September 30, 2014 | 1087 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mrsziernik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a good eyemakeup remover. And if you put a little bit on your eyelashes before you put on your mascara (not a lot!) it makes them look softer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

Guess everyone knows of petroleum jelly's multiple uses (great overnight treatment for hands/cuticles/feet/lips, can remove makeup in a pinch, etc.) but I was really pleasantly surprised at what a great overnight eyelash conditioner this is. The subtle improvements I got from Talika over months were noticeable and dramatic after a week of using petroleum jelly (I'm using a generic brand), so I use Talika for day, petroleum jelly for night (it does tend to increase under-eye makeup smudges the next day so I try to use a primer under my concealer to reduce that). I did try to use this as an overnight treatment for my winter-dried cheeks but frankly, I prefer the results obtained through my standard serums and nightcreams. Still, the numerous uses (and cheap price) make this a great and versatile staple. UPDATE - While using this as a lash conditioner, I got an eye infection, which could've been caused by anything but I've stopped using this on my eyes just in case. Still use for other purposes listed above.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Vaseline for 5 years now, and I always discover new ways to use them. Besides the usual moisturising effects (guess I don't have to elaborate), I just discovered weeks ago you can smear a little bit under your eyebrows to create that summery dewy glow look. Remember, just a teeny weeny bit!! You don't want to end up looking greasy :) Oh yeah and I'm only into my second pot after so long. CHeap cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't live without Vaseline. I use it all the time, every single day, for multiple purposes. Primarily I use it on my lips, since after my lips finally recovered from my high-school Carmex addiction I am still unable to regularly use any formulated lip balms without dire consequences. In comes vaseline. I also use it as a lash and cuticle conditioner, I protect my skin with it when I color my hair, etc.etc.etc. This cheap stuff is the best! People say petroleum is drying and bad for the skin... but I have seen no proof of that in all my years of using this stuff. Will use it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes a great moisturizer, and the best way to use it is to get one hand wet with water, put a little Vaseline (a small fingertip full)on the other hand and mix them together then apply to body. It just sinks in and is not sticky or gooey and it's great! I'm so happy this works as it'll save my husband tons of $$$ on lotions!
:-) I'm so glad Vaseline is cheap and can be bought virtually everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by jpayumiboa_hitonara_saira

Pssst...here's my no.one beauty secret: dab ona bit of this colourless gloop onto your eyelashes for the most sultry, oooh-la-la, fan-like volumized winkies ever. Beats ALL the mascaras for sale out there- maybelline, shu uemura, chanel, estee lauder, shisedo...all are RUBBISH compared to this little cheap pot which stay on all day, doesn't smudge & is removed @ the end of the day with a simple cleanser while moisturizing those peepers. Functions too, as a smooth, glossy highlight for your eyelids & an emergency clear gloss for your lips. Only gripe is that it may feel greasy on oily skins & the "yuck" factor in sticking your pinky into a jar or skincare but hey, I will put up with far worse just for the effect it has on my lashes....YOU HAVE TA JUST GRAB THIS!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2004 3:25:00 AM More reviews by birg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

During the last past 30 years (yes, start counting now, the woman must be a really old one ...), I have spent a fortune on skin care products, starting with the Clinique 3-Step System, then going on to Kanebo, Estée Lauder, Lancome, Dior, Clarins etc. - in the firm belief that you get what you pay for, that quality in skin care products, like in (almost)all other necessary things in life must be reflected in a steep price. And that mineral oils were to be avoided like the devil himself. Well, all these lotions and cremes didn't make me more beautiful - on the contrary, my skin was often red and itchy and always seemed in a way "tired". I needed a lot of foundation to cover all that. Needless to say, my bank account got tired as well.

Not so any more! Inspired, as so often, by Bellebrune as well as by Paula Begoun, saying that the skin on your face is not different from the skin on your body, I now use good old Nivea for night and for day, under my mineral make-up (with SPF, of course),the Vaseline Lotion (of course not forgetting to give my hands a treatment as well). Believe me, my skin never looked better!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by JnePearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This reliable cheap pot of petroleum jelly is one of the best moisturizers ive found. It's perfect for my dry and sensitive skin. Not only is it cheap, but it can be mixed with foundation for a glowing complexion, mix with lipstick for glossy lips, use as a lip-balm, turn powder eyeshadow sheer, apply to eyelashes for a hint of gloss or eyebrows to shape them!.....In a recent review, i heard that a lot of models slather some of this over their face before bed to keep the skin nice and clear.....i totally agree!!..this stuff is great! what more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use it on lips to keep them moisturized, as well as hands/feet and anywhere else that needs it. Very greasy though and does take some time to soak in so i use it overnight. I wish it came in a squeeze/pimp bottle because i have to reach in the tub to get it. It's great for removing eye makeup too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by PrincessLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The one beauty product I cannot live without, even though I am a fan of high-end cosmetics. I have used it on my lips before bed for as long as I can remember. So many uses. Lip gloss over my lipstick. My night cream. Something to keep my hands and feet moisturized. People have asked me the secret for my soft skin and my othe beauty secrets. Answer: Vaseline, it is!