Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 1/5/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff for my dry lips. I can not go to bed without putting some of this on. I tried it as a makeup remover but it didn't work for me, it did to take out my e/s and eyeliner but not my waterproof mascara :( But I would still buy this over and over again.

on 12/27/2008 1:20:00 AM

Seriously i love vaseline!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much good uses, and from reading the reviews i learned a lot more i could use for it...like eyelash conditioner :D I love using this stuff for conditioning my lips just because it is affordable and i love how it moisturizes with giving some shine to it

on 12/25/2008 6:15:00 AM

As someone with outrageously reactive skin, this is a life-saver.

I use this as an eye-makeup remover -just gob some on your eyes, rub around a bit, and wipe of with tissue. It does an excellent job, is super cheap, and is the only thing I do not react to. I actually use it as a whole-face makeup remover as well, just apply like a cold creme. Then I shower, use Cetaphil, and then re-apply the Vaseline as a moisturizer sometimes (I alternative with CeraVe Creme)

When my skin is dry or irritated, I use this as a moisturizer. It helps so much on the dry/irritated parts. When I have to use steroid cremes for the eczema, I apply the cremes, let them dry a bit, then put this on top. It helps seal it in, and counteracts (to a point) the way they dry out the skin.

Two negatives: (1) I have bangs, so I can't use this as a moisturizer and then wear my bangs down, I end up re-washing just them in the morning b/c I shower at night, and (2) it's a petroleum by-product. I'd love to not use a petroleum by-product all over my body, but it's the one thing I never react to. So many natural products or organic products I still react to (with the allergies). It must be what works for my body, though I wish it was something different.

Highly recommended. This is my #1 - never any negative reactions, never any problems or itchiness or smells to deal with. CeraVe Creme is #2. Eucerin Creme is my #3.

i LOVE Vaseline, its one of the best products out their in my opinion and like what many had said it can be literally used for anything, such as.

Make Up Remover
Lengthening Your Eyelashes
Moisturizing Lips/ Body

and getting rid of Dry Callused Feet

This is how i did it. I would soak my feet in warm water for about 10 - 15 minutes to soften it up then dry my feet. Get a pair of clean/dry socks ahead of time because you don't want to walk around with Vaseline on the bottom of you feet. Then i would put as much Vaseline as need on my heels and put on the socks then go to bed. Then next morning no more dry feet!

on 9/17/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with the majority of reviews here....this is a classic, multipurpose product that can be used essentially anywhere! Especially great for those dry spots and for the lips. Even though it has no real scent or taste to it (it has a slight "balm" smell), it is a great emollient for the lips, esecially at night. I haven't used it yet to remove eye make-up, but I just bought "TheBalm Balm's Away" eye make-up remover for $20, and I could have saved my money by using plain Vaseline since it's pretty much the same thing (one of the main ingredients of Balm's Away is Petrolatum).

on 8/8/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the reviewer right below me, I now have awesome lashes! I'm not actually sure if my lashes have actually lengthened, or just got more "flexible" therefore easier to curl and therefore looking longer. Anyways, I love my lashes now. They look a lot longer and are a lot softer even after putting on mascara. Vaseline + shisiedo eyelash curler + lash blast + lash exact = amazing eyelashes.

on 6/23/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Ok. I swear by this when I say it...Vaseline works as a WONDERFUL eyelash conditioner/lengthener. I had a, I wouldn't say traumatic, but rather shocking experience when I ripped out half my eyelashes thanks to falsie glue. I was freaking out because it seriously looked bald in that area and horrible, I thought they'd never gorw back. Just after 2 weeks use of vaseline my lashes have already begun to grow back, THICKER and LONGER. Here is what I do: before I go to bed at night I rub a tad bit between my index finger and thumb and coat it over my lashes and wake up to lush long lashes that are SOOOO much more prone to curling. I use it with lash blast mascara in waterproof and my thin, fragile Asian lashes look very gorgeous and thick. At first I thought I was going to be doomed to wearing falsies forever due to my balding lashes, but not so anymore with Vaseline!!! Before my lashes were really brittle and never could keep a curl, but with Vaseline they have gotten so much stronger and softer. I swear, the trick to beautiful lashes is VASELINE. Do NOT put mascara over Vaseline or else it will get clumpy, but do make it part of your nightly ritual and you will not regret it! 5 lippies! This product is a Godsend, I'm going to keep buying it by the tubs!

Oh, and it also works as a great moisturizer for the lips...just coat a little over them when you feel like they're chapping and reapply when necessary. :-) I LOVE VASELINE!!

on 4/27/2008 11:44:00 PM

I use this primarily on my lips and as a makeup remover before I wash my face. I understand peoples hesitancy to use this to remove anything other than eye makeup as its so greasy and thick, but let me tell you as a person with the most easily clogged pores in history it has never caused me a problem. I sometimes use this on my feet and/ or body as well. The secret is to put on your regular body lotion and then apply the Vaseline as it is a barrier cream that doesn't impart moisture but seals it in your skin. This leads to my number one beauty secret. Every night after I apply my eye cream I cover it and with Vaseline. Not only does it guarantee that all the eye cream will be absorbed by my eyes rather than evaporating, it prevents sleep wrinkles from forming (one of the number one causes of wrinkles is sleep lines)because the skin there is slippery and pliant. I have done this for years and at 28, as a long time smoker and unreliable user of sunscreen I am constantly met with patent disbelief that I am not much younger. I have never had an eye infection or milia there either.I almost forgot, this isnt a beauty secret per se but goes to show how multi purpose this stuff is- I feed a small amount to my cats every once in a while (they lick it of my fingers, they love it) to prevent hairball problems. It helps them to pass the hair. I know, weird but it's not toxic to them and I just had to share one more of this products crazy uses.

on 4/1/2008 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i have like three different versions of this thing: coco butter, baby, and regular. they are incredible! I put it on my face everyday at night and have clear skin. I never really ever had a pimple. =] Awsome!!

on 2/29/2008 2:24:00 AM

i really liked this. i had a really bad head cold and because of it i was blowing my nose none stop. i started having really bad sores under my nose due to the blowing. it hurt so bad. and it was so chapped an cracked so i put this stuff on it and it took care of it. great stuff!!

Popular Treatments (Face)