Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

on 10/9/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Okay, I still feel like these "essences" and "serums" are a bit of a gimmick, but I have to admit, the saleslady at duty-free totally got me when she demonstrated the following trick:

Apply serum onto the back of one hand, let it sink in, then apply moisturiser. Apply just moisturiser on your other hand.

After a minute, touch both hands - and you'll find that the hand with the serum base is much more dry, and less oily/residue-y from the moisturiser!

So with that little trick, I bought my first bottle of the Advanced Night Repair. I don't think it has shown a huge difference in skin appearance for me, but it has helped calm my dry and sometimes flaky skin. I can count on the Advanced Night Repair to keep my skin hydrated after traveling, or just when the weather gets really dry or really cold. Since I only use three drops at a time, the 100mL duty-free edition has lasted me a long time. It is a much better deal to buy the 100mL duty-free bottle, by the way, so if you can, try to get this from duty-free shops!

I've been told that you can use this during the day, too, and I've done it occasionally when my skin is really dry, or when I know I need my makeup to stay in place without flaking during the day.

Overall, I like this, but I'm still a little skeptical because it is extremely pricey and hasn't actually improved the look of my skin, which is what it claims to do. However, until I find something better to keep my dry skin happy, I will be repurchasing.

on 10/9/2012 2:29:00 PM

So sad my skin did not react well to this product. As a light-tan Asian woman with combination-dry skin, my skin absorbed this product well. The packaging is great, the texture is smooth and it sinks right in, leaving a dewy finish. I applied nightly for a week before my skin texture changed for the worse. It felt minutely bumpy all over, even though it wasn't visibly bumpy. By 10 days, the bumps were now visible and also accompanied by dry skin, and small milia around my laughlines and forehead. I immediately stopped the serum (the only new product in my regimen) and returned to Shiseido moisturizer for 7 days and my skin is now back to normal. Had to return Advanced Night Repair, boo.

on 10/9/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skin: very sensitive, dry, prone to irritation
I'm rating this a 5, and selecting 'yes' to repurchase, but I will try other cheaper Hyaluronic Acid serums first (JuJu Aquamoist is first in line). I really like this product and it 100% works for me but no doubt there is a lot of price markup.

I was given my first 100mL bottle of this around a year ago, using it everyday/every second day ever since - really generously on my face and neck - still have 1/2 a bottle left.

PROS: I get no tingling/irritation or breakouts and my skin is very sensitive. When I use this after my 12% glycolic cleaser it's soothing. Lovely, soft hydrated skin overnight.

CONS: Price. Ingredients check: does not mix well with UV exposure. In case anyone gets a little greedy and wants to use this twice a day! :)

on 10/8/2012 3:17:00 PM

I guess I understand the hype. My skin quality has been better, pores tighter, etc. But I still get acne, this is not a magical product. I get hormonal flare ups all the time.
One thing I will say is ANR repairs any red spots/irritation from acne (accidentally picking at it, after a hot shower, which makes my skin look awful!) overnight.
I can see why it's great for anti-aging. I will say this stuff works, but not the exact thing I need for my skin.
But I think I'm going to try Caudalie Vinoperfect serum next because I need something that fades acne scars faster.
One bottle lasts me about 5 months. I use this a lot!
If nothing else works, I'll come back to use ANR. I just hate spending full price on this stuff, and the only way I could get it for less is at duty-free ($76 vs $84 for 50ml bottle).

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am still using a sample of this product and I love it. I had noticed that had developed chicken skin around my eye socket. After the first night that I used he serum, my skin looked smoother and the chicken skin was almost gone. My makeup looked much better and my oily skin held up and looked much freshet throughout the day. I am going to buy the biggest bottle EL sells!

on 10/8/2012 2:54:00 AM

This serum is light and easy to apply, and does not break out my skin. I have purchased this product many times and it is my go-to product for the night time treatment. I use this product after toning my face at night and may following this product with a moisturizer if I find that my skin needs extra moisturizing.

on 10/7/2012 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I got a tiny sample bottle of this as a gift with purchase. I decided to apply a tiny amount under my eyes and after just a couple of days I thought I noticed a difference. I was extremely hesitant to try t on my face because I have very acne prone skin. But for the first time I thought, what the heck, I'm going to apply it to my face and just deal with the consequences. Well, the next morning I saw an improvement in my skin! I am keenly aware of every pore, discoloration, pimple, and textural imperfection in my skin...after 3 days there was a noticeable difference in texture and I swear my face was more even toned. And holy cow I even saw a reduction in my acne. So after almost two weeks here is what I can say...my skin texture and tone are both improved, skin around eyes is hydrated and a tad plumper. And my acne may be positively affected (hard to tell for sure). One thing that did experience is an acne cyst on my chin. I didn't panic because this is not completely unusual for me. So I kept applying the serum and the topped it with a big glob my much beloved Acnee Free sulfur clay mask over night as I do will all pimples and that took care of it in 2 or 3 days. I am going to have to bite the bullet and purchase a bottle of this. It is not within my usually budget to purchase something like this. But this is the ONLY anti-aging product I have ever tried that produced noticeable and real results in mere days. I LOVE it. Give it a try.

on 10/4/2012 1:40:00 AM

One of the best repair serums ever, will never stop using this! At first, I thought this is something I will use perhaps in my mid 30s or so since it has anti-ageing properties but this serum is actually good for repair (caused by the environment or simply your lifestyle/diet/lack of sleep) and also for hydration (as it locks the moisture in your skin). I have seen improvement in my scars as well as notice a significant difference when I apply my other serum/moisturiser on top of the ANR. They all seem to absorb better and I don't feel like there is a layer on my skin. This is definitely something awesome that really helps to boost your skin's DNA!

on 10/2/2012 4:13:00 AM

I used this a few years ago and I broke out terribly and could not understand the 'hype'surrounding this product. Two months ago I decided to give it another go thinking my older skin might tolerate it better. Not a chance! I am all spots from this and I used this very sparingly. Please try a sampleof this before you buy a bottle as it is so expensive just to throw in the bin!

on 10/2/2012 3:39:00 AM

HG! I will start this review with just saying; this is an amazing product! I don't really have many HG even though I tend to buy skincare of a smaller country's BNP (according to the fiance). Anyways, this baby does everything I'm looking for in my skincare regime - and thats hard for me to admit, as It pretty much makes all my La Praire and La Mer products a waste leaving me with just a hole in my wallet (well OK they're good to but not a necessity). This product clears smaller acne breakouts, it soothens my skin after retin-a and glycolics, it puts moisture to my oily skin without causing any breakouts. It even helped to heal my skin after a major skinburn this summer when applied several times during the day (damn you LA sun!). I will always have this in my drawer.

Popular Treatments (Face)