April 23, 2014 | 2109 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by margyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Acne: mild and also hormonal acne

:D Worked for a while and cleared up my skin marvelously
:D The bar soap lasts a long time and could be used for entire body
:D Foam soap cleans away leftover makeup

:( Doesn't work for me anymore
:( Made my skin flakey and (sometimes) not necessarily dry (odd eh?....flaky and oily?)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first received the Acne Solutions Clear Skin System through some kind of skin bootcamp website, where Clinique was actually giving the travel size kits away. All I can say is wow! I don't have major acne, but I tend to breakout from time to time. This system is amazing and very effective. My skin was clear within a week's time of using the products. I've used Proactiv, which takes a very long time for me to see results, after three weeks I was through with that! The only thing about the Clinique Acne system is it's very drying, which I don't mind in this humid weather, and the moisturizer doesn't have spf. So I don't really use the products unless I'm having breakout (like now) and my skin's already clearing up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 7:24:00 AM More reviews by manderz84

I have been using this product off and on for about 4 years. I always end up going back to it. My most recent purchase was last month. I have very oily skin (especially in the summer) and I also have alot of redness. This stuff helps me so much! After a week or two of using it, my face clears up almost completely! It doesn't dry my skin out b/c I use all three steps sparingly....a little goes a long way.

I take my makeup off w/ the Clinique Take The Day Off Balm then I use the acne solutions three-step. About once a week, in the morning time, I ill use the Clinique clay-based Emergency mask before the three-step and that also helps a ton with the oiliness. I am a true-blue Clinique fan and this product just reaffirms my faith in the Clinique product line!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ehadams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the trial kit of the acne 3 step system and used it for about a month. At first it cleared up my acne and I was pleased. However, it began to give me flaky, dry patches around my eyebrows and above my lips (before this, I had oily skin). I asked a Clinique rep for help and she said that the toner and moisturizer were very drying. The toner has powder in it along with salicylic acid (which is why you have to shake it), and the moisturizer has benzoyl peroxide. All this combined can fix your acne fast but really dry your skin out! However the soap is basically the same as the 3 step systems' soaps. As such, she gave me samples of the oily skin 3 step toner (#3) and lotion (oil free gel) and I used it with the acne solutions cleanser. After a few days it fixed all the dry skin problems I was having. Once I ran out, I switched to the Oily Skin 3 Step System and have been using it since. The only time I get pimples now is if I do something bad to my skin or have some serious stress going on. When this happens, I break out the acne solutions toner/moisturizer for a night and it helps. So my suggestion is- start with this, then switch to the normal versions, and only break this out when needed. Although I will say that with all the other acne lines out there, I don't think this is the best one around. It is very harsh, but not as expensive as some other stuff. If you want to try it, definitely get the trial kit instead of the full size versions- and remember that when you have acne and start an acne treatment your skin will get worse before it gets better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this last summer when it first came out. At first, it dried my skin out a lot and the SA gave me a sample of moisturizer which I used in place of the medicated one, and I used the face wash and toner in the mornings only. After about a month or two of doing this, my skin became accustomed to the products and I was able to do all three steps twice a day. My skin cleared up pretty well for a little while, but then it seemed to become immune to the system and started to develop comodones and the the occasional pimple again. I used it up and switched to an exfoliating facial wash (can't remember which one) and there was no change in my skin. Haven't used it since and still no change, so this is good for clearing up the problem and then you can switch to something else to maintain your skin. Ease into it, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mochi123

I was desperate to try something during the summer when my skin was breaking out and I tried the Acne Solutions when it first came out since there was a GWP. Bad Idea! Waste of money! The only reason why i decided to give Clinique a try was because i tried their emergency gel cream for blemishes and it worked pretty well and reduced the inflammation so much. I decided to buy the trial size package that they had and this is what happened
1. My face had red itching bumps everywhere except for my T-zone
2. My face got extremely dried out
3. My face started flaking
4.It took my poor skin a full month or more to recover.
Please do not try out this line even if you have very oily skin even the poor Clinique SA that i work with and purchased the kit with at the same time suffered the same fate.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by meg_d

I bought the 3 step trial system for about $35. I have been using it for 3 1/2 weeks so far and think I am going to stop as it has only made my skin red, SUPER dry, angry and has seriously only increased my acne - which wasn't THAT bad to begin with. Everything in this kit makes my skin super dry, flaking ALL over, had to use so much lotion to help my poor skin calm down. Everything felt tight tight tight after use and I haven't experienced any good side effects yet.

I was hoping that it just took a while to "pull everything out" and clear it, but after 3 1/2 weeks it seems to still only be getting worse.

I would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bobagirl89

I thought this would be a really gentle product as advertised, but it did NOTHING for my skin other than cause the worst breakout in my skin's history.
This works for some people, but NOT for people like me, who have uber sensitive skin. My friends started noticing (after I used this) how red and inflamed my cheeks and nose became, and I stopped. The breakout-thank god, stopped right after.
Please use this product with caution-I believe it was the toner that caused my breakout. I bought the sample size $32 USD, so try that before spending 50 on the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by UtadaTenshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a klutz like me, the packaging of the toner wasn't the best thing. I kept spilling it. Instead of making my acne better like I had hoped, it caused the blemishes to spread! My acne, once isolated to the T-zone, had now manifested in my cheeks. Even after I stopped using it, the acne didn't go away from my cheeks. Thankfully, the Macy's I bought the 3-step kit from allowed me to return it.

Save yourself the agony and don't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by karmiclimber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe how quickly this is clearing up my skin! I bought this a couple of days ago and have been using it faithfully morning and night and already my skin is clearer than it has ever been since my acne started flaring up a year ago. I have had cysts, white heads and regular zits and the white heads are already all gone, the zits are practically all dead and the cyst that I had on my cheek is more like a regular zit now. I am so pleased that I tried this stuff! I had been using Dan Kern's regimen and it just wasn't working for me. I think the double punch of salicylic acid (in the face wash and toner) and benzoyl peroxide (in the moisturizer) are exactly what my skin has needed. Its also not harsh or irritating (like retinols and vitamin C masks have been for me). I will update after I have been using it for a month, but honestly the way things are going now I am starting to wish I had taken a "before" picture.

Just a couple of tips on how I use these products:
-I use Cetaphil to remove my makeup (at night).
-After I apply the acne solutions cleanser, I massage it in for a few seconds before rinsing...maybe 15 to 20 seconds at most.
-After getting out of the shower, I let my face completely dry before applying the toner.
-And same with the toner - I let my face completely dry before applying the acne solutions moisturizer.