April 20, 2014 | 1784 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 10:04:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm NC 25-30 and this works like a charm on my super oily skin, even in humid weather. I had been using Shu Uemura's loose powder, which I also love, but this is just so much more portable. I love that it doesn't impart much color and really keeps me from "shining like a beacon". The powder is very finely milled and I find it works better with a powder brush, the puff included is pathetic! The MA told me to blot away excess oil with an oil blotting paper or film before applying the powder to get the best effect - I can't argue, it works wonders! I'm very happy with this and will definitely buy again once I'm out!**EDIT** Noooo, my powder has fallen apart in the pan and I found that it clogs my pores or something because I break out after using this. It also collects on the fine lines around my eyes I ended up with lines I never knew I had...not good!! In the bin it goes!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm NC 25-30 and this works like a charm on my super oily skin, even in humid weather. I had been using Shu Uemura's loose powder, which I also love, but this is just so much more portable. I love that it doesn't impart much color and really keeps me from "shining like a beacon". The powder is very finely milled and I find it works better with a powder brush, the puff included is pathetic! The MA told me to blot away excess oil with an oil blotting paper or film before applying the powder to get the best effect - I can't argue, it works wonders! I'm very happy with this and will definitely buy again once I'm out! **EDIT** Noooo, my powder has fallen apart in the pan and I found that it clogs my pores or something because I break out after using this. It also collects on the fine lines around my eyes I ended up with lines I never knew I had...not good!! In the bin it goes!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. Nothing works like this does at keeping shine at bay!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cmeu289

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am fair and I use this Mac blot powder in medium and it works wonderfully! Gives your skin an even matte look without looking powder-y. Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this MAC powder after buying Chanel's pressed powder - this is much better. It's very light and finishes your make-up. Altho like all powders, if you apply too much it can have that over-powdered look . Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Ang999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this - great for my ultra oily skin. Just patting on helps to keep shine down for approx. 4-5 hours ! Doesn't build up either. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Amay25

Great for those of us who need to reapply powder frequently during the day b/c of oily skin. HOWEVER, this product does not prevent oil buildup at all. The only advantage is that you do not add tons of color each time you reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2004 2:24:00 AM More reviews by myfuel

This powder is my HG for keeping my face matte and removing shine. I have very oily skin, and I've tried every mattifier/shine-control product out there, and nothing worked as well as the Blot Powder. This powder keeps my face matte and shine-free for 4 hours straight, the longest ever. With everything else I've tried, my face would become oily again after an hour or two. I'm a very happy camper with the MAC Blot Powder. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 6:33:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is a great touch up powder. It abosorbs oil but doesn't distribute any color. However, my favorite is Laura Mercier's Pressed Powder in Translucent, which I feel has better texture. But I still love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 7:47:00 PM More reviews by PnkCosmoXtraLime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best for touchups! It takes away shine without caking on more makeup. I've tried alternatives, but I keep going back to Blot Powder.