LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 11/2/2006 6:07:00 AM

Great thing on sensitive skin. When my skin was just awful due to the change of water (I'd just moved), LUSH lady recommended this to me - thanks!! After switching the face cream to this, my face eventually stopped complaining anymore, although I have very sensitive and problematic skin (eczema, occasional blemish, allegic reaction...). Smells nice too!

on 10/2/2006 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i formerly used enzymion for about 5-6 years, and have switched to this when my skin was misbehaving on a consistent basis for a few months. thankfully this (as well as babyface and angels on bareskin) has relaxed my skin and returned it to normal. it feels so plush and soft going on to my skin, and really absords well. i was worried that it might be too heavy, but it's not at all. it's perfect for my sensitive skin. no spots of any kind either. i only use the smallest dab, not even a dime sized amount. usually a tiny pea sized bit is enough for my entire face and neck. i feel radiant when i wear this, and my skin looks healthy too. i think that it is too good to be true in smell department though. i want to eat it rather than wear it! it honestly smells like a vanilla cookie. nothing that smells this decadent should work so well on facial skin but for me it really does.

on 8/13/2006 11:30:00 AM

Just awful. It smells great though I must admit, like sweet almonds! But the product performance is absolutely ghastly. I really wanted to like it after hearing all the great comments, but this, in conjunction with Babyface made me break out for the first time in my 18 years of existence, which I thought was a pretty good track record before my close encounter with Lush *hisses*. It just sits on top of your face and doesn't do anything, not even moisturise, it clogs pores and makes your face super shiny and oily. Horrible!

on 7/7/2006 12:08:00 PM

I only tried and bought this because I ran out of my HG moisturizer and couldn't get access to it for abt 1 mth. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with eczema, so moisturizer is very important to me. I usually tend to go for alcohol- and fragrance-free skincare products, therefore Lush wasn't really my first choice. But after trying Celestial, I liked the results. Soft skin. Hadn't tried it long enough to know if it causes acne as I tend to alternate it (kinda afraid of the cocoa butter content). But it really does soften my skin.

on 7/7/2006 3:38:00 AM

I got a sample of this because I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I love it! My hormonal zits have cleared up and the dry scaly bits are soft again. They haven't been soft all winter. I was using Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream which I love but I now love this more. I like the idea of less ingredients too. Lush don't test on animals which is the first thing I take into account when choosing products. I'm so happy with this moisturiser. I don't like the packaging because it's a tub but it's a small sacrefice.

on 6/28/2006 4:18:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I seriously get excited everyday to put on my moisturizer. At first I was skeptical that Lush would do a good facial moisturizer...I love the bath bombs but I just didn't think of Lush as skincare experts. I got a sample of this at the Lush store and boy was I wrong.

It smells like cake batter to me (not like BBW fake dessert smell, like the real deal). I want to eat my face cream. Also, it moisturizes very very well, leaves no film, and does not make me break out (and everything makes me break out). LOVE.

on 6/19/2006 3:16:00 PM

I LOVE this! It's completely calmed down my dry, sensitive skin and it makes my face feel soft and smooth. The scent is absolutely delightful (reminds me a lot of Cozy Shack Rice Pudding). Plus, I haven't had any problems with breakouts or clogged pores. This spreads on beautifully if you put it on while your face is still slightly damp from washing, and you only need the tiniest dollop.

on 5/17/2006 5:39:00 AM

This is the first Lush moisturizer I've bought and I've made a good choice! I really like this one. It has a pleasant texture: non greasy, sinks in well and doesn't leave a greasy film on my skin. I like the smell too: a nice - not overpowering - vanilla scent. The price is ok as well. I use it as a day and night cream after I cleansed my face with Aquamarina and toned it with Eau roma water. I like this combination a lot. Will repurchase for sure.

on 5/8/2006 12:07:00 PM

I've been using this for ages, and generally it really helps my dry, sensitive skin. The smell is amazing, and all the essential oils prevent flaking and irritation, which is why I gave it a 4. I actually used to prefer this to more expensive moisturizers, but after using the MUCH lighter Sisley Ecological Compound for a few months, have found that Celestial just clogs my pores after a a few days. Also, I've recently had some bad batches of this, which didn't irritate my skin but smelled of oil paint. So, I'm assuming the oils in it were rancid even though the product hadn't passed its expiration date yet. I think the price is pretty good, as a tub lasts for 2-3 months, and you get a lot of costly oils for the price. The packaging is ok. I usually rant about Lush's plastic tubs, but at least with the new screw-on top this doesn't spill or anything, and you can access the last bit without out cutting anything open (as you would with a pump or squeeze bottle). I just hate that Lush doesn't use glass or something more environmentally friendly. Even if I decant this into something more durable, I'm still throwing out the plastic tub every time I purchase this.

on 5/2/2006 2:31:00 PM

I have been using this moisturizer in the day and at night for two weeks now and so far I love it. It disappears on my face yet gives it a glow. I have sensitive skin thats prone to breakout and celestial did not make me breakout even though I initially thought it would (I asked for a sample from the store and used a little for two days only on a corner on my forehead as a test- no breakouts)
My skin tone looks more even, my skin is softer and poreless, lines are minimized and I dont need foundation anymore. I will definitely be buying this again..and again.
I think the packaging is not so great. Although it allows you to see how much of the product is left, the product sometimes runs out from the cap.