January 30, 2015 | 899 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by seasaildu

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for ages, and generally it really helps my dry, sensitive skin. The smell is amazing, and all the essential oils prevent flaking and irritation, which is why I gave it a 4. I actually used to prefer this to more expensive moisturizers, but after using the MUCH lighter Sisley Ecological Compound for a few months, have found that Celestial just clogs my pores after a a few days. Also, I've recently had some bad batches of this, which didn't irritate my skin but smelled of oil paint. So, I'm assuming the oils in it were rancid even though the product hadn't passed its expiration date yet. I think the price is pretty good, as a tub lasts for 2-3 months, and you get a lot of costly oils for the price. The packaging is ok. I usually rant about Lush's plastic tubs, but at least with the new screw-on top this doesn't spill or anything, and you can access the last bit without out cutting anything open (as you would with a pump or squeeze bottle). I just hate that Lush doesn't use glass or something more environmentally friendly. Even if I decant this into something more durable, I'm still throwing out the plastic tub every time I purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetdreamz

I have been using this moisturizer in the day and at night for two weeks now and so far I love it. It disappears on my face yet gives it a glow. I have sensitive skin thats prone to breakout and celestial did not make me breakout even though I initially thought it would (I asked for a sample from the store and used a little for two days only on a corner on my forehead as a test- no breakouts)
My skin tone looks more even, my skin is softer and poreless, lines are minimized and I dont need foundation anymore. I will definitely be buying this again..and again.
I think the packaging is not so great. Although it allows you to see how much of the product is left, the product sometimes runs out from the cap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:31:00 AM More reviews by braddersfromtheblock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I have switched to using this rather than Gorgeous from LUSH because I realised Gorgeous was breaking me out. I've come to really love this moisturiser. I have normal skin which has a tendency to dryness. At first I felt that Celestial was just 'sitting' on my skin, but when I started applying it properly (ie. massaging it into my skin) I no longer feel that. It really plumps my skin up and makes it look great. The scent is very subtle too which I also like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by pca03ljw

This is just about the only moisturiser I can use when I've blasted my face with benzoyl peroxide in an attempt to get rid of my spots. Smells really lovely, just a shame the packaging lets it down. Also find it gives me a wonderful glow in the morning when I get up, amazing stuff for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tacala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG night moisturizer. Great moisture without being greasy (i was a little afraid of the cocoa butter at first), subtle vanilla/almond scent and a little goes a VERY long way. i have combo skin... a little oily in the T-zone but i rarely brake out. This product sinks in very well ... I only use it at night b/c i prefer SPF protection during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by JBLuketich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this, it reminds me a little bit of NyQuil. It says it is for sensitive skin, but after using my skin itched and I got red blotches-- it looked like I had ring worm! Not the look I was going for. I was very excited to try this, considering the natural ingredients, essentail oils and reasonable price. Get a sample before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Cherrisse

I truly, truly love this! This is my HG moisturizer! I've been blessed with good skin, never having any problems until a couple of years ago only, and that problem was extreme dryness. Since then, there'd be periods when I get dry, red patches and irritated skin, so I've been trying out moisturizers for the last year, trying to find the one for me. Some were not moisturizing enough for my dry, sensensitive skin, and some irritated my skin. When I first tried this, I was happy with the moisture it gave my skin, but a bit put out by the greasy look and feel it left. But as I continued to use it (and figured the right amount to use), my skin improved in terms of moisture and the cream was better absorbed by my skin. Since then, I've very rarely experienced dry patches or irritation. (I'm on my second pot now.) This is THE ONE for me, and I'll DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cloudninegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This felt somewhat greasy on my hands and face... I first used it in the summer and found it too heavy (I also suspected it was making me breakout). Then I went to South America where it was winter, and used this moisturizer for my face against the very very cold, dry, and windy climate. I think it performed quite well in that environment. After I finish the jar I won't be buying it again. I would recommend Suki's Naturals for people who like organic products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a recommendation from a LUSH attendant, and he told me to try it for two weeks before I made a verdict. I'm glad I waited that long, because my first impression was that this was way too heavy and greasy, although the smell was divine. Now that I've worn it for a few weeks, though, I can say for a fact that my skin looks healthier and younger (I'm 26, but you can never start too soon), without a breakout in sight. This is my winter moisturiser for sure, unless something comes along that gives my skin a teeny bit less sheen (or maybe I was just so used to the look and feel of a dry face before!). The smell remains bewitching. Recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Tema

Ive got a sample of this a couple of days ago and I really-really wanted to give it a try. I choosed Celestial only because the other creams from LUSH were too greasy or too drying, and I thought this one had the best texture. I tried it yesterday together with Enchanted Eye Cream: it felt o.k. in the skin, just like any other light moisturiser, but in the evening my face started to itch, specially under the nose (the space between the nose and the lip). I washed my face with water and soap and went to bed, and this morning I woke up with a red rash under the nose, itching and burning like mad. I have definitely not a sensitive skin in my face, so I would say that some of the ingredients in here are definitely too harsh for the skin. The Enchanted Eye Cream was even worse. If you have sensitive skin, even a little, stay away from this cream!