LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

This might sound crazy, but I just tried this moisturizer and it made my skin baby soft. I couldn't stop unscrewing the jar and smelling the moisturizer!! haha i know, I'm crazy, but i even dipped my pinky into the moisturizer and tasted it! I couldn't help it, it tasted of bitterness and nasty taste. But don't know why it smelled so good :) Anyway, I have super sensitive skin and I'm glad this moisturizer makes my skin glow!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT: Arghh. It has clogged the pores on my cheeks to the extreme! I'm off to try something else now!

I was dying for a new moisturiser as I can't buy my HG here in Spain and my skin broke out (for the FIRST time) from using Jojoba Oil.

I bought Celestial as it was for sensitive skin and claimed it was a best seller. Now, I usually have normal-oily skin, but after the breakout I thought I would try sensitive products.

The smell is a lovely, light vanilla and the texture is nice and creamy.

I don't find the tub to be a problem at all as I can easily control how much moisturiser I use, I actually like the plain, black container too, as all my lush products look great together in my bathroom.

I use this after cleansing with AOBS in the morning and HERBALISM in the evening, on my still damp face.

It takes a while to sink in, but it does leave my face feeling smooth and hydrated..maybe a little on the oily side, but it has never broken me out. It's great under makeup, also.

I am still looking for a new HG, but in the meantime am happy to use celestial :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I always keep coming back to Celestial for the winter/spring months when my skin tends to be a lot drier. The first thing I have to comment on is the scent - wonderful! very light scent of vanilla and almonds.. so pretty!! A joy to apply. I only use it on my cheeks and neck, though, because it contains cocoa butter, which is comedogenic (acne causing), so if I used it all over my face it would probably cause me to break out. I wouldn't recommend this to people with oily/acne prone skin because of this. One lippy off for the cocoa butter, but otherwise - great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After I started using a gel prescribed to me by my dermatologist for acne, my skin became flaky and VERY SENSITIVE. Because of this, my normal moisturizers (Origins, Evian) all stung my face. Whenever my skin is in need of serious care and comfort, I resort to LUSH. So I got Celestial, because it's geared towards sensitive skin. And I was right for going the NATURAL way because this moisturizer soothed my red, over-reactive face and got rid of the dry flakes in a few days. I love that the ingredients are all natural, and that it contains essential oils which moisturize my skin but never make me break out. It takes a few minutes to sink in, but I don't mind because it looks great - my skin doesn't shine but it glows. The smell is great too - a very comforting vanilla almond scent. This would be a great moisturizer for all skin types, except those who have very oily face.

This is the perfect mid-weight moiturizer for me. It's not enough for bitter winter weather, and too heavy for summer, but for fall and spring it's just perfect. The scent is a light, inoffensive vanilla, it glides on smoothly, and sinks in.

I feel strangely disloyal for saying this... but I'm not really a fan of Lush's facial mousturisers. This one smells and looks lovely, and I did enjoy the texture on my fingertips... but it felt a little heavy and slightly greasy on my skin. I can't recommend this one.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It took a bit of getting used to. I was used to a lighter moisturizer so I was putting on a bit heavy. I have combo/crazy skin that tends to be dry and flakey during winter, but then turns into an oil slick in the summer. Anyway, I figured out to use it at night or very sparingly during the day. I love the smell and so far my skin hasn't had a fit, it actually looks pretty good. I will probably stop once the warmer weather arrives, just because it is so rich.

This is lovely stuff, lovely vanilla smell. I have combo skin and tried this as my first Lush moisturizer and it makes my skin really really soft after puting it on. But I have an oily t-zone and pretty much normal everywhere else and this didnt help my oily parts. Damn!
Will repurchase If I ever suffer with dry skin though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lovely stuff :) I have dry skin but I also hate that greasy feeling the richer, heavier moisturisers for my skin type give you. This one has has just the right balance I believe. It is still a little heavier then what I am used to but the moisturising power it gives me is unbelievable. I had a bad reaction to sunscreen that caused me to break out and gave me horrible dry patches on my face, plus my hayfever which gave me horrid cracking around my nose. This moisturiser soothed all that in TWO DAYS. That's just two applications as I only use this at night. During the day I use Ultralight. My skin is back to normal and soft and supple and unbelievable. The price is reasonable (NZ$29.90) as it will last a long long long time (at least 3-4months). It is light enough to use in summer and if I want it heavier in winter, I just pile on just a little bit more. I like this and will repurchase unless I find something better. I am trying to stay away from the expensive chemically laden brands and giving my skin a nice break :) Again, lovely stuff!

This is a wonderful extremely moisturizing lotion. It's on the heavier side, so if you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. It's the perfect winter time lotion for me though.