October 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 3:24:00 PM More reviews by tiarazeta

I think this is great for oily t-zones. My particularly oily t-zone was actually tamed by this product. I am extremely pale and I use Medium. So before buying the lightest of the three colors, ask the employees at the MAC counter first. Only if you have zero pigment in your skin would you possibly be a good candidate for the lightest color. The price is not the greatest, considering I currently use cheap Sally Hansen Transparent Cornsilk in “no color” with similar results. The great thing about both MAC Blot and Sally Hansen Cornsilk Transparent in “no color” is that you can reapply as many times as you want (but you don’t need to reapply often – maybe once a day) without a make up look. It just looks like your skin, only without all the shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2004 1:59:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. It keeps shine away for hours. I wore it for an entire day, and didn't have to reapply at all.

I do use the puff, because not only is it really not as bad as people say it is... But, how are you going to blot with a brush? UPDATE: To prevent it putting weird oil spots onto the powder itself, put the puff back into the compact upside down, so the side that touched your face is facing upward. That said, not really interested in buying this again. Other than summertime (when I get oilier), I don't really need to use it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm NC 25-30 and this works like a charm on my super oily skin, even in humid weather. I had been using Shu Uemura's loose powder, which I also love, but this is just so much more portable. I love that it doesn't impart much color and really keeps me from "shining like a beacon". The powder is very finely milled and I find it works better with a powder brush, the puff included is pathetic! The MA told me to blot away excess oil with an oil blotting paper or film before applying the powder to get the best effect - I can't argue, it works wonders! I'm very happy with this and will definitely buy again once I'm out!**EDIT** Noooo, my powder has fallen apart in the pan and I found that it clogs my pores or something because I break out after using this. It also collects on the fine lines around my eyes I ended up with lines I never knew I had...not good!! In the bin it goes!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm NC 25-30 and this works like a charm on my super oily skin, even in humid weather. I had been using Shu Uemura's loose powder, which I also love, but this is just so much more portable. I love that it doesn't impart much color and really keeps me from "shining like a beacon". The powder is very finely milled and I find it works better with a powder brush, the puff included is pathetic! The MA told me to blot away excess oil with an oil blotting paper or film before applying the powder to get the best effect - I can't argue, it works wonders! I'm very happy with this and will definitely buy again once I'm out! **EDIT** Noooo, my powder has fallen apart in the pan and I found that it clogs my pores or something because I break out after using this. It also collects on the fine lines around my eyes I ended up with lines I never knew I had...not good!! In the bin it goes!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. Nothing works like this does at keeping shine at bay!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cmeu289

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am fair and I use this Mac blot powder in medium and it works wonderfully! Gives your skin an even matte look without looking powder-y. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this MAC powder after buying Chanel's pressed powder - this is much better. It's very light and finishes your make-up. Altho like all powders, if you apply too much it can have that over-powdered look . Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Ang999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this - great for my ultra oily skin. Just patting on helps to keep shine down for approx. 4-5 hours ! Doesn't build up either. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Amay25

Great for those of us who need to reapply powder frequently during the day b/c of oily skin. HOWEVER, this product does not prevent oil buildup at all. The only advantage is that you do not add tons of color each time you reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2004 2:24:00 AM More reviews by myfuel

This powder is my HG for keeping my face matte and removing shine. I have very oily skin, and I've tried every mattifier/shine-control product out there, and nothing worked as well as the Blot Powder. This powder keeps my face matte and shine-free for 4 hours straight, the longest ever. With everything else I've tried, my face would become oily again after an hour or two. I'm a very happy camper with the MAC Blot Powder. :)