Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/21/2007 10:42:00 AM

They actually claim on the jar it's the Number 1 Eye Makeup Remover? Are they kidding? These pads are horrible! They're basically saturated with oil. Sure, they remove my eye makeup, but they leave behind an oily film. If that doesn't sound bad enough, the oil actually gets into my eyes and blurs my vision! This has happened every time I've used these pads, without fail. I have to use wads of tissue paper just to rub the oil out of my eyes. Since I hate wasting money, I managed to get through about half the container -- but I was so fed up I finally just threw the rest away. Avoid!

on 7/16/2007 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

While this seems more convenient than using tissue and a makeup remover bottle...but what the hell? This stuff is soaked in pure oil?!!!!!!! Why would I want to put it near my eye and it doesnt even do a good job to remove makeup until I vigorously forced my makeup off with these. I'm glad these with free with any almay purchase. I'm gonna stick with my regular clinique makeup remover.

on 7/8/2007 12:05:00 AM

These were horrible...so greasy that no matter what I did to get the grease off my eye it felt like it stayed on. Was a nightmare when I had to put eyemakeup on with that greasy film on my eyelids!

on 6/27/2007 12:28:00 AM

I use these once and awhile, when I have waterproof mascara on. Yes, these are very oily, but of course I wash my face afterwards so its not a problem at all.

on 6/26/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh, where to start? I accidently bought these after thinking these were the "non-oily" version I had used before and was shocked to find that they weren't. Like I said in my review of the non-oily version, I normally use these when I am crawling into bed after a night out and just want my make-up OFF and want to quickly get to sleep, so when I tried to take my eye make-up off with these and was left with an oil slick on my eyes, I had to stumble to the washroom with my eyes closed (after to get the oil in my eyes) and wash all the gunk off. I agree with the other reviews, if you use heavy make-up (or TONS of makeup), these would be a great way to get all of it off, but I don't. I immediately returned these and exchanged it for the non-oily version (which I adore)! :)

on 6/22/2007 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is good for when you REALLY need to get something off. I am theater actress and am quite used to THICK pancakey eyemakeup. If you have the sahara desert on your eyelids or enzcema .. this stuff is great..

Pros: Quick, easy to grab in a rush

Cons: Oily as HELL! WILL STAIN PRETTY CLOTHES!! ( I ruined 2 shirts with this crap), You must wipe down with tissue.

The really crappy part is you can't go to bed in peace, you have to wash your face, and forget it if you took it off for make up reapplication. Your eyeshadow will clump and crease and even Ivory soap won't take this crap off.. Stay away if you like clean feeling.

Honestly.. For 8 Bucks.. you are better off spending 2 bucks and getting real baby oil and a cotton swab, because it works EXACTLY THE SAME- TRIED AND TRUE!!

Next Time, I believe I will stick with Lancome's Eye Remover LOVE IT..

It's a shame these are so oily b/c they actually work very well on stubborn eye makeup. However, my eyes end up blurry and I always have to change my contacts. Washing your face after using these is mandatory.

on 6/11/2007 1:31:00 PM

If you don't like the feel of mineral oil based removers, look elsewhere!

Product - Gets the job done, with no need to rub or tug. However... this feels like pure mineral oil - very oily and slick. Personally I don't equate mineral oil with "moisturizing"; especially around my eyes it feels like it's suffocating my skin, weeping onto my cheeks, and encouraging my oily skin to go into overdrive, even after using tons of tissues to wipe off. I always have to follow this product with some eye/face washing step, so that defeats the "moisturizing" claim - and what's the point of having to use another cleanser to remove your eye makeup remover? If I use this to remove eyeliner then inevitably some of the liquid gets into my eyes, and I end up with blurry vision and eye boogers for several hours afterwards (how lovely - NOT!). Also, be sure to remove all traces of this remover before you apply fresh makeup!

Packaging - The pads are fine but sopping wet with the remover and sometimes excess will drip off so be careful. I find the pads a bit of a pain to separate from each other when taking them out of the tub. I have the tall tub, and as I am reaching the bottom it gets more difficult (and messier) to reach in for a pad; this used to come in a shorter tub (with fewer pads), but I haven't seen the smaller units in a while.

Overall - I have to give this an average rating of 3 lippies, because it works as promised. But there are plenty of other products out there that work as well and are more to my liking. continued >>

on 6/3/2007 2:58:00 AM

I think these things are awful. I used to use the non-moisturizing ones when I did not wear waterproof mascara, and I loved those, but these ones are terrible. They are basically an oil slick that are hard to take your makeup off with because they are hard to grip. Then they left a blurry film on my eyes that did not want to come off, even after rinsing with water. I would never purchase these again, and I am definitely going to stick to using Pond's cold cream to take off my eye makeup.

on 5/29/2007 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ugh...I really hate these. It doesn't take off my mascara, it gets into my eyes, drips oil down my face...I really like the oil-free version but these are miserable. I'm throwing the rest out! =/