LUSH Celestial

3.8

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 6/28/2006 4:18:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I seriously get excited everyday to put on my moisturizer. At first I was skeptical that Lush would do a good facial moisturizer...I love the bath bombs but I just didn't think of Lush as skincare experts. I got a sample of this at the Lush store and boy was I wrong.

It smells like cake batter to me (not like BBW fake dessert smell, like the real deal). I want to eat my face cream. Also, it moisturizes very very well, leaves no film, and does not make me break out (and everything makes me break out). LOVE.

on 6/19/2006 3:16:00 PM

I LOVE this! It's completely calmed down my dry, sensitive skin and it makes my face feel soft and smooth. The scent is absolutely delightful (reminds me a lot of Cozy Shack Rice Pudding). Plus, I haven't had any problems with breakouts or clogged pores. This spreads on beautifully if you put it on while your face is still slightly damp from washing, and you only need the tiniest dollop.

on 5/17/2006 5:39:00 AM

This is the first Lush moisturizer I've bought and I've made a good choice! I really like this one. It has a pleasant texture: non greasy, sinks in well and doesn't leave a greasy film on my skin. I like the smell too: a nice - not overpowering - vanilla scent. The price is ok as well. I use it as a day and night cream after I cleansed my face with Aquamarina and toned it with Eau roma water. I like this combination a lot. Will repurchase for sure.

on 5/8/2006 12:07:00 PM

I've been using this for ages, and generally it really helps my dry, sensitive skin. The smell is amazing, and all the essential oils prevent flaking and irritation, which is why I gave it a 4. I actually used to prefer this to more expensive moisturizers, but after using the MUCH lighter Sisley Ecological Compound for a few months, have found that Celestial just clogs my pores after a a few days. Also, I've recently had some bad batches of this, which didn't irritate my skin but smelled of oil paint. So, I'm assuming the oils in it were rancid even though the product hadn't passed its expiration date yet. I think the price is pretty good, as a tub lasts for 2-3 months, and you get a lot of costly oils for the price. The packaging is ok. I usually rant about Lush's plastic tubs, but at least with the new screw-on top this doesn't spill or anything, and you can access the last bit without out cutting anything open (as you would with a pump or squeeze bottle). I just hate that Lush doesn't use glass or something more environmentally friendly. Even if I decant this into something more durable, I'm still throwing out the plastic tub every time I purchase this.

on 5/2/2006 2:31:00 PM

I have been using this moisturizer in the day and at night for two weeks now and so far I love it. It disappears on my face yet gives it a glow. I have sensitive skin thats prone to breakout and celestial did not make me breakout even though I initially thought it would (I asked for a sample from the store and used a little for two days only on a corner on my forehead as a test- no breakouts)
My skin tone looks more even, my skin is softer and poreless, lines are minimized and I dont need foundation anymore. I will definitely be buying this again..and again.
I think the packaging is not so great. Although it allows you to see how much of the product is left, the product sometimes runs out from the cap.

EDIT: I have switched to using this rather than Gorgeous from LUSH because I realised Gorgeous was breaking me out. I've come to really love this moisturiser. I have normal skin which has a tendency to dryness. At first I felt that Celestial was just 'sitting' on my skin, but when I started applying it properly (ie. massaging it into my skin) I no longer feel that. It really plumps my skin up and makes it look great. The scent is very subtle too which I also like.

on 4/4/2006 5:59:00 PM

This is just about the only moisturiser I can use when I've blasted my face with benzoyl peroxide in an attempt to get rid of my spots. Smells really lovely, just a shame the packaging lets it down. Also find it gives me a wonderful glow in the morning when I get up, amazing stuff for the money!

on 3/9/2006 11:25:00 AM

My new HG night moisturizer. Great moisture without being greasy (i was a little afraid of the cocoa butter at first), subtle vanilla/almond scent and a little goes a VERY long way. i have combo skin... a little oily in the T-zone but i rarely brake out. This product sinks in very well ... I only use it at night b/c i prefer SPF protection during the day.

on 2/20/2006 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell of this, it reminds me a little bit of NyQuil. It says it is for sensitive skin, but after using my skin itched and I got red blotches-- it looked like I had ring worm! Not the look I was going for. I was very excited to try this, considering the natural ingredients, essentail oils and reasonable price. Get a sample before you buy it.

on 2/3/2006 10:13:00 AM

I truly, truly love this! This is my HG moisturizer! I've been blessed with good skin, never having any problems until a couple of years ago only, and that problem was extreme dryness. Since then, there'd be periods when I get dry, red patches and irritated skin, so I've been trying out moisturizers for the last year, trying to find the one for me. Some were not moisturizing enough for my dry, sensensitive skin, and some irritated my skin. When I first tried this, I was happy with the moisture it gave my skin, but a bit put out by the greasy look and feel it left. But as I continued to use it (and figured the right amount to use), my skin improved in terms of moisture and the cream was better absorbed by my skin. Since then, I've very rarely experienced dry patches or irritation. (I'm on my second pot now.) This is THE ONE for me, and I'll DEFINITELY buy again!

Popular Moisturizers