any lip liner. Its color makes me look younger and brighten up the whole face. I used to conceal my lip with Revlon Color Stay, but it didnít work. This Revlon Super Lustrous-Pink in the Afternoon has more pigment than Revlon Color Stay. I will buy this lipstick again.

on 4/13/2007 3:46:00 AM

OMG OMG OMG!i finally found my perfect babydoll pink lipstick and bonus is my fiance gave this to me as a present..its a soft pink,not overpowering or attention grabber. It's the same shade with MAC sweetie. This color is so sweet,it can brighten up your entire face and make you look 10 years younger.i love this color so much. I put lipgloss for shine and i got lots of compliment...i hope revlon will not discontinue this one :)
i will surely buy this again when im done with my tube...

on 4/11/2007 1:42:00 AM

my fiance bought this lipstick for me as bday present.it looks such a doll pink. tone down pink,no shimmer, very moisturized. and gives a lovely innocent pink look but not barbie doll pink. this is my HG!!! i love it. topped with my fave pink lipgloss. gonna buy this one i run out...

on 4/1/2007 12:06:00 PM

Wow.. I wasn't expecting to like this color. I have a lot of SL lipsticks and love them and since it was on sale I decided to try this color. At first I wasn't sure if I should take it but I'm so glad I did.
It is a soft pink with some coral in it. It looks pale but when it goes on my rather pigmented lips it looks so soft and pretty. I like it a lot!

on 12/21/2006 8:47:00 PM

Thankfully Revlon is one company that has kept many of its old shades - this is one that's at least 25 years old, maybe more. I remember getting some when they still sold Revlon in the nice department stores, believe it or not. They god rid of the nostalgic scent (another thing: back in the day, l/s were meant to be scented) but made the already good formula even more creamy & smooth. This is just as good as any designer or makeup artist line. The shade is a rich, warm pink & with some black liquid liner, it gives you a very chic late 50s-mid 60s look. These are often on sale & dirt cheap, so well worth trying.

Popular Lipsticks