October 2, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Topaz_T

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow.. I wasn't expecting to like this color. I have a lot of SL lipsticks and love them and since it was on sale I decided to try this color. At first I wasn't sure if I should take it but I'm so glad I did.
It is a soft pink with some coral in it. It looks pale but when it goes on my rather pigmented lips it looks so soft and pretty. I like it a lot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Thankfully Revlon is one company that has kept many of its old shades - this is one that's at least 25 years old, maybe more. I remember getting some when they still sold Revlon in the nice department stores, believe it or not. They god rid of the nostalgic scent (another thing: back in the day, l/s were meant to be scented) but made the already good formula even more creamy & smooth. This is just as good as any designer or makeup artist line. The shade is a rich, warm pink & with some black liquid liner, it gives you a very chic late 50s-mid 60s look. These are often on sale & dirt cheap, so well worth trying.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with most of the other reviews that this is a great medium pink for tan or golden complexions. It looks great when used as a blush too, providing a golden muted pink color on cheeks that looks like a natural blush- no shimmer or sparkles. Looks good topped with a little Clinique Halo effect too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

such a beautiful matte, medium pink!!! my HG d/s l/s color!!!!!!!!!!!not frosty and great on my pigmented lips...no shimmer... love the texture of these lipsticks....MMM w/ yellow undertones, C5/C40 skintone...so sexy with a tan..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

This was my 'coral for pale-skin lipstick' for the summer. It's a pretty color, bright pink-peach that comes out a lot stronger and more intense that you expect from in the tube, but still nice. However...

It isn't really worth the price. N.Y.C. makes virtually the same thing for much cheaper. And as for super lustrous--well it goes on smoothly, sure, but every lipstick but Wet 'n' Wild does these days. It's nothing special.

It's a nice enough lipstick, but next time I succumb to the cravings to buy new, pretty lipsticks, I'll stick to cheaper brands and get more for my money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by belle_in_pink

i love pink lipsticks and this one did not disappoint!!!! love the creamy feeling. the color lights up my face. for the price, staying power is great. doesn't dry out my lips....perfect with superlustrous lipglosses! i'm gonna get more of these!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 8:13:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only medium pink lipstick that has looked good on me. I find pink lipstick always look bad on me. I look much better on peachy lipsticks. But this pink if finally and exeption. It is a perfect nude pink that does not give me that eightees ugly pink look. It is very natural, matte, lighweight and actually the shade that I have been looking for ages. If you usually wear peaches and think you cant do pinks...check this out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2004 9:24:00 AM More reviews by jenofmydreams

I have PPP (rosy, cool) skin and this does not flatter me at all--it's too opaque and seems to have a slight yellowish, peachy undertone. It might work better on a blonde (I'm a light brunette with red tones in my hair). Revlon lipsticks, in general, always seem to need some jazzing up with gloss, and this l/s actually came with a gloss (Pink Afterglow). But I prefer the gloss by itself without this l/s.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by JennyW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is shows up a lighter, cooler pink on my summer tanned face. Very Versace-babe look. The texture is creamy, w/o glitters or shimmers. It would be even nicer when topped with a matching lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Not only do I adore this medium, subtle pink color, but the name is great too. I will always use Revlon's lipsticks, they really rock!!!!