April 23, 2014 | 1838 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell of this, its soft and comforting. Its quite a thick moisturiser and definitely helps with my dry patches. I will buy again unless I discover something better

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap and was so excited to try it. But for some reason, it smells nothing like the vanilla-licious scent others describe. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it smells very unpleasant to me -- and it is a fresh jar, too. Besides the scent, I loved the texture, and loved how my skin felt the morning after even more -- but sorry, I can't take the smell... maybe i'll give it another try someday, perhaps I got a dud?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2005 1:39:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love Celestial. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this makes a great night moisturizer to get my skin looking healthy. I don't use it in the day time though because I use a sunblock that is fairly moisturizing. Many people with acne prone skin may run away from this product because of its ingredients, but it has truly been great for me. Doesn't make me break out. It has a light pretty scent too.
UPDATE: I stopped using Celestial for a while and I'm SO HAPPY that I've rediscovered it. My skin is still oily, yet has gotten dry flaky patches due to the cold weather and the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that I use for my acne around my chin area. Basically my skin was a mess and the Cetaphil cream I used just wasn't cutting it. I was getting really bummed because I didn't want anyone getting close to me because my skin was so bad. The second I used Celestial, my skin looked instantly better. It moisturizes so well! I get that dewy look and it makes my skin look younger! I can't tell how happy this makes me. My acne is also fading since my skin is balanced and not irritated anymore. Truly amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sobia75

its great for winter very moisturizing w/o bieng greasy which is of course a must for a winter moisturizer but the smell does nothing for me i mean i smell nothing no vanilla no nothing i would have preffered a nice light scent if at all but other wise i love this stuff and i HAVE to use it over a toner other wise it doesnt seem to work that fine for me

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2004 12:39:00 PM More reviews by pollyblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin - i'd say avoid if your skin is combination/oily, it'll leave you sticky and shiney. I love the light vanilla scent and it works a treat on dry patches. Downside - the packaging!! I much prefer the look of the current pots to the previous white ones, but the new lids are useless, i've had 3 pots of various creams in the past year and none of them have closed properly. They are impossible to travel with and messy at home. Given that Celestial retails at over GB 7, and some other creams are nearer the 20 mark, I'd expect a strong container with a tight fitting lid. Please bring back the screw-on lids, Lush!
A good product, let down by the shabby pot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this moisturizer smells good but it feels like wax. not silky at all. it would work well to seal in your skins own moisture when you are in a drying environment, but it won't leave you soft, just waxy. probably helpful for very dry skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by freddkelly

I went to the new LUSH store in Santa Monica and stocked up. This is the first time I have tried this little gem. The cream is great.. It smells light to almost no scent...very faint vanilla...ultra moisturizing.. I have sensitive skin...Not much product for the price and the packaging SUCKS. Like all LUSH products they must spend very little on packaging... I bought Coosmetic Lad for my husband and I can't even reclose the lid after I opened it the first time. YIKES. I am tempted to scoop out all the cream and put into another container. They have a great product in Celestial but I may not repurchase due to the bothersome packaging. The texture of the cream is to die for however... Dense like a rich and expensive cream but once it hits your skin...it makes it like silk.. My makeup just glided over it.... :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Now I'm a LUSH fan, but I think I'll skip the skincare line. They recently opened a store here so I've had the opportunity to experience most of the stuff from the LUSH Times now. I'm not impressed. The only thing I find this useful for is on my dry, chapped winter tortured lips at night. It does a great job there, but on my face, neck & declotte NADA, NOTHING! I broke out with pimples everywhere after 2 days of use and it clogged my pores, definitely not one for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 12:53:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that tends to be drier (and slightly flaky) in the winter and oilier in the summer (like most people, I guess). I thought Celestial might have been a nice alternative for me. So I recently went to the newly opened store in Herald Square to pick some up. I found that it smells so pretty of vanilla and almond and has a really nice texture. Unfortunately, after trying this out for a few days, I now see that this is WAY too greasy a moisturizer. Even my eyelids were oily after application of Celestial. Huh??? Also, the lovely vanilla smell (which I thought was pleasant at first) became way too fragrant to wear on my face. Too bad. There are much better moisturizers for me on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sharilynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

makes my face really smooth and soft, i use it as a night treatment, and sometimes during the day if my skin is acting up and sensitive...its almost a custardy pudding texture, and smells like vanilla...feels so yummy going on...not sure though if i would repurchase...i'll have to see how it works after a couple months of using it