LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 1/22/2007 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It took a bit of getting used to. I was used to a lighter moisturizer so I was putting on a bit heavy. I have combo/crazy skin that tends to be dry and flakey during winter, but then turns into an oil slick in the summer. Anyway, I figured out to use it at night or very sparingly during the day. I love the smell and so far my skin hasn't had a fit, it actually looks pretty good. I will probably stop once the warmer weather arrives, just because it is so rich.

on 1/13/2007 6:47:00 AM

This is lovely stuff, lovely vanilla smell. I have combo skin and tried this as my first Lush moisturizer and it makes my skin really really soft after puting it on. But I have an oily t-zone and pretty much normal everywhere else and this didnt help my oily parts. Damn!
Will repurchase If I ever suffer with dry skin though.

on 12/18/2006 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lovely stuff :) I have dry skin but I also hate that greasy feeling the richer, heavier moisturisers for my skin type give you. This one has has just the right balance I believe. It is still a little heavier then what I am used to but the moisturising power it gives me is unbelievable. I had a bad reaction to sunscreen that caused me to break out and gave me horrible dry patches on my face, plus my hayfever which gave me horrid cracking around my nose. This moisturiser soothed all that in TWO DAYS. That's just two applications as I only use this at night. During the day I use Ultralight. My skin is back to normal and soft and supple and unbelievable. The price is reasonable (NZ$29.90) as it will last a long long long time (at least 3-4months). It is light enough to use in summer and if I want it heavier in winter, I just pile on just a little bit more. I like this and will repurchase unless I find something better. I am trying to stay away from the expensive chemically laden brands and giving my skin a nice break :) Again, lovely stuff!

on 11/17/2006 4:37:00 AM

This is a wonderful extremely moisturizing lotion. It's on the heavier side, so if you have oily skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. It's the perfect winter time lotion for me though.

on 11/2/2006 6:07:00 AM

Great thing on sensitive skin. When my skin was just awful due to the change of water (I'd just moved), LUSH lady recommended this to me - thanks!! After switching the face cream to this, my face eventually stopped complaining anymore, although I have very sensitive and problematic skin (eczema, occasional blemish, allegic reaction...). Smells nice too!

on 10/2/2006 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i formerly used enzymion for about 5-6 years, and have switched to this when my skin was misbehaving on a consistent basis for a few months. thankfully this (as well as babyface and angels on bareskin) has relaxed my skin and returned it to normal. it feels so plush and soft going on to my skin, and really absords well. i was worried that it might be too heavy, but it's not at all. it's perfect for my sensitive skin. no spots of any kind either. i only use the smallest dab, not even a dime sized amount. usually a tiny pea sized bit is enough for my entire face and neck. i feel radiant when i wear this, and my skin looks healthy too. i think that it is too good to be true in smell department though. i want to eat it rather than wear it! it honestly smells like a vanilla cookie. nothing that smells this decadent should work so well on facial skin but for me it really does.

on 8/13/2006 11:30:00 AM

Just awful. It smells great though I must admit, like sweet almonds! But the product performance is absolutely ghastly. I really wanted to like it after hearing all the great comments, but this, in conjunction with Babyface made me break out for the first time in my 18 years of existence, which I thought was a pretty good track record before my close encounter with Lush *hisses*. It just sits on top of your face and doesn't do anything, not even moisturise, it clogs pores and makes your face super shiny and oily. Horrible!

on 7/7/2006 12:08:00 PM

I only tried and bought this because I ran out of my HG moisturizer and couldn't get access to it for abt 1 mth. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with eczema, so moisturizer is very important to me. I usually tend to go for alcohol- and fragrance-free skincare products, therefore Lush wasn't really my first choice. But after trying Celestial, I liked the results. Soft skin. Hadn't tried it long enough to know if it causes acne as I tend to alternate it (kinda afraid of the cocoa butter content). But it really does soften my skin.

on 7/7/2006 3:38:00 AM

I got a sample of this because I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I love it! My hormonal zits have cleared up and the dry scaly bits are soft again. They haven't been soft all winter. I was using Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream which I love but I now love this more. I like the idea of less ingredients too. Lush don't test on animals which is the first thing I take into account when choosing products. I'm so happy with this moisturiser. I don't like the packaging because it's a tub but it's a small sacrefice.

on 6/28/2006 4:18:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I seriously get excited everyday to put on my moisturizer. At first I was skeptical that Lush would do a good facial moisturizer...I love the bath bombs but I just didn't think of Lush as skincare experts. I got a sample of this at the Lush store and boy was I wrong.

It smells like cake batter to me (not like BBW fake dessert smell, like the real deal). I want to eat my face cream. Also, it moisturizes very very well, leaves no film, and does not make me break out (and everything makes me break out). LOVE.