Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh my gosh, I can't rave enough about Vaseline. I'm currently pregnant with my second kid, and Vaseline has seriously saved my face. I had some severe acne on one side of my face, with MAJOR peeling/flakey skin. I was almost to the point of being too embarrassed to actually go out with my face looking like that. Anyway, I've been using Vaseline for awhile now, and forgot about it. This is the only product that took away my insanely flakey skin, and even got rid of the pregnancy acne I had pop up, as well as the redness that was around my cheeks. I actually use an offbrand version, which is Equate with aloe and vitamin E, but it's basically the same thing. I use it when i'm in the shower, or bath, with the door closed. You know how it gets really steamy in the bathroom like that? PERFECT time to use Vaseline. My face literally inhales the stuff, and the next day, I don't have to worry about my face flaking... and my skin is pretty much amazing.

an essential item for me. I use it for the dry areas on my face, lips and sometimes even on dry areas on my hands. does wonders. a definite must have, besides, its affordable.

I am a advid user of Vaseline and I use it in the shower all over my body and my skin does not dry out expecially in the hot summer months. I have read in a women's magazine that a top Dermatologist stated that Vaseline is the best mositurizer in the world. This is a natural product. Don't believe me!! Ask a pharmacists :)

Schmittens

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pretty much any moisterizer gives me blackheads and so does this but it's fantastic for around my eyes and my feet.. I normally use natural products and feel bad using petroleum all over my body but it works better than any organic product I've ever tried. So until I find something better my I'll continue using this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There are far too many uses for Vaseline to be listed on one review. Personally, I use it at night as a skin moisturizer. Though I've read critics say that petroleum jelly should not be applied to skin, I get such wonderful results that I'm willing to take the risk! I apply it over legs, arms, and pretty much the entire body at night before bed. The next morning I'm left with incredibly soft skin. This is a lifesaver during winter season. It's far too heavy to apply during the day as a body moisturizer and I'm still in search for the perfect lotion.

Lately, I've been applying this to my eyelashes to help them grow but I need more time to tell whether or not it is working. It's great for a lip moisturizer as well. BUT one thing that I don't think it's great for is an eyeshadow base. I find that it's too heavy to apply to eyelids and that it does not help with creasing at all. I'm going to read more MUA reviews to see what else I can use this fantastic one dollar jar for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I put this around my eyes before bed and I wake up to moisturized skin with less visible wrinkles that are due to dryness. I hesitate to use retinol products on my eyes because it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Seems like an endless cycle (sun->wrinkles->retinol->exfoliation->wrinkles again). So I like sticking to vaseline.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I never thought I'd be looking up Vaseline reviews, let alone writing one myself. But here I am! Over the past several days, I was using RoC Deep Wrinkle treatment with Retinol, both the face and eye version. Well it appears I may be one of those that reacts badly to retinol, as after about 3 days, the skin around my eyes was burned...red, itching, irritated, peeling and anything I put on to try and soothe it made the pain worse. Tonight, I dabbed on gently some Vaseline...and I am singing it's praises. This is the best my eyes have felt in days. Good ol' Vaseline!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff for my dry lips. I can not go to bed without putting some of this on. I tried it as a makeup remover but it didn't work for me, it did to take out my e/s and eyeliner but not my waterproof mascara :( But I would still buy this over and over again.

Seriously i love vaseline!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much good uses, and from reading the reviews i learned a lot more i could use for it...like eyelash conditioner :D I love using this stuff for conditioning my lips just because it is affordable and i love how it moisturizes with giving some shine to it

As someone with outrageously reactive skin, this is a life-saver.

I use this as an eye-makeup remover -just gob some on your eyes, rub around a bit, and wipe of with tissue. It does an excellent job, is super cheap, and is the only thing I do not react to. I actually use it as a whole-face makeup remover as well, just apply like a cold creme. Then I shower, use Cetaphil, and then re-apply the Vaseline as a moisturizer sometimes (I alternative with CeraVe Creme)

When my skin is dry or irritated, I use this as a moisturizer. It helps so much on the dry/irritated parts. When I have to use steroid cremes for the eczema, I apply the cremes, let them dry a bit, then put this on top. It helps seal it in, and counteracts (to a point) the way they dry out the skin.

Two negatives: (1) I have bangs, so I can't use this as a moisturizer and then wear my bangs down, I end up re-washing just them in the morning b/c I shower at night, and (2) it's a petroleum by-product. I'd love to not use a petroleum by-product all over my body, but it's the one thing I never react to. So many natural products or organic products I still react to (with the allergies). It must be what works for my body, though I wish it was something different.

Highly recommended. This is my #1 - never any negative reactions, never any problems or itchiness or smells to deal with. CeraVe Creme is #2. Eucerin Creme is my #3.