December 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by tacala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG night moisturizer. Great moisture without being greasy (i was a little afraid of the cocoa butter at first), subtle vanilla/almond scent and a little goes a VERY long way. i have combo skin... a little oily in the T-zone but i rarely brake out. This product sinks in very well ... I only use it at night b/c i prefer SPF protection during the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by JBLuketich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this, it reminds me a little bit of NyQuil. It says it is for sensitive skin, but after using my skin itched and I got red blotches-- it looked like I had ring worm! Not the look I was going for. I was very excited to try this, considering the natural ingredients, essentail oils and reasonable price. Get a sample before you buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Cherrisse

I truly, truly love this! This is my HG moisturizer! I've been blessed with good skin, never having any problems until a couple of years ago only, and that problem was extreme dryness. Since then, there'd be periods when I get dry, red patches and irritated skin, so I've been trying out moisturizers for the last year, trying to find the one for me. Some were not moisturizing enough for my dry, sensensitive skin, and some irritated my skin. When I first tried this, I was happy with the moisture it gave my skin, but a bit put out by the greasy look and feel it left. But as I continued to use it (and figured the right amount to use), my skin improved in terms of moisture and the cream was better absorbed by my skin. Since then, I've very rarely experienced dry patches or irritation. (I'm on my second pot now.) This is THE ONE for me, and I'll DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cloudninegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This felt somewhat greasy on my hands and face... I first used it in the summer and found it too heavy (I also suspected it was making me breakout). Then I went to South America where it was winter, and used this moisturizer for my face against the very very cold, dry, and windy climate. I think it performed quite well in that environment. After I finish the jar I won't be buying it again. I would recommend Suki's Naturals for people who like organic products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a recommendation from a LUSH attendant, and he told me to try it for two weeks before I made a verdict. I'm glad I waited that long, because my first impression was that this was way too heavy and greasy, although the smell was divine. Now that I've worn it for a few weeks, though, I can say for a fact that my skin looks healthier and younger (I'm 26, but you can never start too soon), without a breakout in sight. This is my winter moisturiser for sure, unless something comes along that gives my skin a teeny bit less sheen (or maybe I was just so used to the look and feel of a dry face before!). The smell remains bewitching. Recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Tema

Ive got a sample of this a couple of days ago and I really-really wanted to give it a try. I choosed Celestial only because the other creams from LUSH were too greasy or too drying, and I thought this one had the best texture. I tried it yesterday together with Enchanted Eye Cream: it felt o.k. in the skin, just like any other light moisturiser, but in the evening my face started to itch, specially under the nose (the space between the nose and the lip). I washed my face with water and soap and went to bed, and this morning I woke up with a red rash under the nose, itching and burning like mad. I have definitely not a sensitive skin in my face, so I would say that some of the ingredients in here are definitely too harsh for the skin. The Enchanted Eye Cream was even worse. If you have sensitive skin, even a little, stay away from this cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettfish

I just received a sample of this and I am quite in love with it. It's got a gorgeous, silky thick texture, has a beautiful but subtle smell, and feels so lovely on. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and makes my skin feel soft and silky for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 6:37:00 AM More reviews by vyjanet

This moisturiser is very moisturising without being heavy. The scent is delicate yet sweet. I would really recommend it for those who have dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love Celestial. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this makes a great night moisturizer to get my skin looking healthy. I don't use it in the day time though because I use a sunblock that is fairly moisturizing. Many people with acne prone skin may run away from this product because of its ingredients, but it has truly been great for me. Doesn't make me break out. It has a light pretty scent too.
UPDATE: I stopped using Celestial for a while and I'm SO HAPPY that I've rediscovered it. My skin is still oily, yet has gotten dry flaky patches due to the cold weather and the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that I use for my acne around my chin area. Basically my skin was a mess and the Cetaphil cream I used just wasn't cutting it. I was getting really bummed because I didn't want anyone getting close to me because my skin was so bad. The second I used Celestial, my skin looked instantly better. It moisturizes so well! I get that dewy look and it makes my skin look younger! I can't tell how happy this makes me. My acne is also fading since my skin is balanced and not irritated anymore. Truly amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Smitten45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin, and purchased this moisturizer as a replacement to one that made my skin break out. This stuff is wonderful. It is very moisturizing, yet not too heavy. It is wonderful on my skin. Since I started using it, my skin looks better. I have sensitive skin, but it is clear (except some products seem to make it break out as I have recently discovered). This defenitally did not. Nice, light scent, sort of like vanilla yoghurt. My complaint, the container is awful. When I screw the lid on, the moisturizer squirts out of the sides sometimes. Oh well, I will still defenitally buy this again.