September 2, 2014 | 2079 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Tema

Ive got a sample of this a couple of days ago and I really-really wanted to give it a try. I choosed Celestial only because the other creams from LUSH were too greasy or too drying, and I thought this one had the best texture. I tried it yesterday together with Enchanted Eye Cream: it felt o.k. in the skin, just like any other light moisturiser, but in the evening my face started to itch, specially under the nose (the space between the nose and the lip). I washed my face with water and soap and went to bed, and this morning I woke up with a red rash under the nose, itching and burning like mad. I have definitely not a sensitive skin in my face, so I would say that some of the ingredients in here are definitely too harsh for the skin. The Enchanted Eye Cream was even worse. If you have sensitive skin, even a little, stay away from this cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettfish

I just received a sample of this and I am quite in love with it. It's got a gorgeous, silky thick texture, has a beautiful but subtle smell, and feels so lovely on. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and makes my skin feel soft and silky for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 6:37:00 AM More reviews by vyjanet

This moisturiser is very moisturising without being heavy. The scent is delicate yet sweet. I would really recommend it for those who have dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love Celestial. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this makes a great night moisturizer to get my skin looking healthy. I don't use it in the day time though because I use a sunblock that is fairly moisturizing. Many people with acne prone skin may run away from this product because of its ingredients, but it has truly been great for me. Doesn't make me break out. It has a light pretty scent too.
UPDATE: I stopped using Celestial for a while and I'm SO HAPPY that I've rediscovered it. My skin is still oily, yet has gotten dry flaky patches due to the cold weather and the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that I use for my acne around my chin area. Basically my skin was a mess and the Cetaphil cream I used just wasn't cutting it. I was getting really bummed because I didn't want anyone getting close to me because my skin was so bad. The second I used Celestial, my skin looked instantly better. It moisturizes so well! I get that dewy look and it makes my skin look younger! I can't tell how happy this makes me. My acne is also fading since my skin is balanced and not irritated anymore. Truly amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Smitten45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin, and purchased this moisturizer as a replacement to one that made my skin break out. This stuff is wonderful. It is very moisturizing, yet not too heavy. It is wonderful on my skin. Since I started using it, my skin looks better. I have sensitive skin, but it is clear (except some products seem to make it break out as I have recently discovered). This defenitally did not. Nice, light scent, sort of like vanilla yoghurt. My complaint, the container is awful. When I screw the lid on, the moisturizer squirts out of the sides sometimes. Oh well, I will still defenitally buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:19:00 AM More reviews by murki

This is a pretty simple, light moisturizer. The smell is a bit like Sympathy for the Skin body creme. (To me, it almost smells like peanut butter.) It didn't irritate my very sensitive skin, so that's a plus, but felt a bit greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by iris0128

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good for senstive skin. I had some problems with my skin, but this one saved my skin. Very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2005 10:18:00 AM More reviews by minimac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Gorgeous, soft, non-cloying vanilla scent, creamy texture. Doesn't irritate or sting my very pale and uber-sensitive Celtic skin. I use it as a night cream, and it not only does it smell divinely comforting as I'm snuggling down to sleep, it sinks in over night and makes my skin feel so soft and plumped in the morning.
My big gripe is with the packaging - it's cheap looking - even though this isn't a cheap product - and ugly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 4:04:00 PM More reviews by strawberieseed

This stuff smells like vanilla-milk and is a nice texture. Think without being greasy-perfect for my combo skin that has a tendancy to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Trixie_belle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the smell of this, its soft and comforting. Its quite a thick moisturiser and definitely helps with my dry patches. I will buy again unless I discover something better