September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sin Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by korean

pretty highlighter eyeshadow-champagne color- but not too pink or peach like other champagne colors i've tried.

i used to use nylon from mac and i found it too white/yellow frosty. i am living in costa rica now and so am a little tanner- so UD's sin is perfect for my asian skin tone. it doesn't have the chuncky glitter of midnight cowboy either- just a nice shimmer/sheen

edit- still a great color- but i am now using nars all about eve as my brow highlighter - its a little more natural than sin.

edit- i now use nars all about eve instead

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only Urban Decay eyeshadow that I own and possibly the last. It's very soft and pigmented. On my NC42 skin, it's a pretty pinkish champagne shade which is nice to use as a highlighter. I have to use a blending brush for a nice and sheer application. If I use any other brush and there's too much product, the color appears horribly frosty and almost white against my naturally tanned skin. Although the quality is decent it lacks staying power. It totally disappears within a few hours..and yes, I do use a base that usually works well. This is my main reason for not buying any more UD eyeshadows especially when you consider the price..$16 for a single eyeshadow. For that price, I expect much better staying power. Most of the UD shades are also too glittery for my taste anyways and I don't like any of the matte shades either. I would not repurchase this..it's somewhat similar to a Wet N Wild shade that I bought for only $2 that looks similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Brandih

I LOVE this shadow and don't know what I would do if they ever discontinue this! It's a staple in my stash as it's the most flattering, brightening shadow I have ever used. It matches virtually every crease color, looks great alone as a lid color or makes the perfect brow/inner corner highlighter. The texture is amazing and leaves the most gorgeous light peachy pink sheen(no glitter or heavy frosty shimmer). I can't get over how beautiful it makes my eyes look either on little sleep days or even just rushed/minimal makeup days. I only wish it was more readily available in my area. If it's ever discontinued, I don't know if I'd ever find a dupe that I would love this much! I better stock up just in case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect daytime eyeshadow. Has a nice sheen but is not glittery. Looks pretty and really makes eyes stand out when paired with curled lashes coated with CG Lash Exact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very good quality....just a nice basic brow highlighter. can be a little too frosty of applied too much. but overall very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shadow. A good shimmery (not glittery) base. I like to use this to make me look awake and fresh. On the days that I need to look awake, I use this as base, in the corners and use x on my lid, and line my water line with paula dorf's baby eyes. it works like a charm everytime!

would i replace it? absolutely!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by remmy

This is a staple in my makeup bag. It's a pretty shimmery color that isn't overbearingly glittery. I use it as a base almost every day. The price is a bit much but bearable. I would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I am not really into overly shimmery/glittery eyeshadows and prefer matte versions. Most UD shadows are not for me - Midnight cowboy so highly rated made me shriek - I had glitters all over my face. Not a very nice look for the office!
But I love their Sin eyeshadow - gorgeous golden peachy shimmery color (see pic below) which looks really pretty as a wash over the whole lid or just applied in the inner corners or brow bone for highlighting. It's perfect for day wear and really makes my grey eyes pop. I think everybody can wear it. It's a very neutral shade and would compliment any complexion and eyes!
Would definitely buy it again if I ever run out. Unfortunately UD products are no longer available in the Netherlands but thankfully I can still get them via ebay :-)

continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product (and have already repurchased)! I got this in the Ammo palette and soon completely used up the small rectanglar pan and so bought the full size. I depotted into my MAC 15-pan and the e/s is now a staple. It has a wonderful shimmer with no glitter and is my perfect neutral shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by the_hans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely a staple in my makeup bag. A little pricey, but it lasts a while and the color is amazing. Sin is a nice shimmery champagne color, but not too shimmery that I would consider it a nighttime shadow. Great for daytime - a very pretty neutral.